Tata Indica V2: Technical Problems & Solutions

Re: Tata Indica V2 DLS - List of Problems. Help Required!

hello TAI's i had a few douts about engine back pump issue is it major issue to diesel n petrol engines resently i was planed to buy used car so i has visited drcars hyderabad (used car dealer) they provide clear and clean information on cars condition they sold but mostly 90% tata cars (specially indica/indigo family cars) sold in drcars had a remark of back pump and tappet noise issue so is it major issue and how can we solve that issue please suggest me?

Dear All,
I am also facing a problem with my Indica.

My car is 2005 model indica DLG V2, diesel. hit 174000 kms.
when i accelerate suddenly my car in 1st or 2nd gear, it gives some noise (Gharrrrrr) come from driver side Excel or Tyre i don't sure where to come this noise, if i put my car in 1st gear and then press break pedal and then release the clutch the noise is coming continuously and car engine did not stop. but i think if i put break the car engine will off immediately.

So is it clutch plate problem or its excel wear out.

dear experts please reply your kind suggestions as soon as possible.

regards

@ Srikanth ---- sorry for the late reply.

1. The Car's wheel alignment is off almost everytime. It pulls to left or right as it wishes. I know well that Indica needs frequent alignment when compared to other cars in its segment. But i heard that it has to be done once in 5000 kms strictly. But we found that if we take it to Terrains or bumpy roads, its alignment is gone. Please suggest what can be done for this issue.?

Reply1: I am not aware of this issue. My car 2001 DLS has covered 1, 60, 000kms mostly on highways. It has even been over bumpy roads. I usually go for alignment every 7500-10000kms. Since 13 years, no issues yet.
Solution1: Check your suspension bushes, suspension ends.

2. Another big head ache with this car is its pick up. Usually Indica is under powered with A/C. But this car has very low pick up even without A/C with five persons. It moves like a snail in the highways and i need to stand up in the accelerator during sudden pick ups. Its Air filter was changed four times as its recommended to change every 40,000 kms. We found that engine's smoke was normal. Suggestions are most welcome for this issue.

Reply 2:I also had the same issue.
Soultion2: All I did was, I got rid of the Catalytic converter. I checked my pollution levels without the CAT-CON and found it to be quite satisfactory. Removal of Catalytic converter did give some boost to the pick-up. Also, I made a minor overhauling of the Alternator at a reputed Car-electrical mechanic. That too bumped up the pick-up. Adding additives with engine oil and diesel also helped. IMO, getting rid of the Cat-Con made the biggest difference. Its hard to believe for an Indica owner, but I drive at crawling speeds with my AC on. There is no lack of power and my car pulls just like any other car. [clap]

3. Another issue is water leakage inside the doors. During a rainy day, we found that rain water was leaking through the door beeding at driver's door. Hope TATA is teaching to harvest rain water. We felt ashamed with this issue, as five of them was there in the car and after a big struggle, those water was drained. During rainy days, also Horn does not function properly. Door beedings was changed only few months back.

Reply3.1: I have never faced water seepage issue, until I had a minor accident with a passing truck. It brushed my Front LHS door. No major damage but it did disturb the original factory alignment. Since that day, whenever it poured down, I found a water inside the cabin.

Solution3.1: First got the rubber beading checked and it turned out to be fine. The mechanic said that rubber beadings on the doors are major culprit for water seepage into the cabin. Next, got the door dented and aligned. The accident had made few bends in the metal. The bends had tiny pockets that tend to hold rain water and also made a passage for water to enter the cabin. With alignment and denting, now zero water inside cabin.

Reply3.2 My 2001 Indica and 2012 City both had OEM horns fitted right behind the front bumper. The placement of the horn is too low in both the cases. During rains, they are badly hit by water from traffic ahead of you and due to splashes made by the car itself. This is a design flaw IMO.
Soultion3.2: Couldn't fiddle with 2012 City as it could void my warranty. For Indica, I placed it on the top, just under the wiper motor. The key is to place the horn at a higher level, say near the main bolt that holds the from bumper or just behind the headlight.

4. Finally its regarding the formation of Rust at front doors. Its rusted below the window's beeding. Can we give a touch up for this one.?
Your suggestions would me more helpful for us.

Reply4: Its been 13 years. Not a single door has rusting issues.[clap]
I apply used engine oil for all the doors once in a month on the edges of every door. It is not just for Indica owners rather for all car owners who would like to keep their doors rust-free for years. I will gather dirt, but wont have any rusting issue. Dirt can be cleaned easily, but rust is like cancer.

Last edited:
indica turbo take to much time to reach operating temperature

one of mine friend got a 2010 model indica turbo before 2 days we are going for a trip 100km(one side) trip.during i notice that car temperature gauge is not reaching at operating temperature after 20km[surprise]after 40km operating temperature was ok [confused].he fill coolant without water mixing few days ago.one he notice coolant leaking from bottom side of engine bay.but due to some urgent work he didn't go for checkup.he also notice a belt notice like kekekekekeke during first start in morning but sound disappeared after pressing the accelerate 8-10 times

Last edited:

i m planning to buy a 2010 tata indica dls around rs 45000. km - 40000
what parts should i change after buying the car.

i don't think that you can get 2010 indica dls in 45000
i would recommend to change all filters like air filter diesel filter check brake pads and all fluids.egr cleaning is must

he is selling at rs 45000.The car is properly maintained and some minor accident in the bumper, called a good mechanic and have done a compression test and it passed. suspension and shock absorbers are in good condition. tomorrow i am going to buy a car.

Last edited by a moderator:

he is selling at rs 45000.The car is properly maintained and some minor accident in the bumper.. called a good mechanic and have done a compression test and it passed..... suspension and shock absorbers are in good condition. tomorrow i am going to buy a car...
Hey Saurav, the best option is to take it to TASS and get a general check up done and they will advise you the areas where repair/replacement is required. So how much was the deal finalized for?[:)]

Repair Indica DLG

Hi Experts,

I need help for Repairing my car Indica DLG,
Mechanic telling that there is a Problem with turbo here oil leaking to turbo charging and he repaired the engine head fully he is telling engine head perfectly good only we need to change turbo or we should black the turbo if this is the case
1) if we block the turbo what problems will occurs...?
2) is it really problem with turbo for oil leak ? if not what will be the problem and give me the solution also please
3)if i need to buy turbo what will be the price approximately in bangalore (karnataka)

Re: Repair Indica DLG

Hi Experts,

Mechanic telling that there is a Problem with turbo here oil leaking to turbo charging and he repaired the engine head fully he is telling engine head perfectly good only we need to change turbo or we should black the turbo if this is the case
2) is it really problem with turbo for oil leak ? if not what will be the problem and give me the solution also please
3)if i need to buy turbo what will be the price approximately in bangalore (karnataka)
If there is a oil leakage, then its turbo culprit. I don't know about the blockage of turbo. The new one cost about 10 to 13k here in chennai. Before that check with the other mechanics. You may get some idea about it and price.

Hi Experts,

Hi. ,
We are here to help you out.
Without turbo car will have 50 to 60% of power and no high end torque will be available.
Coming to head., what head problems where there?
Did the mechanic changed new head gasket?
Just to know where engine is in good condition, compulsory do a compression test.,
It must be all same compression in four cylinders. If not head or bottom end problems would leak oil into exhaust and make into turbo and fill turbo with oil.
If every things goes well.
Keep finger over intake fins over the turbo and see whether any shake is there. If yes ! Change a new turbo which will be good option.
Make sure you get turbo with a new vaccum pully. With it.

Also make 100% sure compression is good. Then changing turbo will be a wrong option.

Ill keep in touch , please forward the compression values.
Be near when mech does it and he does not lie that its all good.

Also make sure injectors are cleaned.

Need some help regarding my Indica Turbo problem

Hey auto friends i need your help to find out my car problems

I had Indica turbo recently car started facing some issue after running few kms(around 20+) its engines gets stops whenever sudden slows cars speed or changes to lower gears or upper gears or wantedly if i stops my engine its doesnt started again i should wait for 10 to 20mins after thats its normaly and acts like healthy car but dont know whats exact problem with my car everything was working fine like engine oil ,coolent and radiator fan all are working please give me some suggestions

Need some help regarding my Indica Turbo problem

Hey auto friends i need your help to find out my car problems

I had Indica turbo recently car started facing some issue after running few kms(around 20+) its engines gets stops whenever sudden slows cars speed or changes to lower gears or upper gears or wantedly if i stops my engine its doesnt started again i should wait for 10 to 20mins after thats its normaly and acts like healthy car but dont know whats exact problem with my car everything was working fine like engine oil ,coolent and radiator fan all are working please give me some suggestions
It seemes like fuel delivery problem , how does the car start at mornings?
Clean injectors if possible

Top Bottom