Tata Hexa Review & Pictures: Herculean Hexa

Friends,

Tata Motors Unveil the Hexa Downtown Urban Edition​

Regards

Akash
One grouse, the Headunit if it is one that we get in the tata accessory store then it is really a tachy aftermarket head unit costing a bomb. You can get much better looking ones.

Other than that the addon packages seem to be good move, and even offering alloys for the 16 inchers is good move for people who want lower vairants but still want alloys.

Tan seats covers i feel is a direct competion to crysta as i have seen higher variant in Tan covers only.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Special Urban Edition ‘HEXA DOWNTOWN’ to arrive in Tata Motors showrooms from November 3rd

Image 1.jpg

Mumbai, November 3, 2017: Tata Motors is all set to strengthen its HEXA range of lifestyle SUVs with the launch of HEXA DOWNTOWN, Urban Edition. The HEXA DOWNTOWN amplifies the luxurious side of the HEXA, suitable for the stylish and successful executives who need to combine work and travel. Offering an exemplary and superlative drive in city condition, the HEXA DOWNTOWN not only takes the on-road capabilities of the HEXA but also blends them with the needs of an active and dynamic urban lifestyle customer.

The HEXA DOWNTOWN will be available in limited numbers from November 3rd, 2017 onwards in two packages- the Absolute Pack and the Indulge pack. The DOWNTOWN range starts from 12.18 lakhs (Ex-Showroom – Delhi) for the XE variant.

According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, “In order to offer our customers with an adrenaline pumped driving experience, we are happy to introduce the urban edition of the successful and versatile SUV, HEXA. The HEXA has caught the imagination of the country with its distinctive on-road and off-road capabilities. It has completely changed the face of Tata Motors and witnessed a strong traction in the market. The HEXA DOWNTOWN, as the name suggests is a vehicle inspired by the city life to match the customers’ charged urban lifestyle. With the new edition of the HEXA DOWNTOWN, we are sure to take forward our brand promise of offering customers aspirational products along with sheer value."
This Urban Edition comes with 15 new exciting features:

Image 2 - Feature Infographic.jpg

It is power packed and feature loaded to enable customers to live the Urban lifestyle to the fullest. The HEXA DOWNTOWN stands out on the road in its unique ‘urban bronze’ colour. The bold chrome accessories across the body give the car a dual personality of a stylish and luxurious SUV coupled with an ultimate off-road vehicle. The HEXA DOWNTOWN features like Wireless Charger, premium tan seat covers, Blaupunkt™ rear seat entertainment player, Heads-up display with Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and so on, have been carefully designed keeping in mind the city’s 24x7 living style, tech lifestyle and diverse terrains.

About Tata Motors

Tata Motors Limited, a USD 42 billion organisation, is a leading global automobile manufacturer of cars, utility vehicles, buses, trucks and defence vehicles. As India’s largest automobile company and part of the USD 100 billion Tata group, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa, and Indonesia through a strong global network of 76 subsidiary and associate companies, including Jaguar Land Rover in the UK and Tata Daewoo in South Korea. In India, Tata Motors has an industrial joint venture with Fiat. Engaged in engineering and automotive solutions, with a focus on future-readiness and a pipeline of tech-enabled products, Tata Motors is India’s market leader in commercial vehicles and among the top in passenger vehicles with 9 million vehicles on Indian roads. The company’s innovation efforts are focused on developing auto technologies that are sustainable as well as suited. With design and R&D centres located in India, the UK, Italy and Korea, Tata Motors strives to pioneer new products that fire the imagination of GenNext customers. Abroad, Tata cars, buses, and trucks are being marketed in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia, South America, Australia, CIS, and Russia.
Regards

Akash

So XE Downtown edition with Indulge pack will be absolute VFM as it gets side steps and alloy wheels ?

And this Urban Bronze color not exclusive for this special edition ? Akash's picture shows regular XM. Or all the accessories are dealer level fitments ?

Hexa deserves at least consistent 2000 numbers. Sad to see such a good car struggling.
True, 1000 units is too small for such an excellent product. This number should be 2000 units but i dont see that happening now. The initial hype has died and this is expected to be the number that Hexa will do in the long run (till new varians/features etc. are introduced)

Thread Starter #57
I got a chance to be chauffeured in an XUV and man, I felt like it is the worst rear seat to travel if I compare Hexa, Crysta and XUV. It really feels like I am sitting at least a foot higher than the driver (that makes me feel very uncomfy in any car), the suspension is far from absorbent and the seat felt a bit on the firm as well as slippery too to me [lol]

That said, I have even owned one in past and those days XUV felt very good, but after having experienced Hexa and Crysta, dare I say; XUV is nowhere close in overall driving or seating comfort, other than the performance, there is absolutely nothing else the XUV has on offer. So, after having experienced Hexa and XUV side by side, I would like to change my statement from:

"XUV is a more VFM choice and offers a lot more"

to

"Now XUV feels a bit outdated and lower on comfort, hence the premium of a lac that Tata asks over XUV or lack of features as compared to XUV are well justified"

I am mostly the driver or chauffeur driven person (less experience of front left seat), and hence very particular when it comes to the seats. I rate the Crysta captain seats on the top, Hexa closely second and XUV far back now. But yes, the legroom of Hexa is definitely lesser than that in XUV, still, that I can live with but the captains eats of Hexa, when coupled to the opulent ride quality, just make for the most comfortable option (Crysta seats are better but ride isnt).

True, 1000 units is too small for such an excellent product. This number should be 2000 units but i dont see that happening now. The initial hype has died and this is expected to be the number that Hexa will do in the long run (till new varians/features etc. are introduced)
Yes I guess the hype is over & HEXA came to a stage where it is getting same faith like other TML SUV's. Its very sad to see all of the reviewers gave Thumbs up to HEXA, many of our members rumored that HEXA got more than 10000 booking numbers, Good design and good quality interior and still sales numbers are close to 1000 only!
TML did their best but faith of HEXA is bad that she is getting such treatment.[frustration]

I got a chance to be chauffeured in an XUV and man, I felt like it is the worst rear seat to travel if I compare Hexa, Crysta and XUV. It really feels like I am sitting at least a foot higher than the driver (that makes me feel very uncomfy in any car), the suspension is far from absorbent and the seat felt a bit on the firm as well as slippery too to me [lol]

That said, I have even owned one in past and those days XUV felt very good, but after having experienced Hexa and Crysta, dare I say; XUV is nowhere close in overall driving or seating comfort, other than the performance, there is absolutely nothing else the XUV has on offer. So, after having experienced Hexa and XUV side by side, I would like to change my statement from:

"XUV is a more VFM choice and offers a lot more"

to

"Now XUV feels a bit outdated and lower on comfort, hence the premium of a lac that Tata asks over XUV or lack of features as compared to XUV are well justified"

I am mostly the driver or chauffeur driven person (less experience of front left seat), and hence very particular when it comes to the seats. I rate the Crysta captain seats on the top, Hexa closely second and XUV far back now. But yes, the legroom of Hexa is definitely lesser than that in XUV, still, that I can live with but the captains eats of Hexa, when coupled to the opulent ride quality, just make for the most comfortable option (Crysta seats are better but ride isnt).
Still people will prefer Crysta over HEXA even with that bigger price tag. And XUV5OO for more SUV like stance and good feature list. Both Toyota and Mahindra have good reputation in the market as they gained trust of customers. Its time TML need to provide few more premium features from competition to attract more customers.

October sales of Hexa and its peers!

Toyota Innova : 6455
Mahindra XUV : 2697
Jeep Compass : 2455
TATA Hexa : 1041

Source:Auto Punditz

October sales of Hexa and its peers!

Toyota Innova : 6455
Mahindra XUV : 2697
Jeep Compass : 2455
TATA Hexa : 1041

HEXA's sales figures are not impressive at all. Total 6 months sales units are 6842 from May 17 till Oct 17.

Hope TML is looking at this.

Top Bottom