Tata Indica V2 DLS 1,00,000 Kms Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends, This is my first review, My dad brought this car for me in 2006 from his friend(he gone to on site so sold the car)

My car
Make - TATA
Model - Indica V2(DLS)
Year - 2004
Colour - BLACK

when we brought this car, it clocked 14k, the car not even crossed chennai border. the car is well maintained. My dad friend used this car for office purpose only. In 2006, we searched car to buy, previously we own 118NE(my favorite) that is the fantastic car(PETROL) we enjoyed in that car as much as possible. Due to spares and maintainance issue we sold that fantastic car. [frustration]

Coming to the point, As i said, we came to know about my dad friend decision so we(me & my dad)came to chennai, brought this Blacky for some good amount. Previously i not drove power steering car, believe me i took this car without any jerk in first time but i got nervous to drive this new(for ME) car in chennai traffic(Saturday Evening). previously i drove 118NE in chennai traffic more than 5 times. but i don't know why i got nervous. But, succesfully i reached poonthamalle at 10.30pm & had dinner in MECCA Motel near S.Chathiram. & reached home around 2:00am next day.

My sister & Mom seen the car first time and my mom took ARTHI to our car[;)]. that day i didn't sleep because of happy. Around 8:00am we gone to Senbakkam Vinayakar temple for pooja then reached home.

EXTERIOUR:
1. Stock tyres,
2.No allyos,
3.Black tink,
4.Fog lamps.

Interiour:
1.Grey colour seat covers,
2.Poineer MP3 Player,
3.Poineer Speakers on rear
4.Poineer teweeter in front.

Condition:
1.A/C is in Good condition,
2.Tyres are fine
3.Rear two dents on boot door.

we took the car to our previous mechanic and done service(general check-up) and changed oil,oil filter, air filter & checked brakes,etc,
total cost 4k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Tata Indica 1,00,000 Kms Ownership Review

upto 48k the blacky not gave much problem & i maintained it perfectly.
we spend only for oil services regularly at the interval of 8k kms.
Blacky gave 18kmpl upto 48,000km.

Around 48k km, we faced some noise in front suspension on every hood. my mechanic said "it is a time to change the suspension" so we changed
1. front and rear shock absorbers,
2.ball joints.
totally it came to 12k

we thought the problem is over, but that time we don't know that is the starting problem.[frustration]

around 55k km, all the tyres reached the end of its life,

So, we discussed with our family friend (who is a lorry tyre dealer in vellore). he suggested pondy AJANTHA TYRES for cheap rate,

As we frequently go to Cuddalore(Grand ma house) & Pondy(Cousin house), we decided to buy the tyres at pondy ,

4 BRIDGESTONE R13 size Tyres+Tubes - 10,000.
for Balancing we paid - 400.

fitting is free....

that is really less than Vellore.[evil]

Re: Tata Indica 1,00,000 Kms Ownership Review

Hey Appu,
Happy to hear that u have covered 1lac kms with INDICA. The true Indian Car.
We have reached up to 55k kms as of now. Do let us know what happened thereafter.
Please keep posting along with some photos of your black beauty.

Thread Starter #7
APPOLOGY for not updating any pics till now[cry]

Actually i kept my laptop in my home last week end, i'm writing this review from my office,

I'll update some of my car pics from facebook and orkut profile this eveing and continue the writing...[drive]

congrats buddy..indica already has habit of clocking over lakh kms so this must be easy. yeah waiting for some pics of your blacky now!

Congratulations buddy and yeah where are the pictures? Also do please mention what were the other issues you faced after 55k till 1L KMS.

Thread Starter #10
I upload some of the old photos of my car, ......

I'll upload current PHOTO VERY SOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN[:D][:D]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly!!! Many used to feel something very sentimental about Black.
Do post the things happened after 55K of run. [:)]

Top Bottom