Tata, Land Rover, Jaguar: Auto Expo 2012 Coverage (Pictures, News, Updates)

The Tata Vista is surely a stunner.Will they ever do it with the production version also?

Thanks 350Z for all the wonderful news,updates and the fabulous pictures.

For me the the Vista concept looks more like some old 90s rover face bolted on Vista.Even the Tata Logo with red background looks cheesy.Overall I am not at all impressed with Tata's passenger cars and concept based on it.The Safari storme concept looked as if it has been ripped straight from 90s Toyota Land cruiser with tell tale sign being amber front indicators housed in the bumper.The Tata Safari storme's rear looks more MPVish than and SUV and interiors look old school.However I was very impressed with commercial vehicles from Tata - looked impressive.To sum it all [thumbsup] for commercial vehicles and [thumbsdown] for passenger vehicles.

Last edited:
Awesome concepts specially pixel, Jaguars and LR Defender. Great pics once again 350Z.

You are eyes of those unfortunate-but-lucky-to-be-on-TAI people who missed this chance to see the change being heralded to Indian Auto market!!

@ 350Z

Vibbs, can we get the interior pics of Aria AT, just read somewhere that they are really improved from previous versions.Thanks in advance.[:)]

Last edited:
Vista & Hybrid Manza looks Stunning...

Strom & Xenon looks more muscular...

Pixel looks Cute & beautiful..

Good going TATA..

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures Vibhor.

Tata Pixel is so cute.

New Xenon is awesome. Brute looks and premium looking too.
A real cult vehicle

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Surprise! Just like previous Auto Expo - This time also I was fortunate to see Mr.Ratan Tata very closely. :smile: He was taking a tour of the Hero Moto Corp. Pavilion.

Ratan Tata.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just want to know about the Magic IRIS-seems a vv good concept-an ideal alternative to the Autorickshaw-but does not figure on the Tata motors website and is not available in most places-have not seen one in South India/ Delhi.
Does anyone know what the story is? Seems like a good personel vehicle for those with a budget constraint,wanting a diesel small minivan-hope some of out TATA experts can help
Also anyone has any info on the Venture-any chance of a BS4upgrade.
The Manza CS seems to be in cold storage as with the Nano diesel-so many false alarms and still no sign[anger]

Just want to know about the Magic IRIS-seems a vv good concept-an ideal alternative to the Autorickshaw-but does not figure on the Tata motors website and is not available in most places-have not seen one in South India/ Delhi.
Does anyone know what the story is? Seems like a good personel vehicle for those with a budget constraint,wanting a diesel small minivan-hope some of out TATA experts can help
Tata's Iris is not being seen in South India as there are no ads,probably even the dealer wouldn't have got the idea.

Also anyone has any info on the Venture-any chance of a BS4upgrade.
Until the CR4 engine comes to this vehicle Venture won't get any upgrades.

The Manza CS seems to be in cold storage as with the Nano diesel-so many false alarms and still no sign
You will see the Nano V2 version only in next years.

Wow Range Rover Evoque is what i like the most.

Already spotted one grey Evoque in my area, looks are killer.

Liked the Maroon Aria and Xenon.

The CNG looks like a toy car for children.[lol]

Is the Aria A/T launched or just a concept?Price & specs?
It is neither launched nor its a concept, rather its a production ready variant which will be launched somewhere around mid/end of 2012.

Specs = Similar to other Aria but with slighty modified/pepped up dashboard, and a 6 speed automatic gearbox with triptonic mode, generating power of 156 ps and torque of 400 NM.

PS: I have requested Vibbs to post the interior pics, but he seems to be too busy scouting those hot Jaguar cars:biggrin:.

Last edited:
The Manza CS seems to be in cold storage as with the Nano diesel-so many false alarms and still no sign[anger]
It was already informed here that Manza CS won't be there until & unless the current Manza is replaced by some other sedan, else it will take sales away from Manza & Vista as both buyers will jump to Manza CS.

Top Bottom