Tata Indica V2 DLS 1,00,000 Kms Review

Thread Starter #31
Wasn’t it scary to drive that much in spite of knowing that the brakes of your car were not functioning all right?

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes, the brakes are not functioned properly, if i want to stop the car, i need to pump the break upto 2-3 times. then only the car comes to sudden halt.

on that day, we have no other option to travel except my car. i drove the car around 50-60km speed only.

i used lower gear to reduced the speed in between i started to pump the break pedal.

but, that trip was thrilling & memorable trip.[:D]

Thread Starter #32
Around 87k km(turning point in Blacky's life),

I noticed the coolant water in tank was reduced regularly. i started to top up in daily basis.

One day i started my car and opened the coolant tank, got scared the water is jumping out from tank and water reduced very fast from coolant tank.

this time i not went to TATA motors, i just checked with neighbor(he is a mechanic).
he said he need to check, so he took my car to his garage and opened the head of the engine and said the head needs to surface.

so we said OK. then he took 3 days for his work. this time my dad visited my car regularly at garage.

he inspected the whole car and said to my dad(B'coz i gone to chennai for my work) that the timing belt was at its end of its life, power streeing stem got leakage, battery life has gone.

without consulting to me, my dad said to my neibour(Mechanic) to change the parts which are necessary.

so my neighbor take this as a advantage and changed the good parts also unnecessarily.

He changed the following parts,

BREAK DISK -2500bunks
TIMING BELT - 800bunks
AC BELT - 500bunks
P.S STEM - 8000bunks
AMARON PRO BATTERY- 6500bunks
CHARGE FOR HEAD SURFACE - 5000bunks
GAS KIT - Dont know.
TOTALLY my dad paid totally 25,000 and took the car to home.

After i came from chennai, i asked my dad why he changed battery and break disc and all. my dad said changing each and every part separately, its better to change in a single time.

then i checked the old break disc, that still have life to run. but, i don't know why he changed those things.

I thought the car will be fine after changing all those parts, then my dad gone to madurai with his friends and returned without any problem and said the car was in good condition.

Blacky runs exactly 1200km from the full service.

at 88,200km,again the coolant water started reduced and it jumps more than previous. then my neighbor checked and said that he need to surface the head again.

My dad got upset, the coolant water reduced within a minute.

next day we need to go to chennai for one function, but the car was in problem.
we are in dilemma, we don't know what to do with this blacky. even i too got irritated due to continuous problem.

later we decided to take my dad friends indica. i said to my dad i won't drive any other car except my Blacky. so my dad friend sent the car with his driver.

(personally i don't like drivers)

Dad friends indica came to my home at 5am Sunday. that car was olive green color. i sat in co-driver seat my dad,mom & sister sat in the rear.

That was the first time we are going out without Blacky[lol]

due to dim light in the morning i not able to seen the interiors of green car. we reached thiruvanmaiur at 8:30am. then we attended the function, same day i want to meet my friend who was going to kathar. so i gone to airport in that green car with driver.

Accidentally i noticed the ODO meter, i got shocked. that car ran over 2,80,000km. then i started to enquire about that car to driver. he said the car was 2003 December model. my dad friend mostly go to other states in that car to see the trees & wood for tender purpose.

After i met my friend in airport and came to car to go to thiruvanmaiur, i asked the car for driving. driver gave the key, then i started to drive, the car has similar performance of my Blacky. i wondered even though it crossed 280000km. the car performs well.

this changed my mind, this car is running beyond 2L km, then why not blacky.

while return to vellore that driver started to enquire about my car, i narrate the whole problem, then we reached home at 8pm.

driver asked permission to check my blacky, so i started the engine and he noticed the water jumps from coolant tank.

he said the problem was with gas kit, then he suggested his mechanic(VISWANATH) opp. to national theater, vellore.

and i asked him to come there to introduce me to mechanic.

next day(Monday) i put leave to my office & gone to mechanic shed at 10am & waited for Driver. he came around 10:15. then we met the mechanic. mechanic checked my car and said he need to open the head and want to check & asked us to come on next day (Tuesday).

then i came to home and said to my mom, b'coz of sentiment issue we decided to leave the car on Wednesday. so i gone to office on Tuesday and got 2 days permission on Wednesday & Thursday in office & returned to vellore on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33
On Wednesday morning,

i gone to mechanic shed at 10am, mechanic and his labor guys started to work in Blacky at 10:30am. i sat in a chair near to my car.

Mechanic guys removed the bonnet and the labor guys started to remove each and every connection from engine. At 12pm they removed the whole engine from Blacky with the help of pulley and the chief mechanic opened the engine & he removed each and every part separately and the labor guys started to wash the parts with petrol.

Then Mechanic & myself gone to Devi motors and brought the over hauling set. The set contains

· New Pistons,
· Rings,
· Timing belt,
· Gas kit rubber.
And some small parts which are necessary to engine

I returned timing belt, b’coz the existing belt was just 1,800km old

Overhauling set costs 12k.

Then he gave the head to surface once again and gave the bottom of the engine to one engineering works to check the dimensions.

Next day(Thursday) he collected the head and bottom of the engine & started to assemble in his garage with new parts. He fixed new pistons, rings, etc. on Thursday evening the engine is almost ready. On Friday mechanic fixed the engine to Blacky and gave the other connections which are removed previously.

On Friday evening he started the engine, the engine is so silent & there is no smoke in silencer. Mechanic took the remote from key chain and locked the door & kept the engine to run. The engine runs Non-stop for 24 hrs.. [glasses]

Mechanic guaranteed the engine for next 1, 50,000km & he said not to use A/C for 1000 km and said to change the oil for next 5000 km itself.

Total cost for full engine overhaul –Rs.16,000(includes mechanic charge 4k)

The cost is somewhat cheap when compared to other mechanics.

I felt the headlight looks dull so i changed both head lights & fog lamp

Headlight set – Rs.4000 (used previous Philips bulb 100/90)

Fog lamps set - Rs.1800 (with bulbs)

& we changed new semi leather seats cover – Rs.3500[glasses]

After changing the headlights the total look of blacky has changed. She is more sexy than before.

Now I feel the car sound was very calm. The pickup is good & Blacky gave 18+ on highways and 15+ in city traffic (without A/c)

I changed front two tyres(BRIDGESTONE) with tubes in vellore itself.it costs 7k

Now I’m happy with Blacky, [:)]
After overhauling the pick-up & mileage is decent.

Now my Blacky crossed 1, 00,000km and keep running without giving any trouble.

I want to say one thing whatever the problem may be, my Blacky never halt on road. She will show all her problems in my home only.

We travelled a lot in Blacky, we enjoyed each & every trip as much as possible.

Last edited:
Hey Appu so your engine was overhauled at 88k KMS? Hmmm that's strange because TATA engines last a little more longer without an overhaul. 16k for an overhaul looks pretty cheap , dealerships charge in excess of 30k for an overhaul! And that is the main advantage of TATA cars they never breakdown or leave you stranded at the road. We have owned a Sierra and a Safari and now an Aria and not even once till now we have been left stranded on road because of mechanical failures.

Thread Starter #35
16k for an overhaul looks pretty cheap , dealerships charge in excess of 30k for an overhaul! And that is the main advantage of TATA cars they never breakdown or leave you stranded at the road. We have owned a Sierra and a Safari and now an Aria and not even once till now we have been left stranded on road because of mechanical failures.
yes, 16k is cheap only. i only brought the spares, the mechanic charged only the service charge. finding the best mechanic is difficult now a days.

now i'm happy with current mechanic[:)].

Thread Starter #37
Latest Pic of Blacky

Attachments

Last edited:
Interiors are looking nice with the red attachments but i don't like the beige seat covers , you could have gone for something in black and red two tone to suit your Interiors more.

Thread Starter #39
My dad like that color very much & the decors shop guy is my friend. he also suggested this beige color for black car. so i installed this color.

Your interiors looks pretty clean black red combination gives rich feel.
As you have mentioned you have got the right mechanic to relay on so hope to read that’’I have crossed 200k kms’’ with TATA Indica (blacky)
[thumbsup]
Best wishes and your blacky looks extremely good with crystal clear head and fog lamps.

Top Bottom