Tata Aria Review & Pictures

@ dhaya: today i went to the tata showroom again to check out the Aria.

The sales advisor confirmed that beige is available only in fabric.

your Black & Black interior DOES NOT have those cheap wood inserts, it comes with silver inserts. Even black & plum comes with silver inserts. only beige comes with wooden inserts.

if this is true, i have no idea how the TAI test drive Aria had wooden inserts with black interiors?!

in my earlier encounter with the Aria, i just sat in the front seats & i was very happy. but today, i sat in the middle row & to be honest, i was disappointed. even with the middle row slid fully backward, legroom was just average, i dont think it was any more than my scorpio. my innova's driver who accompanied me confirmed this & innova is much more spacious.

less said about the third row, the better. when i sat in the third row, the middle row could not be folded back, my legs blocked it!

overall, its a good car for a small family of 5 but not an ideal car for someone who wants to transport his entire family. i dont know how dhaya finds the middle row legroom.

Last edited:
Oh thanks for the confirmation Raj , am relieved now!

Our test drive vehicle is beige fabric interiors right? Beige does not come in Pride variant Raj.

Regarding space we are a family of only four. I found the front seats really comfortable where i will be sitting the most. My brother almost as tall as me also found the front seats comfortable. Dad is 5'11" and for him even my Verna is suitable for him without his knees touching the front seats , same goes with mom. We will never need the third row, infact most of the times it will be kept folded only! So i think Aria will not be a problem for us in space factor.

Oh thanks for the confirmation Raj , am relieved now!
You are welcome. infact, even i was happy for you when i heard this. [:)]

Our test drive vehicle is beige fabric interiors right? Beige does not come in Pride variant Raj.
my mistake. i thought TAI's TD vehicle had black & black interiors.

Regarding space we are a family of only four. I found the front seats really comfortable where i will be sitting the most. My brother almost as tall as me also found the front seats comfortable. Dad is 5'11" and for him even my Verna is suitable for him without his knees touching the front seats , same goes with mom. We will never need the third row, infact most of the times it will be kept folded only! So i think Aria will not be a problem for us in space factor.
yes, for your family it wont be a problem. Sadly, for my family, we have to look elsewhere.

Re: Tata Aria Comprehensive Road Test Review

Did you found the Aria very sluggish. I had trouble moving it and engine felt very underpowered and strained.

Hmmm strange! The Aria never feels underpowered or strained upto 130kmph!

Yes its a bit sluggish but decent enough considering its size and weight!

Hmmm strange! The Aria never feels underpowered or strained upto 130kmph!

Yes its a bit sluggish but decent enough considering its size and weight!
Dhaya what did you meant by strained till 130 kmph.

What's the max speed attained by you till now.

130kmph that too only for few seconds! Now only the running in period is over , yet to check out the true top-speed of Aria!

Thread Starter #54

I personally pushed upto 160kmph on the speedo..

I can't say its sluggish, but not faster as Yeti :)

I personally pushed upto 160kmph on the speedo..

I can't say its sluggish, but not faster as Yeti :)
I agree the top speed may be 160 but i dont agree that a vehicle this heavy would be sluggish. If i compare Fortuner Vs Aria they have about 5L difference in price and one is a 2.2L and one is a 3L. I found 3L engine more apt for the kind of weight it has, and hence felt very sluggish IMO.

Of course the Fortuner has a more powerful engine with a 3.0L engine producing 173PS , the one is Aria is 2.2L producing just 140BHP! So the Fortuner maybe marginally better in performance but the Aria is no way a slouch or sluggish even compared to Fortuner! Even i have driven both the cars.

i think fortuner cost around 23-24 lakh??

then why should we compare it with aria.

and yeti is comparitively much smaller than aria !!

one wont buy yeti instead of aria.

imo aria should be compared to aria lookalikes in similar segments .

i feel aria could be rated better with Ford endeavour.

Ford is also above 20. We all i was saying is when i decide to put in 17-19L i will look at all cars around that price range, if i was looking at buying a car with that price i would either had srteatched to fortuner price or else waited for something better to arrive in terms of power/weight ratio so as its much easier to drive.

If i compare it to Innova which is about 2-3L cheaper and if i was not looking at 4x4 then Innova is much more comfortable to drive than Aria in City or on highway.

@ Jayadev I think the Aria cannot be compared to any other car/SUV because its an all new breed![;)] There is no MUV in the price range of Aria , and it cannot be compared with Fortuner , Captiva , Endeavour , Yeti and Innova.

@ Mayankjha I think you are not used to driving SUV'S! The Aria is a breeze to drive in the highways , city driving almost all SUV'S are difficult to drive due to its size. And Cmon you cannot expect the performance of a Cruze or a Laura from an Aria , SUV'S have their own negatives too! Don think i am supporting Aria just because i own one! Aria is arguably the best car ever from TATA , its worth every penny!

Thread Starter #60

Mayankjha,

If you are looking for unleashed performance, then only petrol SUVs can do some justice.

Try out Mitsubishi Outlander 2010, Honda CRV followed by Vitara.

All these cars push you back when you burry the gas pedals :)

Top Bottom