Tata Hexa Review & Pictures: Herculean Hexa

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Hexa SUV new variant with increased features launched – Price Rs 15.27 lakhs

Tata Motors has added a new variant to the Hexa lineup. The XM+ variant is priced at Rs 15.27 lakhs, ex-showroom. It gets added exterior and interior features but continues with the same engines as seen powering the other regular variants.

The introduction of Tata Hexa XM+ variant enhances the product range by offering added features and customer comforts to buyers. This new variant is a part of the Tata Motors “Turnaround 2.0” program wherein customers are offered new products and variants at regular intervals.

The new Tata Hexa XM+ variant not only boasts of new exterior and interior features but also comes in with added safety. These new features include electrically adjustable ORVMs, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights, reverse parking sensors with camera and new fog lamps in the front.

Read more:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Motors European Technical Centre Demonstrates Latest Mobility Technology on the Tata HEXA

Image 1 - AutoDriverCoventry.JPG

Image 2 - AutoDriverCoventry.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDrG12e8Lo

Mumbai, October 22, 2018: A three-year project into the trials of connected and autonomous vehicle technology has drawn to a close, with the Coventry-based, Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) revealing its commitment to shaping the future of mobility.

As the UK centre of excellence in design and engineering for the Tata Motors Passenger Vehicle business in India, TMETC plans to focus its learning and future developments on controlled road environments. TMETC participated in the UK Autodrive project, co-funded by Innovate UK, the UK's innovation agency, which brought together 15 partners including OEMs, cutting edge engineering businesses, academia and progressive councils to explore the impact of ACES (Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared) technology, in a safe and controlled setting.

As part of the project, TMETC has successfully completed test trials on the new generation SUV, the Tata Hexa. The HEXA lends spacious interior and provides ample room to accommodate the necessary driving hardware, visitors and engineers in comfort.

According to Mr. Rajendra Petkar, Chief Technology Officer, Tata Motors, “At Engineering Research Centre (ERC) we have been actively undertaking R&D work on advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) as well as full vehicle autonomy in order to be future ready. Road congestion, air pollution and road safety, are acute concerns in India. We are likely to embrace connected, electric and shared technology sooner and therefore it is essential we remain at the forefront of these developments. Autonomy will be a consideration for the future in India. As the UK has already published a code of practice for testing autonomous vehicles safely and legally, it provides the ideal platform to enable us to challenge our self-driving vehicle capabilities. With the support of our much talented team at TMETC, I am delighted to share that the trials done on the HEXA have yielded immensely rewarding insights for us. Going forward, we plan to introduce number of ADAS functionalities in a structured & phased manner.”

Mr. David Hudson, Head of Propulsion, TMETC, said: “This has been a challenging project but has enabled us to safely test our technologies on public roads in a real-world environment. We have to understand the challenging road usage pattern in India and apply that knowledge to this project. Our connectivity vehicle experience has enabled us to safely test and demonstrate numerous features including GLOSA (Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory) and EEBL (Electronic Emergency Brake Light). It has also demonstrated how vehicles and infrastructure will work in tandem for a motoring network in the future. We are pleased by the end of this project we have achieved an appropriate level of self-driving capability to allow us to move forward with our next steps in the mobility revolution.”

Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) is a subsidiary of Tata Motors, created as a UK-based centre of excellence for automotive design and engineering located at the University of Warwick. TMETC provides research and development principally for Tata Motors.
Regards

Akash

Hai,
Would need some help. I took the delivery of my XMA hexa last week. Till date it has run 480 kms. Today morning I was unable to start my vehicle. I could hear the cranking (the tic tic sound everytime the attempt to start the vehicle). Called up the service guys, they asked me to press the brake peddle fully to start the vehicle. After a few attempts the vehicle switched on. Mind you it was being followed earlier also. On my way back from work I stopped at the fuel station to refill. Once again it failed to start. Called up tata motors and they said they will send the recovery vehicle. Made many more attempts to restart. Failed each time. As a last attempt I fastened my seat belt said a few prayers and turned the ignition and luckily the vehicle started. Has anyone else faced such problems with the ignition. Or am I missing a trick anywhere with the ignition. Does one need to fasten the seat belts to start the vehicle. What could be the reason. The nearest tata workshops are atleast 120 kms away. So that compounds the problem.

Try to remember if any check lights on the instrument cluster were on before the said incident. In the Aria, there was some engine safety mode activated... If you withdraw the clutch too soon during cranking. The engine wouldn't crank later.. till you crank the ignition and hold it for 13 sec. In any case.. get it checked. Request them to come home and check if the service center is too far, they will oblige. It's their flagship and that too only run 480 kms. They will take care. I can understand your anxiety, but its a great car neverthless and once this is sorted.. You will enjoy your ride again.

Hai,
Would need some help. I took the delivery of my XMA hexa last week. Till date it has run 480 kms. Today morning I was unable to start my vehicle. I could hear the cranking (the tic tic sound everytime the attempt to start the vehicle). Called up the service guys, they asked me to press the brake peddle fully to start the vehicle. After a few attempts the vehicle switched on. Mind you it was being followed earlier also. On my way back from work I stopped at the fuel station to refill. Once again it failed to start. Called up tata motors and they said they will send the recovery vehicle. Made many more attempts to restart. Failed each time. As a last attempt I fastened my seat belt said a few prayers and turned the ignition and luckily the vehicle started. Has anyone else faced such problems with the ignition. Or am I missing a trick anywhere with the ignition. Does one need to fasten the seat belts to start the vehicle. What could be the reason. The nearest tata workshops are atleast 120 kms away. So that compounds the problem.
Hi Atlantis,
I am sure you would have known this but still posting it, just to be doubly sure.
Some excerpts from the hexa manual

Make sure that parking brake is engaged and vehicle is in neutral gear (Park Mode for automatic transmission).
Depress the Clutch (Brake pedal for auto- matic transmission) pedal fully and crank the engine. Do not press the accelerator pedal when starting the engine.
If the engine does not start immediately, hold the ignition key at crank position for approx. 2 secs. This will help to start the engine if starter motor is in fail safe con- dition operation.

Starter Protection System
This Starter Protection system provided the following safety conditions:
1. Automatic disengagement of starter motor once the engine is started to avoid over running of starter motor.
2. Not allowing starter motor to engage when engine is running.
3. No starter motor function when vehi- cle is in running condition.
4. Not allowing starter motor to crank the engine under low battery condition to avoid further draining if battery.

It could a loose connection either at the battery connectors or an earthing wire. There is an earth wire from the gearbox which should be tightened properly. Was the battery removed from the vehicle in PDI? Find out from the dealer where you took delivery.

With a score of 912, Hyundai ranks highest in after-sales customer satisfaction. , Tata Motors covets 2nd place with a score of 874 Mahindra came in third at 865. The mass market average was calculated at 838.

I think it was the faulty technique of starting the vehicle which is to be blamed. Had no problem s when I went by the rule book. And hopefully its that. Thanks for the clarification s. [:)]

I don't know if its available only on Top XT/XTA variant but TML's tweeter handle has shared this video on Tweeter. Hexa has option of sunroof.

Image-1.jpg

I read TML has already added option of Sunroof at dealers as accessory, but I hope this will come as XT/XTA variant feature from company. I tried Hexa's website for more information but it is not yet updated.
Next thing TML should add is Bigger Touch Screen & Powered Driver seat and Hexa will be neck to neck in features with XUV5OO. [;)]

P.S.- On TML site I saw this new Tan colour leather seats option. [clap]

advn_img2_2.jpg

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
This Tata Hexa Has a Roll-Royce Style Lit up Roof

The Tata Hexa in the video below looks like every other SUV bearing that name on the road today. However, if you look more closely, you’ll notice the black headliner inside the SUV. The reason for the black headliner becomes apparent once you get inside this Hexa and look up and find yourself looking at a Rolls-Royce style lit-up headliner by pressing a button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN48CSQh6C4#action=share

Read:

Tata HEXA reaches a new low of 487 units in November 2018 dealer dispatches. Could be the Harrier effect!

Source:Auto Pundotz

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Hexa features optimized ahead of Harrier launch

Tata Motors is terming the feature deletion / changes as feature optimization. These are being done just ahead of the Harrier launch. Most recent changes implemented in November 2018 are installing piano black side AC grill bezel, door trim strip, and glovebox strip instead of chrome in the XM and XMA variants.

tata-hexa-features-deleted-4.jpg

tata-hexa-features-deleted-13.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Hexa with new official accessories looks expedition ready

The Tata Hexa is the current flagship vehicle of the company, a title which will soon be snatched from it by the Harrier. The big SUV-MPV crossover has its roots originating from the Tata Aria, which for the first time carried a crossover design by the company. The Hexa competes with the Mahindra XUV500 as its arch rival in the segment. The Hexa has also an AWD variant in its lineup which can take you to the road less traveled. For the same, Tata has released some official accessories for the car, which includes some hardcore off road stuff to. Let’s now checkout what all accessories is the company offering with the vehicle.

tata-hexa-official-accesories.jpg

tata-hexa-official-accesories-2.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom