Tata Indica Vista TDi Ownership Review

I suggest you do change the engine oil in 2nd servicing. Then follow the manual, to change every 10K KM.
Now a days the oil change interval has been increased by all vehicles. For my Punto, the oil change interval is 15K KM. But i am planning to get it changed in 1st servicing, which is 3K KM.
But why are you unnecessarily changing the oil?
My car has clocked 9K Km (8950 to be precise) Its abt 1.6 yrs old
I don't think the service people have changed the oil.
They are telling me to wait till 15K km so that the engine wears out properly on factory-fill.

They are telling me to wait till 15K km so that the engine wears out properly on factory-fill.
Which car you have?
For Punto, they mentioned 15K KM or 1 year. I don't think, no oil change for 1.6 yrs, will be advisable.

Thread Starter #18
Initial oil changes helps , lubricates piston much. No harm in changing them.

For the vista the 1st oil change is at 10000kms.
Hope we have entered the next level in engineering!

ilango[speed thirst];6977 said:
[shock] [lol]

Get your facts right.

What did you mean by initial oil change ? Did you mean changing oil at early intervals ?

ilango[speed thirst];6977 said:
First of all this above statement of yours indicates"There is no harm in changing the Pistons"

Then i assume you wanted to say "NO harm in changing the oil".

Secondly The Oil in the engine is always meant to lubricate the pistons.So where does changing it help in "lubricating the piston much" ??
The quantity of oil lubricating the piston remains the same from the beginning(unless you piston rings are in bad shape) its just the quality of the oil that changes due to which it is changed & not to "lubricate piston much".

Thirdly Many people get their first oil changed within some thousand kms not to "lubricate piston much" but because there are small metal particles in the engine which are formed during the Engine run in/Ring sealing processes.So changing oil helps in removing those particles.

ilango[speed thirst];6984 said:
yeah exactly.

Am i still following the engineerings books? If yes , univ please update your syallabus. Ha ha

Also TAI members , update me!
And about the above statement of yours,the "Engineering" & "Syllabus" spellings speak for what books you have been following or the study you have been doing.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
HAHA cant control my laughter by your last statements! ok S and A removed.

yeah i mean lubricating every parts , picture ly below the pistons, the connecting rods etc...

So changing them at initial stages in frequent method is good . And i prefer to do them.

So what do you say , am gonna change the engine oil?

I mean , is it not necessary ?

now a days new cars come with synthetic oils which dont require frequent change like mineral oils which is why like 5k oil change is not recommended and its like 10k's and 15k's kms to be driven before oil change.Recommended to change first engine oil at 5000kms and then after every 10000kms.

Recommended to change first engine oil at 5000kms and then after every 10000kms.
+ 1.
After the first change you can follow the manual's 10k,15k,etc.
If you are changing the oil some where else just make sure you put in the right Grade Oil.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
We have a Zen Estilo Vxi (2008) RSM.
The Maruti guys might have changed oil at the 3rd service (I'm Not sure). They say the "running is not adequate for oil change" . [frustration]

Last edited:
ilango[speed thirst];6915 said:
Thanks!
Today 1st service for vista.

Believe me i was shocked to hear that the engine oil will not be changed in first 2 service. It will be changed only on 10000 KMs

immediately i checked the manual and it too said the same.

So why the 1st service?also the 2nd?
I'm surprised. During first service, oil change is must, as there will be many particles in it and will be dirty within that period.

We have a Zen Estilo Vxi (2008) RSM.
The Maruti guys might have changed oil at the 3rd service (I'm Not sure). They say the "running is not adequate for oil change" . [frustration]
I think for Zen, every 6 months/5000km you should change oil. Check your manual.

Thread Starter #27
I also inquired them about the oil they use.

Its 15w grade (diesel ), the same i use for years in mine, is used. they are not synthetic.

So why no change in oil in 1st service? Any new advancement?
i asked them , and they replied they follow TATA instructions only.

2 years back , our Estilo had its oil change at 1st service. The only oil change that i did, after that i sold it.

Thread Starter #28
The car is back after the 2nd service - went according to the due date
they didnt change the engine oil

Both in 1st and 2nd service they just washed the car and gave it back

vista service interval is 10000 kms and they do the same for the tdi engines. The tdi which we have have done only 3000 kms and after this tour it was 4500 kms

2 service have finished and they have still not replaced engine oil - are they trying to spread vista is cheaper to maintain at our cost.

Same tdi engine with same oil grade in marina had its service interval of 7000kms!

Ilango, what is the duration of 2nd servicing.
Generally, the oil change schedule is either some KM or some time period, whichever is earlier.
Like, for Punto, the interval is either 15K KM or 1 Year. In 1 year even if the mileage is < 15K, one must change the oil.
If Vista has 10K ( i think it should be 6 months). You must change the oil.

I will again request you to read the manual, and let us also know, what they have mentioned there.

ilango you said that they washed and gave car back?? don't they tune it/adjust settings of new car after its first service for run in period?

Top Bottom