Tata Indigo - The Perfect Office car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,
if some members remember, i had started a thread on which car my dad's office could buy for office use. I had seen some cars like Accent CRDi and TATA Indigo D. Diesel was a must since the car runs a lot. The office had seen a TATA Indigo XL red color and almost bought it but it was sold to someone before they could quote! So found this car, and it is pretty good.

GOOD:
-Ride is so comfy
-A lot of Legroom
-HUGE boot
-AC is good and cools well, same goes for heater too
-cheap to run

NOT SO GOOD:
-Color is lame
-Steering is too high
-gearbox is also not all that good
-color of dashboard looks dull
-TDi engine is audible but could be because this car is second-hand.
-does not offer sound system

Overall this car is a good car. It was bought second-hand on December 6, 2009. It has 35,000 kms on the odo and the office got a good price of 2 lacs. Car was properly maintained and it shows.

Pics:

sorry for repeating pics, this is what i have. I will get new pics later!

Is the car maintained by your office or dad??

If the car is going to be maintained by office then you can go straightaway with a TATA!! The only problem is maintenance and that is going to be taken care by the office!! A great car with loads of space!

In fact we considered Indigo also before buying Safari! Thanks to the salesguy he mentioned that it is not a good decision moving from a Sierra to an Indigo , the comfort will be missed! And yes i realized this after buying Verna!! The comfort in Safari cannot be attained in Verna!

Thread Starter #4
Is the car maintained by your office or dad??

If the car is going to be maintained by office then you can go straightaway with a TATA!! The only problem is maintenance and that is going to be taken care by the office!! A great car with loads of space!

In fact we considered Indigo also before buying Safari! Thanks to the salesguy he mentioned that it is not a good decision moving from a Sierra to an Indigo , the comfort will be missed! And yes i realized this after buying Verna!! The comfort in Safari cannot be attained in Verna!
car is maintained by office for my dad
it is my dad's office car.
it is serviced at private mechanic
the office has one common mechanic who checks all the fleet of office cars!
ofcourse the comfort in Safari is too good and incomparable by sedans!

350Z

Core Team
Personally speaking, I’ve never preferred the looks of Tata Indigo. It looked a way too simpler than rivals and that’s the reason I liked the dZire over it, earlier in comparison which was much better even though the concept of both cars is same, i.e. based on hatchback siblings. However, When Tata Motors released the Indigo XL at an unbeatable price, loaded with fantastic features and fresh looks, I eventually started liking the and soon after release of Manza, Things have changed a lot! Anyways, overall this Indigo is a great package for those who plan to upgrade from a hatch to sedan especially when budget is constrain. Also, Needless to tell the reason why it quickly became popular among taxi operators. What’s the actual age of your Indigo Archit? And do share some interior pictures if you have. It appears to be quite well maintained, except of a few regular scratches and dents.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
well the "age" is 6 years
it is 2004 model
no interior pics and yeah it is pretty well-maintained and so it is a steal. There is one dent on the bonnet because of a truck driver just reversed into the car!

or may be ratan tata is now using a nano?
indigo is a very good car. the petrol machine too has got hell lot of pick up and is very smooth to drive too. but the major problem in tata indica's and indigo's is the naming of their variants. in the diesel i know only the DL* series that is DLE,DLS,DLG and DLX. but its quite confusing sometimes when i see maruti names on indica's. LSi, LXi etc. even on indigo i see LS, SX etc. don't tata people have any order to name the variants?

well the "age" is 6 years
it is 2004 model
no interior pics and yeah it is pretty well-maintained and so it is a steal. There is one dent on the bonnet because of a truck driver just reversed into the car!
Exact , mine is 04 november model.

Changed the head lamp to latest dual head lamp model. [clap]

Actually i love this model more than the pre manza one. The next gen indigos taillamps looked too big for the car. Just go in for black tapping on pillars and you are done.

Thread Starter #14
can this thread be closed? the car was bought by my uncle from office and he maintained it well and sold it. Now he has bought a brand new Manza. so no point of this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom