Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Am unable to find pictures of the Pure Lx. Can anyone post some interior pics, esp the roof without the boxes, dashboard, driver and passenger arm rest, etc. does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.
1. Pure LX comes pre wired for front fog lamps, audio system and speakers including tweeters. rear fogs already present.
2. It has express down power windows in all the four windows.
3. It has heated electric OVRM's
4. My personal experiance is ABS is not a must . It is desirable especially in wet conditions. But for ABS one need to pay additional 45K as road tax in Bangalore.
5. It is good it does not come with audio system. You can fix one as per your requirements. I had fixed a 6" Pioneer DVD double din Blue tooth system and routed the rear camera to the screen
Ride quality is superb. My LX completed 23K in one year including a round trip to Leh, Hyderabad and Vizag from Bangalore

Thanks Ksdr and rkg123, is there only one cabin light pod in Lx? The centre console is promising, we can have 2 screens there.
There are two cabin light one near the rear view mirror and the other on top of the middle seat. Both have 2 reading spot lights apart from the regular center light. PURE LX comes with a boot light too.

Cabin lamps
Front : center lamp is linked to door ajar warning. there are two spot reading lamps for both driver and passenger.
Similar is the case in middle seat.
Both front and middle lamps have delayed switch off function along with switch on with remote lock opening. Theater dimming type
If one opens car with remote, both the cabin lights will be on.
Both the lamps are white LED's
Boot lamp is normal bulb, which can also be operated along with cabin lights or switched off separately. If the lamp is on position , it will be on & off along with cabin lights.

Head lights can be switched on with remote, useful in finding the car in parking.
Pure LX also comes with puddle lamps on all four doors
All the four doors can take 1.5 or even 2 liter bottles easily

Lx also has specific door open indicators in the odometer. This includes boot door also.

Outside temperature indicator is also present in the MID

Last edited:
hellow all. i think i last logged in on 2012 here. i own aria pleasure 4*2. from 2011 november to present. and now my aria has clocked 60 thousand kms till date. it never had caused me any trouble not even once for these four years ownership peroid.(touchwood). . needed to change tyres at 52000kms . i do the oil change at sharp 7000kms (one oilchang locally nd the other routine at 15k kms int. )i had hydroplaned at 52000kms due to zero tread on rear at heavy rain through midnight on kerala monsoon at 80 to 90 kmph on highway nd the car circled clock wise nd the rear end drifted nd hit an electic post nd the post got bend. nd the car only had a hairline minor crack on the rear bumper that was not even visible. no damge to the vechicle of any kind because the car have its chassis block metal running close to the rear bumper .( thanks to the body on frame) if this same had happened with my old vechicle innova or the xuv 5"o"o" minimum damage shud hav been a "v " bend tail gate with broken rear windscreen, and a destroyed bumber. avg milage getting is around 12 to 15. mixed driving. not even a single rupee spend other than regular service. only niggle i had is the remote key rubber weared out quick ( spare key too)and i had to order other key. costed around 1300 rs or so. i would recoment this car to everyone who is looking for a safe car with extreme driving comfort specially mid to long journeys. (vs innova * which i prev owned for 3 yrs* nd xuv and also the safari storme both vechicle s in my friends circle nd i hav driven them enough to say a rigid openion). . iam saying adding a small review here now because many people including members of this forum doubted the reliability of this vechicle when it was launched nd went on bashing nd criticizing it without knowing the real picture. may be my personal experience with this car for the last four years would help anybody who's looking for a new or used car now. thanks.

hellow all. i think i last logged in on 2012 here. i own aria pleasure 4*2. from 2011 november to present. and now my aria has clocked 60 thousand kms till date. it never had caused me any trouble not even once for these four years ownership peroid.(touchwood). . needed to change tyres at 52000kms . i do the oil change at sharp 7000kms (one oilchang locally nd the other routine at 15k kms int. )i had hydroplaned at 52000kms due to zero tread on rear at heavy rain through midnight on kerala monsoon at 80 to 90 kmph on highway nd the car circled clock wise nd the rear end drifted nd hit an electic post nd the post got bend. nd the car only had a hairline minor crack on the rear bumper that was not even visible. no damge to the vechicle of any kind because the car have its chassis block metal running close to the rear bumper .( thanks to the body on frame) if this same had happened with my old vechicle innova or the xuv 5"o"o" minimum damage shud hav been a "v " bend tail gate with broken rear windscreen, and a destroyed bumber. avg milage getting is around 12 to 15. mixed driving. not even a single rupee spend other than regular service. only niggle i had is the remote key rubber weared out quick ( spare key too)and i had to order other key. costed around 1300 rs or so. i would recoment this car to everyone who is looking for a safe car with extreme driving comfort specially mid to long journeys. (vs innova * which i prev owned for 3 yrs* nd xuv and also the safari storme both vechicle s in my friends circle nd i hav driven them enough to say a rigid openion). . iam saying adding a small review here now because many people including members of this forum doubted the reliability of this vechicle when it was launched nd went on bashing nd criticizing it without knowing the real picture. may be my personal experience with this car for the last four years would help anybody who's looking for a new or used car now. thanks.
I second your views on Aria, however, that brand Tata, the brand Aria have taken such a beating that inspite Aria being a very competent vehicle and if I may take libery calling it much better than Innova and XUV, it is a failure for the masses who are investing half a million rupees.

This said its the mentality of the people to go by the brand, and what will others say attitude. Tata have to work on this aspect if they want to sell their brand.

I too had similar problem when i was buying big car. it was tussle between ARia and Storme. Better half like storme better than Aria. I was loving both vehicles. Aria for the 3rd row seats, features in lx. Storme for the pure love of the beast since childhood, and ABS in base variant.

ABS and wife put me in favour of storme.

However, my friend who purchase aria pleasure in 2014 is absolutely amazed by this vehicle and has no issues what so ever.

helow vickyjoshi. i personaly love the look of storme. my close friend / cousin was to chose between the storme and xuv and finally went for the storme vx. the look is more mature and decent than the xuv . he is very satisfied with the vechicle. but the suspension setup is more luxy with the aria . bit raw for the storme( definitly it can tackle off roads in a better way).

now my aria has clocked 60 thousand kms till date. it never had caused me any trouble not even once for these four years ownership peroid.(touchwood).
Traveller, thanks for the update. Can you share your service cost at 45K and 60K service intervals?

Isn`t this a good reason to buy an Aria[:D]
Couldn't agree more with you!

Traveller, thanks for the update. Can you share your service cost at 45K and 60K service intervals?

Couldn't agree more with you!
Helow.sory for the delayed reply. On the 45kms service I opted for the AMC nd it costed me around 9000rs or so .. So I got two oil service done in that amc and just a week befor I went for concorde cochin for a fog lamb replacement and the service adivisior who now is a close friend said me a surprising thing, that if I'm only running under 65k kms inside march 2016 then I wil get an another oil service free inside the amc. He said its a provision with amc for low running vechicles. So with a city idtec nd an elite i20 together with aria for my service. I wil catch that bonus. That is 3 oil change service for 9000rs.. Ie 3000 rs per service.! Who can do better than this!

Helow.sory for the delayed reply. On the 45kms service I opted for the AMC nd it costed me around 9000rs or so .. So I got two oil service done in that amc and just a week befor I went for concorde cochin for a fog lamb replacement and the service adivisior who now is a close friend said me a surprising thing, that if I'm only running under 65k kms inside march 2016 then I wil get an another oil service free inside the amc. He said its a provision with amc for low running vechicles. So with a city idtec nd an elite i20 together with aria for my service. I wil catch that bonus. That is 3 oil change service for 9000rs.. Ie 3000 rs per service.! Who can do better than this!
AMC for 9000 rupees was for how many km/years?

I have paid 17500rs for silver AMC/ 45000km for 3 years, which comes to less than 6000rs per service including wheel alignment and balancing. Now isn't it damn cheap compared even the sub 4 meter diesel cars in the market.

And number of visits to work shop in past 2 years just 3 times.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom