Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Comprehensive Road Test Review

Guys still no answer to my previous question about how tata can improve sales figure of Aria.Would love to see your response.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tata can improve their sales by improving the quality and reliability of their cars. Only the Aria can be called as a good car in their stable.

Manza and vista, though good cars, are not that reliable. Earlier indicas n safaris were a joke. They should understand the customer its not an idiot!

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Thread Cleaned. Please note that personal attacks or biased statements strictly cannot be tolerated. OT posts in future will be deleted without notification.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Tata can improve their sales by improving the quality and reliability of their cars. Only the Aria can be called as a good car in their stable.

Manza and vista, though good cars, are not that reliable. Earlier indicas n safaris were a joke. They should understand the customer its not an idiot!
Actually both manza and vista are quite good cars and the interiors feel a class apart from the competition.

All the talk in the town about XUV killing ARIA and it silently crosses 500 units a month, all the talk about SCORPIO slaying SAFARI and it sells around 2000 units a month.

Actually both manza and vista are quite good cars and the interiors feel a class apart from the competition.

All the talk in the town about XUV killing ARIA and it silently crosses 500 units a month, all the talk about SCORPIO slaying SAFARI and it sells around 2000 units a month.
yes, i agree. no doubt they are very good cars. spacious, fuel efficient & cheap to maintain. but it's reliability is a big question mark.

there is a joke going around in my native - recently a man gifted his newly wed son-in-law a Tata Manza. After five months, the couple has filed for a divorce. People are guessing the Manza to be the culprit !!!

If Aria, Safari, Manza, Grande, etc. are such good cars, then why are they not selling in good numbers? Tell me one TATA car which is a segment leader in terms of sales. Victa cannot touch bolero, manza cannot touch dzire, vista cannot touch swift, grande cannot touch xylo, safari cannot touch scorpio & you know the fate of Aria!

Last edited:

Victa and Grande should be the worst car of this millenia. I am yet to come across a happy faced owner .

manza cannot touch dzire, vista cannot touch swift,
It should not be due to lack of quality as both the manufacturer have quality issue of simile. desire has more issues than Manza. even swift is no different.
but Tata is tata...Arogance and ignorance;they Haven't got it yet.

yes, i agree. no doubt they are very good cars. spacious, fuel efficient & cheap to maintain. but it's reliability is a big question mark.

there is a joke going around in my native - recently a man gifted his newly wed son-in-law a Tata Manza. After five months, the couple has filed for a divorce. People are guessing the Manza to be the culprit !!!

If Aria, Safari, Manza, Grande, etc. are such good cars, then why are they not selling in good numbers? Tell me one TATA car which is a segment leader in terms of sales. Victa cannot touch bolero, manza cannot touch dzire, vista cannot touch swift, grande cannot touch xylo, safari cannot touch scorpio & you know the fate of Aria!
Your joke cannot be true.

Manza is a good vehicle and is selling well. Also Manza is reliable.
It is not the market leader because Swift Dzire is from Maruti and they have established themselves in the market.

TATA has improved its products over the years and current MANZA and VISTA are really good compared to the competition. To become market leaders - they need time to change people's perception and better marketing/PRO management (like Mahindra's strategy for XUV5oo)

Guys still no answer to my previous question about how tata can improve sales figure of Aria.Would love to see your response.Thanks in advance.
Hi Xover,

A crisp answer came to my mind regarding your querry is that - TATA do not want to!!!

It seems TATA is not interested in selling Aria in large numbers.

Its a quality product, feature rich and thats it. In my view they are planning it as a demonstrator - that is to show TATA is about premium and they can deliver quality. Aria is a technologically advanced vehicle.
Instead of creating a new brand name for premium vehicle, they are slowly building up a brand image for future premium vehicles.

If they sell Aria cheaply, then Taxi/fleet operators will floak in happily use this rugged vehicles to the extreme and subsequently create issues for TATA brand and future plans for premium segment vehicles

Hi Xover,

A crisp answer came to my mind regarding your querry is that - TATA do not want to!!!

It seems TATA is not interested in selling Aria in large numbers.

Its a quality product, feature rich and thats it. In my view they are planning it as a demonstrator - that is to show TATA is about premium and they can deliver quality. Aria is a technologically advanced vehicle.
Instead of creating a new brand name for premium vehicle, they are slowly building up a brand image for future premium vehicles.

If they sell Aria cheaply, then Taxi/fleet operators will floak in happily use this rugged vehicles to the extreme and subsequently create issues for TATA brand and future plans for premium segment vehicles
-There is a way to sell cars in huge number and yet stay away from taxi/fleet operators, M&M seemed to have got this strategy bang on currect in their pricing and positioning of XUV500, TATA has got a lot to learn from mahindra on how to sell your products.

-That said TATA have time after time proved the naysayers wrong, and i know tata have got some fabulous brains in their portfolio, and after the success of XUV they will find a way to sell Aria in decent no. without dilluting it as a taxi brand, don't worry mate it will remain a premium product come what may.

- Even though people are going gaga over XUV all reviews are pointing fingure at the inside plastic quality, while when Aria was launched people including all mahindra fanboys like SIRISH Chandran and all said that the quality is top notch, their only grouse was that it was overpriced.

-By the way it has been 11 months since the launch of Tata ARIA and yes it hasn't put sales chart on fire like the XUV, but ever so silently tatas have managed to sell more than 3000 ARIAS till date,now you may ask that what's so special in that ,the xuv will perhaps notch this figure in one month, but folks remember that ARIA was launched at a price point that was almost 3 lac rupees more than Xuv, and in that price point even stronger car manufacturers like Hyundai, and SUZUKI have not been able to sell their products, so considering that , i think ARIA can be considered as a successful product for tata , also remember that no one and i mean no one has said any negative things about ARIA (except its price)and tata seemed to have got the quality and reliability right from the word go, which is a massive achievement by them.[clap]

- I heartily congratulate them for launching a super quality and super reliable product like Aria, and hope that they re-position it to take upon competition,
folks thanks at bearing with me, please suggest tata how they can improve ARIA as a product and how they can enhance its sale.CHEERS.[:)]

Even though i have no solid evidence but I feel Tata cars in segment are safer and robust than Mahindra or anybody else.
As a matter of fact I have seen Tata speaking about safety tests and robustness of thier product at many occasion . hence the additional price can be justified to a great extend.
I do not believe in airbag numbers and electronic control.

Even though i have no solid evidence but I feel Tata cars in segment are safer and robust than Mahindra or anybody else.
As a matter of fact I have seen Tata speaking about safety tests and robustness of thier product at many occasion . hence the additional price can be justified to a great extend.
I do not believe in airbag numbers and electronic control.
Nor i have driven Aria or XUV5OO, neither you might have drove XUV.
Then how can you say that XUV is inferior product.

This product was being launched simultaneously in South Africa.
Without crash test,how would have they accepted.
I have seen the test video during launch which was being aired online, the car has been tested in icy conditions, and even i could see the crash test.

Hardly after a year of launch of Aria i have come across only few of them here in Bangalore.
I haven't seen Aria being launched in other nations.

Your joke cannot be true.

Manza is a good vehicle and is selling well. Also Manza is reliable.
It is not the market leader because Swift Dzire is from Maruti and they have established themselves in the market.
well, i will be honest. I have not seen much with the manza but yes, my uncle has a vista quadrajet (manza without boot?) & its giving him a tough time. although he claims that he is fine with it & "being a TATA, problems are expected", i know for sure that he is very irritated with the product since just a week ago, he was asking me the price of new swift ZXi & resale value of his 13 months old vista.

but folks remember that ARIA was launched at a price point that was almost 3 lac rupees more than Xuv, and in that price point even stronger car manufacturers like Hyundai, and SUZUKI have not been able to sell their products, so considering that , i think ARIA can be considered as a successful product for tata
Arre, then think about the Fortuner! It costs a whopping 25 lacs, doesnt have 1/4th the features of Aria, still manages to sell much much more... yes, i know - the "T" tag !!!

also remember that no one and i mean no one has said any negative things about ARIA (except its price)and tata seemed to have got the quality and reliability right from the word go, which is a massive achievement by them.[clap]
I can tell you negatives of Aria except the price -

1) Poor low end torque from the good enough 140 bhp engine
2) Last row seat poorer than XUV!
3) GPS navigation is a headache to use, basically useless
4) looks like an overgrown vista!

olks thanks at bearing with me, please suggest tata how they can improve ARIA as a product and how they can enhance its sale.CHEERS.[:)]
1) reduce price by 3.5 lakhs
2) change tuning or gearing to improve low end performance
3) push 3rd row seat further back to liberate more legroom

Thats it!

This product was being launched simultaneously in South Africa.
Without crash test,how would have they accepted.
The XUV500 has passed Euro NCAP rating, this is a confirmed news.

Then how can you say that XUV is inferior product.
I did not mean it anywhere.

Xuv is excellent product as per the reviews.

Even though not for looks but for over all product I appreciate Mahindra and XUV500.
and will vote 100 percent against any other car in segment.

ps:Sometime i feel Xuv is mix of Prado and Bolero. it do not have a genuine appeal.

well, i will be honest. I have not seen much with the manza but yes, my uncle has a vista quadrajet (manza without boot?) & its giving him a tough time. although he claims that he is fine with it & "being a TATA, problems are expected", i know for sure that he is very irritated with the product since just a week ago, he was asking me the price of new swift ZXi & resale value of his 13 months old vista.

Arre, then think about the Fortuner! It costs a whopping 25 lacs, doesnt have 1/4th the features of Aria, still manages to sell much much more... yes, i know - the "T" tag !!!

I can tell you negatives of Aria except the price -

1) Poor low end torque from the good enough 140 bhp engine
2) Last row seat poorer than XUV!
3) GPS navigation is a headache to use, basically useless
4) looks like an overgrown vista!

1) reduce price by 3.5 lakhs
2) change tuning or gearing to improve low end performance
3) push 3rd row seat further back to liberate more legroom

Thats it!

The XUV500 has passed Euro NCAP rating, this is a confirmed news.
Raj buddy you are right about most things , i only differ your opinion about looks , vista or manza looka like or not i love the ARIA for its sheer classy and sophisticated looks, that amazing mean front ,coupled with the swooping third pillar has kept me drooling for one (gosh!!when will that day come when the Xover gets his Xover).
Also about drive , Aria is not like ford fiesta where it will move forward in lower gears instantly, but drive her over 2000 rpm and she's a rocket trust me.
Third row was good enough for me (with middle row pushed forward) for a 2 hour long journey in ARIA, also note that all of us on board passengers kept our luggage in the boot and not on the top, it gives ARIA an uncanny advantage over its rivals, and by the way i am 5'8".
Yes of course XUV is crash worthy, but why mahindra have not shown the ratings like tata, who showed that aria scored 4 star ratings in E NCAP.

Dont Mind but from most of your posts it seems that, you have Hate TATA policy!
Your Uncle is having troubles with Vista but he doesn't want to disclose WHY?? he asks you the price of swift that means Vista is nowhere?
There are many instance that every model of each manufacturer has reported problems, You must have seen the Infamous Punto photograph- quoting "If you want to live in hell, Buy Punto!" does that means Punto is bad product. IMHO absolutely not, I like it as I like Vista.Some one started a website named myetios.com and reported hundreds of problem, does that stopped the sales of Etios. I was Planning to buy Etios but it was not available in Diesel. Companies just not assemble cars and sell it, they spend thousands of man hours on engineering them. Typical Indian mentality is whatever made in India is of poor quality and anything with a foreign badge is always good!

Problem with a particular car may arise due to poor driving skills, less or zero knowledge about automotive, negligence etc. Though there may be problems during manufacturing and some of them escape the quality check due to Human errors! It may happen with Toyota or Tata. But if it happens with Tata it is always much spoken! Since it is Indian brand!

Many cars, Etios, Liva, Spark have the meter console/MID in center of dashboard, but when it comes to Vista- Immediately Tata is a stupid designer!

Regarding TATA ASS- its a common statement of any Tom, dick and Harry that Tata ASS is very bad.
What exactly they do to be called as so Bad?
As far as I have experienced , I did not find any difference between Maruti and Tata service!

Regarding looks it is always Subjective, Some lady may get Chosen as Miss World but that does not mean that everyone in the world will like her!

When talking about cars people use more heart than brain! Everyone feels that whatever he possessed/ liked is the only best in the world.

Top Bottom