Tata Indigo eCS Now in CNG Version (Facelift Coming Soon)

Thread Starter #1
The CNG fuel has started gaining importance among the manufacturers after the Indian government made the diesel dearer by Rs. 5 per litre.

Hyundai has launched the CNG versions of their small cars in more areas, Honda is planning a CNG variant of the City and we had spotted the test mules of Tata Nano CNG a few days back.

Now the Tata Indigo eCS is ready to go the CNG way, if this latest spyshot is considered as evidence.

The mule was spotted testing in Pune roads. There are no visual changes but the rear windshield has the mandatory CNG sticker on it.

The Tata Indigo eCS CNG is expected to be powered by the dual fuel version of the current 1.2 litre MPFI petrol engine that develops 64 bhp, however no clear details about the specifications of the CNG spec version is available.
Since Indigo eCS is widely preferred in the taxi segment, Tata may likely locate the CNG tank to not use up the entire boot space. The CNG version of the car will be sold in select cities like Delhi and Mumbai since CNG’s availability is not uniformly distributed across the country.

The Indigo eCS CNG could be launched during the festive season. The taxi operators will be very interested since the running cost will be much lower while they needn’t invest extra in a diesel variant.

Read more: Tata Indigo eCS CNG spied on test

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
All new INDIGO-ECS facelift spied

The car was spotted testing at a location in Pune which we cannot disclose at this point in time. What we can disclose though is the changes that the facelifted Indigo eCS will bring to the table. The facelifted Indigo eCS comes at a time when the Indian car market is all set to see a flurry of compact sedan launches. Two new compact sedans, in the form of the Honda Brio Amaze and the Mahindra Verito CS will be launched in early 2013.

So, Tata Motors readying up a facelifted version of the Indigo eCS is something that isn’t surprising. In fact, Tata Motors has to be credited for spawning the compact sedan segment in India and the world through the Indigo eCS, which holds the distinction of being the world’s first compact sedan. Coming to the facelifted model, the car EarthFusion has spotted came with smoked headlamps, the kinds of which are found on the top end variants of the Volkswagen Vento sedan. Apart from the smoked headlamps, the facelifted Indigo eCS gets a redesigned grille and new fog lamps.

EarthFusion also reports that the new front grille that the facelifted Indigo eCS will come with, will be used on upcoming Tata cars too. Apart from the new front fascia, the rest of the exteriors of the facelifted Indigo eCS remain unchanged and this includes the rear of the car. The facelifted Indigo eCS is expected to retain the 1.4 Liter CR4 turbo diesel engine that produces a peak power of 70 Bhp and a peak torque of 140 Nm. The petrol engine will be the 1.2 Liter MPFI unit that puts out 65 Bhp of peak power and 100 Nm of peak torque. Both engines are offered with 5 speed manual gearbox options.

ICB Exclusive: 2012 Tata Indigo eCS compact sedan facelift spied | IndianCarsBikes.in

It look's like it will have a very minor changes externally, hope it will come with a better interior's like an all new re-designed dashboard.

Attachments

Re: All new INDIGO-ECS facelift spied

Thanks for the update Visran, Hope TATA improves the plastic interiors too.[:)]

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the update Visran, Hope TATA improves the plastic interiors too.[:)]
Even i am hoping Tata brings in the all new dashboard for this model as it currently suffers from a dashboard which was designed a decade earlier.

Oops, I think Tata is happy selling the Indigo with this face. I would love to see refreshed interiors which i am pretty sure will come since the exterior alterations are minor. Good that Tata is ambitious about competing with Honda in this segment, however, to excel in real world, the company needs to work really hard on ASS and the quality aspect of IndigoCS. I have driven the current CR4 powered Indigo for few hundred kms. I must admit that its drive is very unconvincing. The turbo kick is abrupbt and the braing is pathetic. I just hope the facelift comes with technical improvements too.

I don't think this will be increase sales by any margin, As the design itself seems a decade old, no matter whatsoever they change it in exterior it is not going to work untill some major facelift job is done.

P.S: The thread title is misleading as this is not an All New Indigo.

Thread Starter #8
Tata indigo eCS sedan in India Limca Book of Records

Tata Indigo eCS has set a new endurance world record by completing a non-stop nationwide mileage run, crossing 19 states and union territories and traversing over 14,000 kms in a span of 15 days. This mileage run shows reflects that the Tata Indigo eCS, which sells well in India and boasts of excellent fuel efficiency. The record rendering endurance drive test results clocked best fuel economy at 41.14 kmpl, and an average fuel economy of 18.7 kmpl.

Best Fuel economy statistics recorded during this run was 41.14 kmpl while average fuel economy statistics were registered at 18.7 kmpl. Climatic conditions varied from temperatures of -4?C to 48?C respectively. Results of this endurance run were put together by the Tata Motors team in collaboration with international accounting firm KPMG.

President – Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, Ranjit Yadav had this to say, “The Tata Indigo eCS is the 3rd largest selling sedan in India today. The car has been appreciated for its classy styling and unbeatable value proposition that it offers. This endurance record has proven the Tata Indigo eCS as a robust and the most fuel-efficient sedan. Tata brands have always brought to the Indian passenger car market, best-in-class features, spacious interiors, personalised comfort and fuel efficiency. This feat has further encouraged us to continue developing innovative products and bring to market first-in-class value propositions.”

Read more at Tata indigo eCS sedan in India Limca Book of Records | Rush Lane

The rendering looks neat, but, if this is going to be the facelifted eCS, then i would rather suggest Tata motors to rather not waste time and the capital on facelifts because it hardly serves any purpose and at the same time, the changes are too minor to notice.

Thread Starter #11
Agree with you,this model has finished it's life cycle, Tata's should better concentrate on bringing Manza CS rather than spending time and money on a decade old car, unless this sees a major price drop which might fuel it's sales(but i doubt such thing will happen).

and why CNG variant,i mean it only and only sells in diesel fuels, its cheaper,has a boot to it a compact sedan with diesel mill under it.
Dont understand their strategy for CNG unit to launch.

Thread Starter #13
TATA MOTORS OFFICIAL CONFIRMS SUB 4 METER COMPACT SEDAN; MANZA CLUB CLASS LAUNCHED IN NEPAL

The number of car launches in the compact sedan space in India shows no signs of abating anytime soon. The latest word from Tata Motors is that the car maker is indeed working on a sub-4 meter sedan for the Indian car market. An anonymous Tata Motors official, speaking to FinancialChronicle, has gone on to say that the Tata Motors is working on a “compact car”. However, it remains to be seen whether the new compact sedan is the facelifted version of the Indigo eCS or whether it is a car based on the Tata Manza.

Tata Motors official confirms sub 4 meter compact sedan; Manza Club Class launched in Nepal | IndianCarsBikes.in

I think the original Indica/Indigo family design is already too old.

Tata is flogging a dead horse. They should discontinue these models completely and focus on Vista/Manza or newer versions of same.

Tata Motors sales figures for Feb 2013 are just pathetic. Do not know what is going behind the scene, if they are not coming back quickly it would very difficult for them to recover the lost market share.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Top Bottom