Tata Dealer 'SAB Motors (Delhi)' Terrible Post Booking Experience

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Today, I had the worst experience at Tata Motors dealer 'SAB Motor' located at Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. I on behalf of a very close family friend Mr. Amit Nahata was coordinating for the Altroz XE Rhythm Petrol booked on 18 Jan 2021 from SAB Motors. I assured my friend it was safe and a wise decision to book a Tata car since I myself have a good experience of owning Tata Cars since past 4 years. So upon my assurance, he booked the car on his wife's name.

The SA assigned was Manish Arora and his TL is Wasim. Now, on paper they mentioned waiting of 3-5 weeks post which 1 week it takes to transit the car. Now it has been over a month and till date not even allocation has been done. Every time we call to seek an update from Dealer, the SA or TL have the same answer "Gaadi Allocate nahi hui Sir" "Time Lagega" they have been beating around the bush for a month without any firm commitment or reverts to customer query. Today morning after not getting a timely reply from the TL, my friend called me. I reached the dealer in afternoon and spoke to TL & SA in a clear manner as my friend had informed me that the XE rhythm variant is available in Meerut. Everytime the TL shows me an excel sheet of pending orders which isn't of use to me because I am concerned for my friend's car and not anyone else. Since I advised him to book an Altroz, so it is my responsibility too to make sure the delivery of it is smooth too. My friend has trusted me and I am in no way going to disappoint him. My friend has given away his old car too and the dealer executives are now playing the clever with him by telling him to wait as he'll loose the price protection on cancelling the booking. Neither they are delivering the car, neither they are prompt with allocation and neither they have any clue of how much time more is going to be taken.

Today I called their Sales/Showroom Manager and after briefing him about the issue, his comment was "So this isn't your car", "you are not our customer so don't behave or talk like a customer" "I am not answerable to you". This particular statement made me really feel bad since even if I am not a customer of SAB motors, I am foremost the customer of TATA Motors. TATA Motors the brand is far bigger entity than the dealer. I really don't need to be SAB Motors customer to enquire for a friend's car booked on my suggestion. His Wife also called the SA to enquire and she too got just a dumb reply without any eagerness to deliver. Is this the way how Sales Job is done? The way the SA & TL have handled or should I say messed up, I fear that even in this 5th week the car might not be allocated. To be honest, I wasn't ever convinced of my friend's decision to book from this dealer. I did not get to see that eagerness to sell, proactive attitude to address the customer query, eagerness to take updates from TML for the booking has been missing ever since the booking. Moving further, my friend, requested the TL, Wasim to give him the details of Tyre & Alloy upgrade. Alloys price was given but no details were given about Tyre upgrade till today afternoon. This lack of clarity and sincerity from the dealer's executive is damaging the brand's reputation. Moreover, after showing him all the proofs of our messages sent to him and reminding him of his commitment, he agreed that yes, there has been mistake on their part.

I called my friend to the showroom and then he took over and has clearly informed the Sales Manager to revert at earliest with the allocation and delivery details. I mean, who gives them the right to address the queries in the most uncalled manner? They tried to shift the responsibilities from one person to other. I never imagined that a dealer of such a responsible and reputed Indian brand would be so laid back. The sales manager has agreed to take action on the SA & TL and has provided my friend his contact details too. Every customer is an important link in the expansion of a brand. Substandard customer service isn't going to help. I really feel bad for the management of TML who I don't know how, have incorporated such dealer executives in their system. Tata Cars at present are benchmark of safety and even to great extent in styling too but such dealers are ruining it all big time.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update

My friend Amit twitted his concern to TML on twitter yesterday and got a prompt revert that their concerned department will contact him. Now, today he received a call from TML's North India DSM who very patiently heard my friend's concern, his experience with the dealer so far. He has promised to look into the matter on urgent basis and would update my friend on it by Tomorrow. He also informed my friend that there is some delay from the company's end w.r.t dispatches. However, after listening to the list of commitments made by the dealer executives so far to my friend, the TML executive has informed that due action would be taken on the dealer & executives for not giving correct information and neither communicating with the customer.

IMG-20210225-WA0000.jpg

It is nice to note that the brand has taken due care of the customer and addressing the concerns. Which further makes my trust in TML stronger for the fact that even if the dealer messes up, the brand has taken due note of the concern and shall move as per their protocol. IF the dealer isn't proactive to address / communicate with the customer atleast TML is listening to them.

Regards
Akash

IF the dealer isn't proactive to address / communicate with the customer atleast TML is listening to them.
Even we had terrible experience with Kropex, Bangalore for my son's Harrier. We were assured of delivery within 2 weeks, but no communication from them even after that period. When contacted, they gave us deadlines, which were not kept up. Finally, my son escalated the issue with Tata Motors through social media. Immediately, they diverted a Harrier from another dealer in Tumkur, 70 km away. Finally, our Harrier was delivered in 2 months. When we wanted to do PDI at their yard, we were discouraged, stating that there was no space to open the door as the vehicles were parked close to each other! We were told to do PDI without getting into the vehicle. When we reached their yard, there was ample of space not only to open the doors, but also to drive around! We then insisted upon getting into the vehicle to do PDI. We were then allowed to do so. When we started the engine, we found that DEF level was just above half-mark. We were told that it came from the plant in that condition and it was okay. Again, my son escalated this with Tata Motors. Tata Motors assured us that our Harrier would be delivered with tankful DEF. On the day of delivery, we were told that tankful DEF was harmful and it should be filled half tank only. That was why, it was filled with half tank at the plant. We were threatened that we would be responsible for any consequences that arose because of full tank DEF! We insisted on full tank DEF. Finally, our Harrier was delivered with tankful DEF after a couple of hours waiting on 9/1/2021 for the booking made on 10/12/2020. Because of this terrible experience, the first service was done at the nearby Key Motors, Bangalore. My suggestion to Bangaloreans : never step into Kropex for booking or servicing. Be far away from them.

On the contrary, I had good experience with TAFE Access, Chennai during booking, delivery and the first, second and fourth servicing of my Nexon and the erstwhile Concorde, Bangalore during delivery and servicing of my erstwhile Linea and third servicing of my Nexon.

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update

Finally the car had been allocated late on Sunday night. Received the VIN yesterday and it's a Feb model. It is expected to land in Delhi on this Friday as per the SA. Then PDI will follow post which the registration and Delivery shall follow. Getting the VIN was quite a exercise. Anyways a lesson learnt in this experience. Would like to thank TML and their concerned executives for the prompt action. Hope the PDI & Delivery goes off smooth.

Regards
Akash

When I purchased My IGNIS, they followed like world is gonna end. Even today for each service, I am treated like a king and my small complaint also taken seriously so much that sometimes I feel I shouldn't have complained for such a small issue.

Top Bottom