Tata Hexa XT 4x4 Arizona Blue - Initial Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Got the third free service done today.

This service was due post one year of purchase , or 20000 kms, whichever is earlier. I have been able to clock only 7k odd kms in the first year of ownership, mainly due to a hectic work schedule.

Nothing much to report. Since Engine oil was changed in the 2nd service itself, this one was just about general check ups. Nil charges.

No issues with the vehicle till date. Its a joy to own and drive.

Only regret - I haven't been able to get time to drive it around enough. :-(

Let me congratulate on your buy better late than never. Hexa is very capable vehicle and popular online reviews are it needs to shed weight, but if it does it wont be able to do what it does best, i.e., riding comfortably over bad roads. This is gem of a vehicle from Tata and hopefully people look into buying it more instead of over-prized Innova crysta. You drive it over rough surface and stony non existent roads and you will understand it's ride quality and your back and spine will thank you for the car you have purchased. Enjoy your car to the fullest. Post more pics in scenic surroundings of UK. [;)]

Thread Starter #33
An update on my Hexa XT 4x4, bought in Jan 19.

The Hexa has continued to run flawlessly, although the running has been on the lower side, with the odo being at 15k presently. Hope to make amends on this front, with COVID rules being relaxed now, and hopefully some good long drives in the near future.

The hexa had got left parked in a non shaded area for about 2 months during the lock down, when I had to leave my station for some urgent requirements. The harsh summer sun took its toll, resulting in some oxidation marks on the paint, in addition to the significant swirl marks added by the car wash guy.

I had initially thought of getting the car detailed through 3M, but then made the mistake of browsing through the TBHP detailing thread. As expected, the detailing bug bit me hard, and I ended up buying a Shine mate DA Polisher (Ex 605, 5/12), and other stuff like detailing bar, medium cut compound (Wavex) and finishing polish (Meguirs). Put these to use over this weekend, and have been extremely satisfied with the results. The Hexa is back to its original looks, with the paint shining as good as new.

Attaching a few pics of the results.

Also, changed the stock 5" Harman system with a 9", 4/64 GB Woodman android head unit around 3 months back. The head unit fits perfectly, touch response and overall speed are excellent, and the sound output is also better than the stock system. Very happy with the product.

IMG_20210220_133257.jpg
IMG_20210220_133331.jpg
IMG_20210220_133514.jpg
IMG_20210220_174846.jpg
IMG_20210220_174900.jpg
IMG_20210220_174930.jpg
Screenshot_20210221-232035_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210221-232211_Video Player.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This color is really elegant but surely needs a lot of care. Hexa was definitely under-rated for some odd reason but I have personally just like you experienced the capabilities of this car. The first time my mom saw Hexa she was very impressed so much so that when I showed her the Harrier, she liked it too thinking that Harrier & Hexa are same[lol](she is not a car enthusiast so got confused) further more, when she visited the TML dealership recently, she saw a White Hexa and told me instead of Green lets take White Hexa[lol]I was so embarrassed in front of about 10-12 guys but I told her Hexa has been discontinued. Listening to this, she reconfirmed it from dealer as she thought I was making a joke and pushing for Harrier. Later on, I told her Harrier BS-6 hei, Hexa BS6 nahi hai abhi. Harrier bahut moti hai aur sundar lagti hai. Iska Black color sabse zyada sale hota hai (Harrier is BS-6 but Hexa isn't BS6 presently and Harrier is quite beautiful and tough. The Black Color Harrier sells a lot aswell).

Wishing you a long and fruitful ownership of the HEXA.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #35
IMG-20210302-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20210302-WA0023.jpg

Mileage as per MID, over a long drive through Odisha.

Speeds maintained through out were around 80-100. AC on 100% of the time.

The road conditions were not so good. Most of the Kolkata Chennai NH between Vizag and Bhubaneshwar is in a bad state, with construction in progress in around 80% of the stretch, and many resultant crowded diversions.

The tank top method mileage obtained was around 2kmpl less than the HID figures.

A pic clicked somewhere in Odisha.

IMG-20210301-WA0012.jpg

Thread Starter #37
Had a tyre burst today.

Was going around a tight corner, where a rickshaw was parked. Misjudged, and a sharp metal protusion on the rickshaw tore the rear left tyre.

Was using Michelin LTX Force (235/70/16) on all four wheels.

Now getting a Bridgestone dueler 235/70/16 as replacement, as have an unused Bridgestone Stepney (2.5 years old) of the same size.

Will use these 2 as a set, along with the 2 michelins as The other set.

Planning to keep one Michelin as a Stepney now.

Top Bottom