Tata Indica Vista VX Ownership Review

Congrats Buddy on buying Vista Vx. I also own silver colour Vista Vx and has completed 7000kms. i still have my previous car a Vista Aura Safire, i really love this car. Vista Vx is a great improvement over its terra, aqua and aura variants.

Will write my ownership review on Vista Vx very soon.

Stay in touch.

That's a good car that you have. The color is simply brilliant. [:D]

Few points.
- The interior of the 2011/12 model is much better than the 2008/09 models of the Vista.
- If I am not wrong, TATA's offered 'Brilliant Blue' only on the 90BHP Safire earlier. It's good that they have started offering this in the 74BHP Q'jet as well.
- I don't know why they discontinued the 'Noble Blue'. That as well is a nice color.
- Keep the rear tyres at 30 PSI and front at 32 PSI. I have found these to be most comfortable on my Vista. Anything below 28 is quite low I think.
- Yes, up-shifting should be around 2K to keep the turbo spooling.
- The gear shift is a bit notchy in the pre-2010 versions. Hope they have improved it in the new versions.
- Also, I think they should have had the European style of spacing of the 'TATA' letters. I have seen few cars having this style. But looks like they have gone back to the conventional fonts.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Took the car for the second service today. Just after reaching the service station somebody scratched the rear left door. [cry] I was 200% sure it was not there in the morning..

The service engineer garunteed he would fix it.. I was happy that he voluntarily said he would fix it for free. In the evening when I got my car back there were three more scratches on the hood of the car.. [cry] again..

He immediately got some guy there to fix that. but one of the scratches on the hood is one were the paint itself is gone. The guy tried his best but couldn't fix that one scratch.

Anybody else had any similar experience with a Tata service centre. I have consistently encountered this before. They never care for the car.

After service she feels a little peppy. I put in two tone seat covers as well. Beige-Black ones. Will post pics soon.

After service she feels a little peppy. I put in two tone seat covers as well. Beige-Black ones. Will post pics soon.

Sad to hear about the scratch.. I guess rubbing polish may help you to clean the scratch..

Here I've two questions:

What they have done in second service?..

How much the seat cover costs you?

Awaiting for the Pics [:)]

Congratulations for owning the new Vista.

That was a nice review.

Regarding headlights, try setting the position to level 0. You should get sufficient throw.

New Vista is generations ahead from old Indica.

I wanted to buy a Safari but backed out due to the perception about poor build quality and then opted for Manza.

Anybody else had any similar experience with a Tata service centre. I have consistently encountered this before. They never care for the car.
This is one sole problem why people stay away from TATA's their after sales service attitude is pathetic,and surprisingly it's the same across the country.
I would request you to take up this matter to the higher up's till they remove the scratch or repaint it.

Thread Starter #25
What they have done in second service?..

How much the seat cover costs you?
They cleaned the airfilter, topped up the fluids and did the normal washing and things. They have adjusted the clutch just a bit I think, it feels different, Not sure though.

Seat covers costed me Rs. 5,300/- . The guy said its leather, but I never believed him. Its a mix I guess, feels comfortable. I have attached the pics. His dealings were good.

Regarding headlights, try setting the position to level 0. You should get sufficient throw.
I will try that. Thanks. I think its already in level 0, but I will reconfirm on that.

I wanted to buy a Safari but backed out due to the perception about poor build quality and then opted for Manza.
Safari is one of my favourites. Its a very good SUV, but yes the image Tata has with quality is a bit of a problem. I think they are getting better though.

I would request you to take up this matter to the higher up's till they remove the scratch or repaint it.
I know, I have done this a couple of times for my Old safari. A couple of days after the mail, they will come take the car, fix it and give it back along with a complimentary umbrella [:P] I got two umbrellas like that.

But they never change. It'll always be like I guess.. Sad state for a company with very good potential, ruined by the services rendered by their dealerships.

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
The brand is a local one. He did not say a name. At the time I wasn't looking for a branded one anyway.. This costed me about Rs 5300. This was one of those on the spur of the moment kind of decisions. Hehe I admit I should have done a bit of thinking at first. But it looks great and feels good. I will be going to trivandrum coming friday. I will come back with the comfort feel of the covers on a long run.

Thread Starter #29
Truth is I didnt even ask the guy about those. I was fully immersed in work while talking to him. My bad. No warranty I guess. Now when I think about it, I should have asked him. Hmm. As I said 'on the spur of the moment' descision.

Truth is I didnt even ask the guy about those. I was fully immersed in work while talking to him. My bad. No warranty I guess. Now when I think about it, I should have asked him. Hmm. As I said 'on the spur of the moment' descision.

You have done what your heart says.. The fitting is really perfect as like you said..

For me my seat covers cost Rs.6700(including Fitting charge) Dolphin brand in Chennai..

Add Neck pillows on driver & co-driver seat.. It will give you more comfort for highway run..

BTW you can check the seat cover company name on the backside of driver & co-driver..
DSC02088.jpg

Top Bottom