Tata Indica Vista: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Tata Indica Vista VX 2011 - Ownership Issues

get the suspension bushes checked.mostly its the sound from suspension on getting on humps
Thank you for the reply next service due is in the month of August i will inform SA.

OT:By the way Yesterday i went to Concorde Motors to check Linea and Safari
The sales man told that Strome has some problem with fuel pump and it will be released to market by next year only.
But the sales team was very pathetic i waited for around 45 mins nobody attented [anger].
when the sales adv came he just gave me the price list and Visiting card he didn't offered me a test drive also.
same fate with Fiat guy also.
this is the reason why they are losing the sale target.
I dont know when the TATA will Learn the things.

Re: indica vista clutch disc worn out by 21000km

ya tried talking with dealer works manager he gave lame excuses as it has hydraulic clutch so even if while driving u keep ur foot on it clutch wears off. but i swear never i keep leg constantly on clutch. my rides are usually long rides so less clutch usage also.he also told that unused vehicle clutch becomes hard so later can wear off easily.i dont have any idea of this.
again after one month got same problem of non return of engaged clutch pedal after shifting.dealer changed master and slave cylinder and hydrauliclines. Problem got solved.but extended warranty rejected for master and slave cylinder though brochure says its covered.Shot an email to customer care tata.Awaiting reply.

Gokul and others in the thread

I really got a laugh after reading the four pages, because one side the cars coming with some problems and other side these stupid service guys are really messing up the cars further and doing all nonsense to the beautiful cars.

It was really annoying to note the issues with a new car which is certainly painful for any body apart from its brand. I have seen all the time people are saying "Yes be glad that TATA people are responding to you, doing this for you, that for you, they are so kind enough to you, you should be glad, you should feel proud of their service" why all this, does they are doing any charity to customers [confused]

Why do we need all this kind of postmortem job ?? Can't we get a vehicle which is new and absolutely runs fine without any problems for at least 2 to 3 years without going to service centers, customer care, regional sales people begging them for replacements all the time. Is this is to be treated as so called reliability, stability ?? and excellent customer service.

This was the only reason, I have opted out the Vista(though It was too good, but A.S.S & my previous experience of Indica V2 pushed me back) from my final buying list last year and gone with Ritz LDI and very happy with my decision, touch wood without a single complaint,problems after finishing 15000km with a wonderful FE of 18+ in city with AC and 22+ on highways with AC.

Excellence means, giving something which is very good and trouble free from the day one and not giving something which looks good, but makes you cry & run from day one !!

I wish TATA attains this excellence very soon !!

Last edited:

again after one month got same problem of non return of engaged clutch pedal after shifting.dealer changed master and slave cylinder and hydrauliclines. Problem got solved.but extended warranty rejected for master and slave cylinder though brochure says its covered.Shot an email to customer care tata.Awaiting reply.
You can simply write a mail to tata management or call them in their toll free number. You will get paid back. Tata has now customer care manager by region by region. Your problems will be resolved soon.

Gokul and others in the thread

I really got a laugh after reading the four pages, because one side the cars coming with some problems and other side these stupid service guys are really messing up the cars further and doing all nonsense to the beautiful cars.

It was really annoying to note the issues with a new car which is certainly painful for any body apart from its brand. I have seen all the time people are saying "Yes be glad that TATA people are responding to you, doing this for you, that for you, they are so kind enough to you, you should be glad, you should feel proud of their service" why all this, does they are doing any charity to customers [confused]

Why do we need all this kind of postmortem job ?? Can't we get a vehicle which is new and absolutely runs fine without any problems for at least 2 to 3 years without going to service centers, customer care, regional sales people begging them for replacements all the time. Is this is to be treated as so called reliability, stability ?? and excellent customer service.

This was the only reason, I have opted out the Vista(though It was too good, but A.S.S & my previous experience of Indica V2 pushed me back) from my final buying list last year and gone with Ritz LDI and very happy with my decision, touch wood without a single complaint,problems after finishing 15000km with a wonderful FE of 18+ in city with AC and 22+ on highways with AC.

Excellence means, giving something which is very good and trouble free from the day one and not giving something which looks good, but makes you cry & run from day one !!

I wish TATA attains this excellence very soon !!
My first tata car indica V2, pushed me to buy more from the same tata stable, man. I bought a marina after that and now a proud owner of Aria.

No need to beg to anybody for warranty claims. Kindly go here, http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/8848-tata-motor-s-cars-ultimate-reliability-survey-8.html. No one has any issue with warranty claim. Dont spread any false info man.

Tata always responding man. I owned 3 cars, i know very well than you.

My car first car was running fine after 4 lakh kilometers. my second car now crossed 1.95 Lakhs and my third car started well, its counting to 3K kms. The first was 2003 manufactured, second was 2005 manufactured. It served me well for these years.

This is the first time i'm hearing stability and reliability on the car based on the service peoples.[frustration]

You have your own logic to buy a maruti man. Do you feel the warranty replacement is simple with them than tata?

My aria giving me 18km/ltr in highways with AC. (I know that all the mileage calculation of my aria and ritz are not needed to this thread and argument)

Last edited:

You can simply write a mail to tata management or call them in their toll free number. You will get paid back. Tata has now customer care manager by region by region. Your problems will be resolved soon.

My first tata car indica V2, pushed me to buy more from the same tata stable, man. I bought a marina after that and now a proud owner of Aria.

Happy to note this. I never said all Indica V2's are bad

No need to beg to anybody for warranty claims. Kindly go here, http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/8848-tata-motor-s-cars-ultimate-reliability-survey-8.html. No one has any issue with warranty claim. Dont spread any false info man.

Yes, warranty claims are easy with TATA. My point is different that if there is not issue with a new vehicle, then no talk of warranty claim[:)] I hope you do not conclude so quickly that it is false/true and I am not here to spread anything

Tata always responding man. I owned 3 cars, i know very well than you.

Might be you know better than me with your usage.

My car first car was running fine after 4 lakh kilometers. my second car now crossed 1.95 Lakhs and my third car started well, its counting to 3K kms. The first was 2003 manufactured, second was 2005 manufactured. It served me well for these years.

This is the first time i'm hearing stability and reliability on the car based on the service peoples.[frustration]

Not based on only service peoples, based on product manufacturing quality which ultimately make you to visit service centers. Hope products are delivered from show rooms and not from service centers

You have your own logic to buy a maruti man. Do you feel the warranty replacement is simple with them than tata?

Though I do not praise Maruti or any other brand, because I simply own one and in my experience was with Maruti never lead me for any warranty claims as there were no issues like that

My aria giving me 18km/ltr in highways with AC. (I know that all the mileage calculation of my aria and ritz are not needed to this thread and argument)
Never think it is an argument, I wrote whatever I feel and you are open to write whatever you feel like[clap]

GOT CALL FROM SERVICE EXECUTIVE TATA service dealer m/s Marina motors saying extended warranty claim is rejected for master cylinder & slave cylinder.its clear violation of whats in the extended warranty brochure.

see whats said in extended warranty brochure
"Parts coverage
Top Engine: Cylinder head and head gasket. oil pump and drive. crankshaft and related bearing and seals. flywheel and ring gear. timing gears. belts and chains. camshaft and related bearing and seals. cam follower. valves (excluding burnt and pitted valves) valve gear. pistons. connecting rod. gudgeon pin. distributor drive. inlet and exhaust manifolds. internal oil seals. bore / liner. turbocharger. inter cooler units where factory fitted. variable geometry turbocharger .EGR cooler .Cam box . Autotensioner. Dual mass flywheel.
Clutch: Clutch pressure plate. clutch disc. release bearing (Any breakdown covered up to 50.000kms in ARIA and 30.000kms in other models) master and slave cylinder. clutch cable (failure due to worn or burnt out clutches are not covered). clutch switch. clutch HP pipe.

Last edited:

GOT CALL FROM SERVICE EXECUTIVE TATA service dealer m/s Marina motors saying extended warranty claim is rejected for master cylinder & slave cylinder.its clear violation of whats in the extended warranty brochure.

see whats said in extended warranty brochure
"Parts coverage
Top Engine: Cylinder head and head gasket. oil pump and drive. crankshaft and related bearing and seals. flywheel and ring gear. timing gears. belts and chains. camshaft and related bearing and seals. cam follower. valves (excluding burnt and pitted valves) valve gear. pistons. connecting rod. gudgeon pin. distributor drive. inlet and exhaust manifolds. internal oil seals. bore / liner. turbocharger. inter cooler units where factory fitted. variable geometry turbocharger .EGR cooler .Cam box . Autotensioner. Dual mass flywheel.
Clutch: Clutch pressure plate. clutch disc. release bearing (Any breakdown covered up to 50.000kms in ARIA and 30.000kms in other models) master and slave cylinder. clutch cable (failure due to worn or burnt out clutches are not covered). clutch switch. clutch HP pipe.
Very Sad to hear this[cry].

Try and talk to the regional TATA people about this, I hope you will get a positive answer

Very Sad to hear this[cry].

Try and talk to the regional TATA people about this, I hope you will get a positive answer
Finally Success got warranty' claim
i forwarded a complaint directly and also through akosha.just now got call from crm service dealer saying my extended warranty is sanctioned.

Last edited:
Sound from the front

Iam owning a 2 year old Indica Vista Quadra. Recently I noticed that whenever I make a tight right turn in forward or in reverse gear, a clang sound is heard from the spot somewhere in the middle possibly from the CV joints or drive shaft. This sound is not there whenever Iam driving in straight line on a road.
I went to TASS(Fortune Mootors) located in Thane, Mumbai. The mechanic diagnosed the problem as a Knuckle bearing problem.... IMO knuckle bearing is nothing but wheel bearing. But Iam doubting this diagnosis, as there is a possibility that TASS could be taking me for a ride
To have a second opinion, I took the car to another TASS located in Navi Mumbai, he diagnosed the problem as a ' Transmission issue' or it could be ' ball joint issue'.
Now Iam really confused on the correct diagnosis of this issue, it should not happen that the problem is something else and the solution is other.
I would like to request the members to provide suggestions on what could be the possible causes behind this.

Re: Sound from the front

does the sound come when you turn the steering full to right (stationery) or it comes when the car is rolling?

Re: Sound from the front

The sound comes only when the car is in motion at around 10-15 KPH. Particularly when the car is turning towards right like in making a U - turn, or reversing with front wheels turned towards right. The sound is coming at some specific times and not always, especially when the car load is transferred on the right wheel.

hello to all,
i am also new to the automotive India. i read all your reviews of tata vista and felt so good that it force me to be member of it.
recently i also own tata vista vx just before 10 days in ahmedabad from cargo motors pvt ltd. i have completed 275kms till date and thanks to god that i do not have such serious problems with my car. today i got noticed that my instrument panel never shows me symbol of engine immobilizer till date. i read manual supplied with car, observe according to it but i do not find any symbol of immobilizer glowing in my car, neither in lock mode or at when i switch key to ignition mode.[surprise]
i contacted to person of tata on phone, he told me to bring car to his showroom/service station, he will fix it up. he said it may be some kind of software problem. now my finger is crossed about it. hope it get rectified smoothly. please share something if you experts are knowing something about this issue

hello to all,
i am also new to the automotive India. i read all your reviews of tata vista and felt so good that it force me to be member of it.
recently i also own tata vista vx just before 10 days in ahmedabad from cargo motors pvt ltd. i have completed 275kms till date and thanks to god that i do not have such serious problems with my car. today i got noticed that my instrument panel never shows me symbol of engine immobilizer till date. i read manual supplied with car, observe according to it but i do not find any symbol of immobilizer glowing in my car, neither in lock mode or at when i switch key to ignition mode.[surprise]
i contacted to person of tata on phone, he told me to bring car to his showroom/service station, he will fix it up. he said it may be some kind of software problem. now my finger is crossed about it. hope it get rectified smoothly. please share something if you experts are knowing something about this issue
What does your car manual say? Does it say that the car comes with the immobilizer?

Top Bottom