Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Road Test Drive Review

its nothing new. Those discounts are said to be given by the dealers. Company compensates them.

The RTOs dont let the discounts on the ex showroom price. Company has to declare the price. Then the road tax and insurance is calculated on that. In ARIAs case 9.95 laks. Any discounts given are on not on 9.95 laks, but on the on road price. Ie 11.9 laks.

SO ARIA will cost 11.9 lacks - the discount of 1 laks.
got the delivery of my aria pride top end model on 25-09-14
14.98 laks ex-showroom price and 16.50 laks.on road price
i got 1.30 laks discount on ex- showroom price + in insurance 20k on
no clam certificat so i got total 1.5 lks discount[clap]
so MY ARIA TOTAL COST 15LAKS

so MY ARIA TOTAL COST 15LAKS ON ROAD
congrats Dipesh. Wish you millions of happy and nigglefree miles with your new beast.
Do put lots of pics of your new acquisition.

Did you mean, 1.30 Lakhs discount on the On Road price or Ex.Showroom?

Many congratulations on your new acquisition[clap].Wishing you many happy miles with your aria.
Share some pictures and your initial impressions in its related thread.

i got 1.30 lakhs discount on ex-showroom price
and 20k -No Claim Bonus on insurance
+free rubber mats
Therz a confusion here.

If the discount is on ex-showroom price, then there will be a reduction in road tax. In your case the road tax is calculated on non discounted price. Hence its safe to assume that the discount is on onroad price.

Did you mean, 1.30 Lakhs discount on the On Road price or Ex.Showroom?
i got 1.30 lakhs discount on ex-showroom price
Therz a confusion here.

If the discount is on ex-showroom price, then there will be a reduction in road tax. In your case the road tax is calculated on non discounted price. Hence its safe to assume that the discount is on onroad price.
I should agree with @navnit013 here and that was the reason I raised the question above. I think, discounts on ex-showrooms can’t be decided and offered at the dealer level. It has to come from the manufacturer, if I am not wrong.

Anyways, congrats on the Aria and wishing you miles of pleasant ownership with it.[:)]

Looks like you directly jumped here without going through earlier posts [;)]
Tata has confirmed that this is not company official offer but a offer by dealer (questionable though!)
Oh ya, you are absolutely true. I just searched for a Tata Aria thread and this is what i found. Anyways, my apologies to all here if it vexed you.

Congratulations!

I think you have made a great choice. Wish I had gone for a 4 wheel drive, higher end option instead of the base version.

My Aria Pure LX, has now done 14K km (10 months) with no complaints. When I bought the car, I did think I was taking a risk and was anticipating problems, hence bought the car on company car lease. I feel extremely confident now and will recommend the car to the folks who like an understated style. For those who are more flamboyant, the XUV might be a better fit though. There is nothing lacking on the performance front for the Aria (esp the ones with new 150 bhp engine). The Aria does get better attention at the service center, but there is a lot to improve on that front.

Here is my ownership thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/16259-tata-aria-family-adventure.html

Does anyone know if the Pleasure variant comes with remote for the integrated music system?

I was not given the remote when I bought Pleasure variant. I was told by SA that whatever came with the car was given to you. But today I came across the comparison of Pleasure variant with innova GX variant on aria's official site ( Compare the Tata Aria - The Passenger MUV Vehicle With Innova GX) which has a tick mark for 'Radio & MP3 - 2 DIN with remote' that indicates remote should be present . So would like to confirm if Pleasure indeed comes with a remote or not.

Last edited:
Am unable to find pictures of the Pure Lx. Can anyone post some interior pics, esp the roof without the boxes, dashboard, driver and passenger arm rest, etc. does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.

does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.
No, I don't think that it comes pre wired for all electrical gadgets for the Pure LX variant.

Buying the Pleasure Variant over the Pure LX Variant will be a great Deal when you get heavy discounts (Rs. 1,00,000 - Rs. 1,50,000), for the additional 3.5 Lakhs you get the following as standard:

- wood finish in pleasure variant look nice than in the Pure variant.
- music system is much better.
- ABS and EBD (is a must for a vehicle of this size).
- 2 Airbags at Front
- Fog lamps (Front and Rear) are really nice during the night time.
- Height adjustable drivers seat
- One touch down for all power windows.
- Rear Wash and wipe with demister
- Ultrasonic Reverse guide system ( Which is a must for this vehicle to manage its length)
- Glove box Chiller
- Full Chrome Grill
- Chrome Finished Door handles and window waistline
- Pleasure Badging at the Rear

And in the Pure LX Variant you only get an analog clock on the center Console but in the Pleasure Variant you get a small LCD Display lit in blue Colour (Which is quite nice and gives you a premium feel during night time). Overall the Pleasure variant is a good package with standard features in it. So go in for the Tata Aria Pleasure than the Storme. As Storme has side facing seats at the last row which can be uncomfortable for long rides, but Aria has Front Facing Seats which can be more comfortable than the Storme.

In the recent Autocar comparo between MUVs i has happy to see the Aria as part of the lot. Sadly after exaclty 10 seconds the Aria was out of the competition ..sad! I wish they had at least included it in the entire comparo!
Mega MPV video comparison | Cars | MPV/MUVs | Autocar India
Never go solely by Autocar's opinions and reviews. They always create opinions to suit their ultimate choice, in this case the Lodgy. Aria is in a different league altogether. Its most direct competitors are Innova and Xylo, both of which are considerably inferior in terms of performance.

Autocar did this same game in their mega sedan comparo, where they pushed the Linea , Fiesta and Scala/Sunny out on some stupid points in the first round of elimination. Totally amateurish.
There are better car review sites out there. Autoportal is a decent-ish one, although they also get it wrong sometimes. Same with Cartoq.

Last edited:
Am unable to find pictures of the Pure Lx. Can anyone post some interior pics, esp the roof without the boxes, dashboard, driver and passenger arm rest, etc. does the Pure Lx come pre wired for fog lamps, music system and auxiliary sockets in 2nd and 3rd row? Does it make sense to shell out an additional 3.5 lakhs for the pleasure version? Just for ABS, Airbags and music system. Also how would the Pure Lx compare with the refreshed Storme Lx? Again Storme Ex would have been the ideal but is 14.63 lakhs. Please direct me to ownership reviews if you find any.
Comparing storme Lx and Pure Lx both of them don't have ABS now but the drive train clutch are same. If seating comfort and high speed handling are important then Aria by virtue of its 200mm longer wheelbase and lower vehicle height is more stable on highways. If you drive in extreme off road conditions or within the confines of city traffic Storme will be nimbler and has higher approach and departure angles for bad roads.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom