Tata Indica Vista VX Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
I checked it. There is no tag anywhere to be seen. I am guessing this must be one of those local upholsterers' piece. Not a branded one.

Similar type of Dolphin seat covers will cost around Rs.7K here. One of my friends went looking for one in JC Road, for his car. Funny story that one, The shopkeeper sounded so disinterested in selling his stuff. My friend's car was in Trivandrum and he wanted to buy the seat covers from here. The shopkeeper just kept saying, 'Bring the car to the shop and we will see', when asked for showing other pieces and about the prices. He was so dull in responding to me when I asked him about Alloy wheels.

The poor guy must have been having a bad day that day. :tongue:

hehe anyways, yeah a neck pillow would be very useful. How much does it cost?

@ajithjgshk - Could you please out a picture of the scratches? If they are not deep then you will be able to get away by using 3M's rubbing compound(Finesse-IT).

@AppuK - Where did you do your seat installation work? Is it leather/art-leather or pure fabric?

Thread Starter #33
The service centre people tried with a rubbing compound. All but one scratch was removed. He said, a bit of the paint has been chipped away. Its not that big. A small spot on the hood. Will post a pic though.

I checked it. There is no tag anywhere to be seen. I am guessing this must be one of those local upholsterers' piece. Not a branded one.

Similar type of Dolphin seat covers will cost around Rs.7K here. One of my friends went looking for one in JC Road, for his car. Funny story that one, The shopkeeper sounded so disinterested in selling his stuff. My friend's car was in Trivandrum and he wanted to buy the seat covers from here. The shopkeeper just kept saying, 'Bring the car to the shop and we will see', when asked for showing other pieces and about the prices. He was so dull in responding to me when I asked him about Alloy wheels.

The poor guy must have been having a bad day that day. :tongue:

hehe anyways, yeah a neck pillow would be very useful. How much does it cost?

The shopkeeper wife may scold him.. that's why he not in mood in job.. lol [:D]

BTW, It may come around Rs.250 to 500. Mine is customised and it was made by my dad[;)]... we used it in my black Indica & now we are using the same in Vista..

Thread Starter #36
The shopkeeper wife may scold him.. that's why he not in mood in job.. lol
Haha.. could be..[;)]

BTW, It may come around Rs.250 to 500. Mine is customised and it was made by my dad.. we used it in my black Indica & now we are using the same in Vista..
That's cool.. [:)].. I will check those out here..

Can't wait for the drive back to home... Whole of NH7..its a nice bit of road.. Hoping to touch some top speeds there. [evil]

Here is pics of the scratch. Its a small one not noticeable very easily..

Attachments

Last edited:
thats a chip mark

it happens to cars in australia alot
reason - cars in front of you can have small stones stuck in their tyres that can get loose while your driving on free way (120 kmph) , that just hit your car and thats it!

my mate's honda accord 2007 got chip mark on his windscreen .. might get a new one now

Thread Starter #38
mmm. yes. I will wait for a while and unfortunately if more scratches like this comes, Will paint everything in one shot rather than fixing it adhoc.

Guys, I am thinking about changing the exhaust for better sound.. I have read in different places that freeflow sort of exhausts are not so useful in diesel cars as the sound wont change much or it will start giving grunting like noises. Plus, Changing the airfilter will change the engine noise?

And, how long should one wait for before starting to tinker with the engines. Should I leave the engine to set or something. I really want to tune my car. But no idea where to start from..

Good idea wait till sometime and then get the whole paint fixed

Tuning - depends on what you want to do .

You want to keep it as a daily driver or want to mod it for performance?

Performance you won't get much since its a diesel smaller engine.

You can always upgrade your intake and the exhausts

Thread Starter #40
Well I would like to mod the car for performance, but I don't want to unbalance it. Not at the cost of reducing the FE too much or running into trouble with emissions.

Freeflow Exhausts will mess with the emmissions rt?

mmm. yes. I will wait for a while and unfortunately if more scratches like this comes, Will paint everything in one shot rather than fixing it adhoc.
Dude - No need to paint the entire stuff. First try using the 3M's Finesse-IT rubbing compound. It's quite effective.

You can get it at 3M - Balaji Enterprises(Alwarpet,Chennai). The place is quite close to Ethiraj Kalyana Mandapam.

EDIT:

Sorry, just realised that you are based out of Bangalore. I think you should be able to get this compound in a 3M Wholesale dealer shop in Bangalore as well.

Last edited:
Guys, I am thinking about changing the exhaust for better sound.. I have read in different places that freeflow sort of exhausts are not so useful in diesel cars as the sound wont change much or it will start giving grunting like noises. Plus, Changing the airfilter will change the engine noise?

And, how long should one wait for before starting to tinker with the engines. Should I leave the engine to set or something. I really want to tune my car. But no idea where to start from..

Buddy make sure, changing the OEM parts may not affect the warranty of the car.

If not, let me know about the tuning[;)]

Thread Starter #44
Yeah. I think this will void the warranty.

For tuning, I think I can get tuner boxes from Race Dynamics or Pete's. But not in the near future. I will take a step at a time. [:)].

Priority now is a set of alloys. Saving up for that. Out of the blue I bought the seat covers. [glasses]. So, savings are down by 5k. hehe.

I will probably ask around in the Technical Zone in TAI for more info. I am thinking about getting some TAI stickers [;)]

Priority now is a set of alloys. Saving up for that. Out of the blue I bought the seat covers. [glasses]. So, savings are down by 5k. hehe.

I will probably ask around in the Technical Zone in TAI for more info. I am thinking about getting some TAI stickers [;)]

Even I'll go for Alloys soon.. I think, you will install the alloys first. Install dark alloys for your Vista.. It will look good.

For stickers, TAI is going to release new stickers soon.. I'm also waiting to get one. we will get new stickers soon & will paste it on our Vista rear Bumpers[thumbsup]

Top Bottom