Tata Indica Vista: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Tata Indica Vista VX 2011 - Ownership Issues

VISTA VX model comes with Immmobilizer & I can able to see immobilizer symbol in my Vista's Instrumental Panel.

@pancholi_kaushal : Is your problem with Immmobilizer has rectified?

Hello all,

I had previously posted this post in the introduction section, posting it here again as advised by Vishwas..

I have vista vx which is due for its 3 free service, I would like to know a good TASS and SA in Bangalore?

Got previous 2 service from concord motors (first one..diary circle and second one in hosur road). The service was not that great.

I had some issues like
- difficulty in opening the boot with keys ( I could open it only through the remote lever, and not with the keys)
- A/C stopped working while I was traveling from palakkad to Bangalore ( I kept switching A/C off and on.. and it started working after few minutes.. it happened only once before the 1 service) Reported this to SA during first service.

Both the problems were not solved in first service.
For the first one, solution found was lubricating the hinges/lock pad. (it is still difficult to open, I can live with it).
For the A/C issue, root cause identified was the expansion valve, and had been rectified.

The second problem reappeared while driving from palakkad to Bangalore ( This problem seems to be occurring only when I am driving from back from palakkad :( ).. switched the A/C off and on a couple of times, and then it starts working.

The A/C issue was again highlighted during the 2 service (went to concord in hosur road)
The car was kept in the service center for 2 days ( this problem is not reproducible.. happened only twice and that too in a long drive).. root cause diagnosed this time was a faulty thermocouple.. I have no clue if the issue is really solved.. only few more long drives will tell..

The problem with second service was the way my bull was handled. During the test drive, the SA ripped the car. I never go past 2000~2300 rpm in the tacho, but during the test drive SA touched a record of 3500+.

Was not really happy, even though SA tried convincing me that ever thing has been taken care of, for a better feedback.

2 observation after the second service,
- The mileage had dropped down ( got only 16kmpl, while i always used to get 19+..100% highway driving)
- while engaging clutch to change gear, I had observed that the engine r.p.m (tacho is above 1200 r.p.m)is not immediately coming down. As a result there is light jerk as soon as I release the clutch.. I had not observed this till the second service. I am not sure if this is good or bad for the clutch and other mechanical parts..

(I was wondering if E.C.U adaptive learning has something to do with this.. after touching r.p.m of 3500+ the ecu would be tuned for more power)

Has anyone got similar experience?

Also if anyone has a experienced good tata service in bangalore, please let me know (SA as well)..

Regards,
Rohit

Concorde is the best TASS in Bangalore. Did you get it serviced at Silk Board unit or Kudlu Gate?

You can also try Prerana , Kudlu Gate , ask for SA Sunil Kumar.

Do let us know how it goes

@rohit,

Regarding the rpm hovering at 1200 rpm, I think therz a mechanical adjustment for throttle regulation. May be they have just tinkered with it. 1200 is a bit high, Idling RPM at 1000 is sufficient.

@ Anshuman
Thankyou for providing the info.. i had got it service near concord silk board junction. shall update you after the 3rd service.

@navnit,
there is no problem with the idling speed, it is close ~800. The problem is when clutch is engaged to chage gear on the run, the r.p.m should have dropped to idiling speed. This is not happening after 2 service(of course if the clutch is engaged for a longer, the r.p.m does fall to idling speed).

In a multijet engine, ECU governs the idling speed, and to some extent fuel effiency. I have heard that, ECU learns the driving habit (adaptive learning) and store certain parameter in the memory. This parameter is erased (reset) when battery is disconnected. ECU relearns in few tens of k.m of drive. Now during 2nd service the battery was disconnected(I know this, as the clock was not measuring the correct time when I took the delivery). On test drive after reconnecting, the guy would have revved the engine hard.

Anyways, I will reset and see if there is any improvement.

OK, that is good.

Is that your car pic in your avatar? Please post some pics, as alloys look nice.

Hello Friends,
I recently got my bull 3rd free service. Below is my brief experience.

I had been abroad for couple of months, had dropped my car at my parents place in Hyderabad. I had asked my dad to start it occasionally, disconnect the battery negative terminal while not in use for a longer period. Hope that the issue I had faced ( occasional dying of engine during downshift, R.P.M not falling to ideal value while up shifting) would be resolved on resetting the E.C.U (disconnecting the battery).

I went to Hyderabad on 28 June. Saw my bull exactly after 6 months. She had gathered lots of dust. Gave her a good wash, topped nitrogen and fuel. Next day I would be of to Bangalore.

The drive to Bangalore was fantastic. The road after shamshabad to Devanahalli is 4 lane throughout. The average speed I was clocking in was around 90kmph. Found the most of the fellow road-mates (including the trucks) have good road sense. Covered a distance of 620 Kms in roughly 9hrs, with 2 breaks. I faced one problem though, on approaching kurnool, I had to slow down to maneuver a road block( lots of road blocker as one approaches a junction that leads to a town), the engine died, as a result the steering went hard and found it difficult control the car. Luckily I had attained low speeds. But this reminded me of the issue I was facing after 2 service, this was not resolved with disconnecting the battery.

Took an appointment from Concord motors (silk board junction). Met SA Mr.Sunder, briefed him about the issue (mentioned above is the only issue I had faced).Since I wanted the car by afternoon, I decided to stay back in service center.
Following was done for 3rd service.
- oil change ( went with synthetic oil)
- air filter change ( did it though it was required at 20000 Kms)
- wheel balancing
- general checkup
E.C.U code reader was connected to O.B.D connector to check for error code. An error code "P0704" popped up. The code meant clutch switch is shorted to ground. Clutch was engaged and released, but the E.C.U kept reading the clutch as depressed. Electrical continuity of complete circuit was checked, found no issue. The clutch switch had gone kaput. Replace the part under warranty.

Went for a test drive with SA. Drove in a B2B traffic. Got lot of opportunity to up/down shift. The issue seem to be resolved.

Noticed that the SA these days give close attention to all our queries. TATA seem to be seriously considering the feedback that is given by customer, improving their quality of service. Frequent visit to solve same issue might be a thing in the past.

Next thing to be done is to check mileage. I was told that there could have been a marginal reduction in mileage due to the faulty clutch switch. Will come to know in coming days.

Hi rohit.parakkal,

Thanks for sharing the comprehensive service details. Do start up a new thread of your car in Ownership Reviews section, so that we all can have a look at your tastefully modified Vista (Yeah, i am drooling over that wheel design in your profile pic :wink:).

@ Rohit, thanks for sharing the information.

Can you please update on your 3rd Service bill break up.

What does your car manual say? Does it say that the car comes with the immobilizer?
hi Roadracer,
thanks for taking interest in my problem, my cars manual said that my car is having Engine Immobilizer and it should blink once per second. i drove to Cargo motors and they said it is a software problem, they rectified my problem in approx 10 mins. happy to see cargo motors peoples approach to my problem.
now its about 6700km done with my vista vx, found some minor problems ( common as well) like some noise from front wheel/suspension while moving on rough road. again that problem is effectively removed by tata people[clap].
at present my clutch is feeling little hard, not that much but little hard compared to new car, planning to bring car to showroom in short period.

VISTA VX model comes with Immmobilizer & I can able to see immobilizer symbol in my Vista's Instrumental Panel.

@pancholi_kaushal : Is your problem with Immmobilizer has rectified?
@appu,
Yes my friend, my problem with Immobilizer is rectified[clap]

hi Roadracer,
thanks for taking interest in my problem, my cars manual said that my car is having Engine Immobilizer and it should blink once per second. i drove to Cargo motors and they said it is a software problem, they rectified my problem in approx 10 mins. happy to see cargo motors peoples approach to my problem.
now its about 6700km done with my vista vx, found some minor problems ( common as well) like some noise from front wheel/suspension while moving on rough road. again that problem is effectively removed by tata people[clap].
at present my clutch is feeling little hard, not that much but little hard compared to new car, planning to bring car to showroom in short period.
I find the clutch to be quite hard in my Vista Quadrajet as well. Mine is a 2009 model.

Hello Friends,
Need help regarding my Tata Vista VX 2011 model.
I am facing an issue of 'yellow engine light on right side panel' whenever the car jerks or falls in a pit/bump. The yellow light in the panel becomes ON and suddenly my car speed goes down and after some time and try does the speed goes up. But the 'yellow engine sign' doesnt go after that. Also, I have changed 4 lamps on the left side headlight beam in last 6 months. Is there anything short circuit?
I got the car checked today at Tata Motors and they said that there is a problem with the Accelerator and it alongwith the accelerator sensor will have to be replaced and will cost approx 5800 incl labour and taxes.
I want to know what exactly is the problem? Can anyone help me with this? Why is the headlight lamp fusing so much? Why does the yellow engine light appear and sudden de-acceleration happens?
Thanks in advance for your coveted response.

Hello Friends,
Need help regarding my Tata Vista VX 2011 model.
I am facing an issue of 'yellow engine light on right side panel' whenever the car jerks or falls in a pit/bump. The yellow light in the panel becomes ON and suddenly my car speed goes down and after some time and try does the speed goes up. But the 'yellow engine sign' doesnt go after that. Also, I have changed 4 lamps on the left side headlight beam in last 6 months. Is there anything short circuit?
I got the car checked today at Tata Motors and they said that there is a problem with the Accelerator and it alongwith the accelerator sensor will have to be replaced and will cost approx 5800 incl labour and taxes.
I want to know what exactly is the problem? Can anyone help me with this? Why is the headlight lamp fusing so much? Why does the yellow engine light appear and sudden de-acceleration happens?
Thanks in advance for your coveted response.
The answer lies right in your post itself my friend (as marked in bold), do get it serviced in the service centre itself to avoid further complications.

Re: Sound from the front

Iam owning a 2 year old Indica Vista Quadra. Recently I noticed that whenever I make a tight right turn in forward or in reverse gear, a clang sound is heard from the spot somewhere in the middle possibly from the CV joints or drive shaft. This sound is not there whenever Iam driving in straight line on a road.
I went to TASS(Fortune Mootors) located in Thane, Mumbai. The mechanic diagnosed the problem as a Knuckle bearing problem.... IMO knuckle bearing is nothing but wheel bearing. But Iam doubting this diagnosis, as there is a possibility that TASS could be taking me for a ride
To have a second opinion, I took the car to another TASS located in Navi Mumbai, he diagnosed the problem as a ' Transmission issue' or it could be ' ball joint issue'.
Now Iam really confused on the correct diagnosis of this issue, it should not happen that the problem is something else and the solution is other.
I would like to request the members to provide suggestions on what could be the possible causes behind this.
it can be the bear box problem if the sound comes at 10-15kmph speed and like gharrr gharrr gharrrr like a barring sound then it is from gear box barring [frustration]

Top Bottom