Tata Indica Vista Headlights Not Aligned

Thread Starter #1
Ihave a problem with my indica vista in high beam i dont get much of the light through ahead of me the beam just falls in front of vehicle i tried the head light adjuster in the light stalk combination switch but not much of use, what s the solution go for 100watts halogen with relay or philips extreme power i dont want to go for hid as its very costly any help

Re: Indica vista head lights not aligned

First check whether your headlamps are aligned properly , ask them to check it while servicing your car next time.

If still not satisfied , you can go for 55W Philips Extreme power , heard they are better than the stock ones.

100W BULBS ARE ILLEGAL! Please do go for them , it becomes very uncomfortable for the vehicle coming in the opposite direction.

Does anyone know a good shop for doing the focussing/alignment of headlamps on the Indica Vista? I am based out of Chennai. I tried Murugan accessories in T.Nagar but that guy said that some alignment screw is gone and will need to be replaced. Took it to T.A.S.S but T.A.S.S are clueless!

Thread Starter #5

Does anyone know a good shop for doing the focussing/alignment of headlamps on the Indica Vista? I am based out of Chennai. I tried Murugan accessories in T.Nagar but that guy said that some alignment screw is gone and will need to be replaced. Took it to T.A.S.S but T.A.S.S are clueless!
i also had same problem but mine was i couldnt get a proper high beam so was dangerous for night highway rides. Changed over to 80w high beam alone with ceramic holder with relay roots. now problem is solved.is your car new vista with double barrel type headlights or old type like mine. not much use on aligning old type headlamps.just change high beam alone so you can use the low beam in case the high beam gets fried up

i also had same problem but mine was i couldnt get a proper high beam so was dangerous for night highway rides. Changed over to 80w high beam alone with ceramic holder with relay roots. now problem is solved.is your car new vista with double barrel type headlights or old type like mine. not much use on aligning old type headlamps.just change high beam alone so you can use the low beam in case the high beam gets fried up
Mine is 2009 model. It's quite similar to Fiesta classic's. So, there is a bulb for high beam and another bulb for low beam. I already did an upgrade to Philips 100/90 but the alignment/focussing is terrible.

Thread Starter #7

Mine is 2009 model. It's quite similar to Fiesta classic's. So, there is a bulb for high beam and another bulb for low beam. I already did an upgrade to Philips 100/90 but the alignment/focussing is terrible.
Just check whether your headlamp levelling motorised switch/ motor is working ,most times the motor / switch conks off in tata vehicles due to poor quality.

Just check whether your headlamp levelling motorised switch/ motor is working ,most times the motor / switch conks off in tata vehicles due to poor quality.
It does work. However I did the upgrade about 15 months back and wondering whether the set-up was screwed as part of that upgrade. I do night-driving quite rarely but whenever I go for night-driving it's a pain. Driving in the city is still okay as we do not have city lights.

Hello All,

I'm in the same boat of lighting issues with the vista! Some browsing in the internet led me to get to know that these double barrel headlamps uses H1 for low-beams and H7 for high-beams and also read that we can upgrade to 90w H7 lamps without changing the stock relay, can anybody shed light on this?

Or is it better to add auxiliary lamps??

Hello All,

I'm in the same boat of lighting issues with the vista! Some browsing in the internet led me to get to know that these double barrel headlamps uses H1 for low-beams and H7 for high-beams and also read that we can upgrade to 90w H7 lamps without changing the stock relay, can anybody shed light on this?

Aux lamps will be better anyday. They work great as high beams assists and you can go for higher wattage halogens without worrying about frying up the reflectors. Since yours is a dual barrel setup, low beams with aux lamps placed on lower air dam will be more than enough for night driving.

Relay is recommended if you are getting anything with higher than stock wattage. Relay will improve the performance of the bulb, or at least make it perform at 100% always.

Thread Starter #11
Hello All,

i had changed over to 80w high beam alone with ceramic type with relay it comes as a set dont remember the company i think it is roots or hella.

high beam light through of vista is very poor in mine case i want to upgrade the high beam with good light through any suggestion from members ?

Aux lamps will be better anyday. They work great as high beams assists and you can go for higher wattage halogens without worrying about frying up the reflectors. Since yours is a dual barrel setup, low beams with aux lamps placed on lower air dam will be more than enough for night driving.

Relay is recommended if you are getting anything with higher than stock wattage. Relay will improve the performance of the bulb, or at least make it perform at 100% always.
i had changed over to 80w high beam alone with ceramic type with relay it comes as a set dont remember the company i think it is roots or hella.
Thanks for the suggestions people, so if it is 80w bulbs, could you please share the examples? Do we get Philips H7 in 80W spec? Friends suggested Philips xtreme vision, but when I see that in ebay, the wattage specs shows 55W, :help::please:

Thanks for the suggestions people, so if it is 80w bulbs, could you please share the examples? Do we get Philips H7 in 80W spec? Friends suggested Philips xtreme vision, but when I see that in ebay, the wattage specs shows 55W, :help::please:
Yes, Xtreme Vision is 55w only as it is a direct plug-n-play replacement, no special wiring needed.

Top Bottom