Tata Indigo TDi LS BS-III

if you love the car alot then go ahead with the repairs but at a reputed service centre not local mechanics as engines have tight tolerances and a local mechanic may not do it well which can cause future issues.
i paid 45k for a head gasket and head overhaul for my aveo at the A.S.S an engine overhaul can cost you 75k+

Thread Starter #17
if you love the car alot then go ahead with the repairs but at a reputed service centre not local mechanics as engines have tight tolerances and a local mechanic may not do it well which can cause future issues.
i paid 45k for a head gasket and head overhaul for my aveo at the A.S.S an engine overhaul can cost you 75k+
I have been quoted a budget of Rs 11k [+/-] for Piston rings birthday ceremony. I love the car without a doubt, I can always go for an e-cs [clap]

wow thats supremely cheap man. no need of selling it youd have many many miles to crunch with that car a friend has an indigo clocked some 2.5 lakh kms no engine work as yet

Thread Starter #19
wow thats supremely cheap man. no need of selling it youd have many many miles to crunch with that car a friend has an indigo clocked some 2.5 lakh kms no engine work as yet
might not be so, because this 11k is just for piston work, if anything more is detected on opening engine, then we will have few additions. I personally feel that I must go for this, alongwith a FIP servicing at Lucas. FE, smoothness, power is still good.
By the way just had an oil top up. Valvoline SAE 15w40 5 litres at 900/- [:)]

Thread Starter #20
I have decided, not to go with rings change / overhaul till a lac kilometers, at present have clocked 90000 kilometers, meaning another year or so.

I have decided, not to go with rings change / overhaul till a lac kilometers, at present have clocked 90000 kilometers, meaning another year or so.
Its not necessary that one needs Piston rings change every 40K kms. Many cars including Indica, Indigo in taxis do more than 2-2.5L kms without engine overhaul. Just change the rings might cost 7-8k INR as the gasket and other things will also be needed to change once the engine head is opened.

Top Bottom