Tata Indica V2 DLS 1,00,000 Kms Review

Thread Starter #17
REVIEW CONTINUATION:

After got new tyres from pondy, we went to chennai after two days, near to G.P.road we brought alloys for 11K.

I felt the steering very free, believe me i reached my home from poonthamally exactly at 1 hr 18mins. that was the fantastic trip to chennai.

Around 62k kms, one morning we planned to go to thirupathi ,so we started the car, but the car not started. we tried so many times. later we pushed the car on road and started the car.

left the car in ideling for few mins and restarted again, the car started in a single crank. we thought that is battery problem. then,we gone to thirupathi and reached home at mid night.

During the full trip Blacky started in a single crank.

next day morning, i started the car it didn't start like previous day morning.
again we pushed and started , then went to our electrition and checked the battery. the battery was in good condition.

Then went to my mechanic to know the problem, after some research he found that is HEATER PLUG PROBLEM,(As a mechanic he should the know fault, but he checked other parts except heater plug, after some research only he found the problem).

then Changed the HEATER PLUG SET(4) costs Rs.800

After changing the plug , i not faced any problem in Starting.

around 70K kms,

Blacky got struggled to uphill, Blacky just turn off when climbing the hill. we don't know what happened.

for sudden accelerate also the car gets shutdown again we need to start and accelerate slowly, then only car can able to move forward.

one time at spencers, i'm unable to up the slope also, the engine gets shutdown and i need to start again. it happen 4-5 times to climb a small slope.

Again same Mechanic[anger]. after one day research he found the problem was with DIESEL PUMP.

on next day he removed the pump from engine and gave to me. in between we enquired some of our family friends and some mechanic regarding the problem, they suggested one shop in G.P road(forgot the name of the shop). I came to chennai by train.
and gave the pump, he asked three days time for his work. so i went after 3days the pump was ready.

he charged Rs.14,000 for pump service.

then the mechanic fixed the pump in engine and said the pickup and mileage will be good. As like he said i felt some improvement in mileage and pickup[clap]

Mechanic charged 4k, for his work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Indica looks fabulous. It has got nice set of alloys too.
Let us have a look of interiors also.
How about the Red NE in between.

Thread Starter #19
Black Indica looks fabulous. It has got nice set of alloys too.
Let us have a look of interiors also.
How about the Red NE in between.

thanks for your comment,

The red NE is my first car presented by my dad, for learning purpose. fantastic and my favorite car to............... [:D][:D]

Thread Starter #21
@ powerpacked

No, we sold it before buying this Blacky.[lol]

But the memories are still in my heart[;)].

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have faced only minor niggles which are always common with most TATA cars. If you have a good trusty mechanic who can service TATA cars are the best , made for our Indian roads!

OT: Please limit the usage of smileys to only 2 per post , mods may charge you.[rules]

Thread Starter #27
The Photos, what i've posted is old one, it was taken before 90K km.

I changed New Headlights, Fog lamp & Number plate.

IMO the look of my Blacky is Improved after changing the mentioned things.

I'll update the latest Blacky pic on this week end.

Thread Starter #28
After the pump service, i felt some improvement in pickup and mileage...

around 78K,

The Break booster got problem, the car not stopped while breaking. if i press the break 2-3 times only the car will stop.

Mechanic said to change the booster, but the booster is not available at VIJAY SALES CORP.(TATA DEALER,Vellore). Mech. said to wait for a week.

Due to health issue for my grandma, we need to go to pondy Jipmer hospital. even though the booster got failed, we traveled to pondy in my car and returned to vellore without any problem.

after an week we got booster with stem. It costs around 8k.

mechanic service charge 2k.

At 82K km,

First gear not engaged sometimes, i used to move the car in 2nd gear. sometimes in slope the car not climbed in 2nd gear & it will get shutdown.

this problem irritates me a lot.[evil]

I left the car in garage and gone to chennai for my work. returned after one week and visited the garage, the car standing in the same position where i left. i asked the mechanic, he said due to heavy work he unable to work with blacky & asked one week time.so again i gone to chennai.

2nd weekend i came to vellore and asked the position of car to my dad, due to busy work he was unable to visit garage. i thought the work may be completed, so i left my bike at home itself and gone to garage to take my car to home.

But, the car standing in same position.

i got tensed and asked the mechanic, he said due to shortage of man power he's unable to work with my car. i don't know what to do. so i returned to home.

on third week end, i gone to garage same position.... BP(blood pressure) got increased to me to see my blacky with full of dust. but doesn't show anything to mechanic and asked the status. he said he is going to start the work on that day. so i gone to home.

4th week end.
gone to garage.. the car is full of dust, i never seen my car on that condition.
the front tyres are removed, car is standing with the help of hydralic jack. bonnet opened and the battery got removed.but no work has done. i got tensed and asked the labor to fix the wheel & battery.
labor done his job, i gave him 50rs. and decided to take the car to home.

To my surprise the car got started in one crank. i gone to home and informed to dad.

the problem has not rectified. we decided to change the mechanic.

we gone to TATA DEALER vellore and left the car. after two days i received the call from VIJAY SALES. that my car was ready. i gone to VIJAY SALES with full of happy to receive my car.

they gave the bill of 17k. for gear box re assemble.

i got scared after hearing that much huge amount.[lol]

then we paid and took the car to home.now the gear box is smooth when compared to previous.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Wasn’t it scary to drive that much in spite of knowing that the brakes of your car were not functioning all right?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom