Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Comprehensive Road Test Review

My aria is -14 days old,coz am getting its delivery by 24th,heheee!anyway its prestige 4b4 grey
Wow one new Tata Aria in our forum,let me the first person on this forum to congratulate you [:)],but one question when the entire nation is going crazy after Mahindra Xuv, what made you go for Aria?Also try to post your ownership review to help others to know how good a vehicle Aria really is.Cheers. [cheers]

Ohh xovy! thanks.Yea I decided its aria but XUV launch gave me lots of troubled mind making me think which one to go for but I always prefr'd to stay unique in some way and definitely XUV wins w.r.t price,engine,techs etc but its unmatched with Aria's premium looks and presence.For me XUV has wide mouth and very thin side profile and the wheelbase is no match for its front look.I get a top end XUV at 15L and ARIA mid variant at 17L but am still happy with Aria coz I get wider,longer space with luggage area

Ohh xovy! thanks.Yea I decided its aria but XUV launch gave me lots of troubled mind making me think which one to go for but I always prefr'd to stay unique in some way and definitely XUV wins w.r.t price,engine,techs etc but its unmatched with Aria's premium looks and presence.For me XUV has wide mouth and very thin side profile and the wheelbase is no match for its front look.I get a top end XUV at 15L and ARIA mid variant at 17L but am still happy with Aria coz I get wider,longer space with luggage area
You hit the nail on the head, Xuv first of all looks hideous, second it has got literally no boot space, and after some time you may even see plethora of XUVs running on road with yellow number plates just like Xylo, Scorpio.Aria will remain premium and unique,and it will continue to turn heads years after now,IMO.

BTW: Xovy thats a cool name you have given me mate. I wish you to have amazing ownership experience of your suave beast for the years to come.

Regards.

Yess!Xovy is quiet a cool name rite,I am used to call people with my own way and I choose what strikes at that second.Actually My 1st preference was safari,I did TD in 2010 Oct and thought I will wait for merlin and am still waiting.In the mean time,I almost did research study for two reasons,one am mad behind cars and next I want to buy a car that will be with me like our Good old Amby's do.Fortuner,Endevour,captiva,cruze,aria these were in my list and after several discussions here and my personal opinion and TD i ditched 1 by 1 and arrived to Aria.Even today I heard from one of its owner who left a positive story in Aria's website that he feels cheated now after 1 year but I have also heard good ones from members like Cool dhaya! so it was like balanced with + and - but whatever it may be My requirement is high ground clearance,elevated driving position,huge space and to accommodate at least 5 happily and considering below 20L there is no match for what aria offers,If i got to have peace of mind of toyota I should spend 26L i rather spend that money peacefully and still be happy with what I have.Everything is fake here-foruner is like keeping a Benz body on a truck and still claiming a benz price,Endeavour is a shame-literally a truck on luxuy body and not even a reverse camera when u spend 21 L,captiva i liked but not what the space it gave,so I just convince myself that everything has its bad side but let me enjoy the good side and so its Aria

Yes!true with what you tell.XUV is not appealing for me.People go crazy for its price say what starting 10.88-12L ex-sh but its not looking SUV'sh or offering MUV'sh comfort interms of space and utility.so its like caught in between safari/scorpio and innova but it wants price higher than safari/scorpio so otherwise its actually expensive for its class which I think nobody understands.May be when merlin is launched its right to decide if its pricey or a grab.

Yes!true with what you tell.XUV is not appealing for me.People go crazy for its price say what starting 10.88-12L ex-sh but its not looking SUV'sh or offering MUV'sh comfort interms of space and utility.so its like caught in between safari/scorpio and innova but it wants price higher than safari/scorpio so otherwise its actually expensive for its class which I think nobody understands.May be when merlin is launched its right to decide if its pricey or a grab.
Yes Merlin is going to be one hell of a car when it is going to be launched, I am told by my sources that Land Rover has played major role in its development, though it may not look as classy as current Safari.

BTW:Can you post some pics of your ride :please:

Xovy!we gona make the payment fully in a days time,please tell me is my decision right with aria.i am really worried that i should not regret after an year.if i skip aria my next option will be old safari top end coz i cant wait for merlin any more

My sudden worry is coz yday in aria's facebook i had read the post of a member who feels cheated and regret after an year but he did not mention whether its in terms of the machine or service,if its service i dont mind but if the machine itself goes wrong i had to worry

Xovy!we gona make the payment fully in a days time,please tell me is my decision right with aria.i am really worried that i should not regret after an year.if i skip aria my next option will be old safari top end coz i cant wait for merlin any more
My sudden worry is coz yday in aria's facebook i had read the post of a member who feels cheated and regret after an year but he did not mention whether its in terms of the machine or service,if its service i dont mind but if the machine itself goes wrong i had to worry
See buddy, I am not a TATA fanboy & I would be a little blunt on this one. Being a TATA, DO NOT expect a trouble free journey with the Aria. Be prepared for atleast some minor problems here & there. Its not a toyota!

At the same time, I have not read any bad reviews about the Aria anywhere. My uncle owns one, he is also pretty satisfied with the car, but his is fairly new & so we cant judge.

Aria, even though it has been in the market for quite a long time, has sold in only limited numbers, hence reviews (positive or negative) will be rare on any forum. As far as your decision is concerned, one thing I would like to say - if your other choice is the safari, close your eyes & buy the Aria. its a much better car than the safari & hopefully more reliable too.

See, I own a Punto which I bought rejecting many successful cars like i20, swift & Polo. Because I believe you should follow your heart when it comes to cars. Dont buy what others feel is good for you!

If your heart says Aria, go for it. if it does give any issues, you will have to live with it. else if you buy any other car, you MAY repent that you dint buy your dream car.

The only issue, as of now, I feel with Aria is resale value & questionable (unknown) reliability.

Hii Raj,that was realy wow! for me coz since morning I been like swinging in between but yes what you tell is true,I decided its Aria coz its of course my dream car but when i hear some negative's I get a fear of it and seek support.Anyways as you said I either spend 26L and get toyota and have peace of mind or buy what I admire and live with it.Your opinion has done a lot of help,thanks.I will go with it!

Hii Raj,that was realy wow! for me coz since morning I been like swinging in between but yes what you tell is true,I decided its Aria coz its of course my dream car but when i hear some negative's I get a fear of it and seek support.Anyways as you said I either spend 26L and get toyota and have peace of mind or buy what I admire and live with it.Your opinion has done a lot of help,thanks.I will go with it!
No worries mate, two of my friends have got Aria 4x4 and they are immensly satisfied,so don't worry at all , infact in 2 yrs down the road your dear Xovy will also look to add Aria in his portfolio.Currently I own Indica XETA and even after 5 yrs of our purchase our entire family is immensly pleased with the car,so my next car also will be a TATA and definitely ARIA.[thumbsup]

BTW: I thought that you have already taken delivery of your Aria on 24th sep :stupid: now I think that you are waiting for auspicious day of DANTERAS, so have a smooth and happy delivery process, cheers.

Aria is a very good car. As said by Raj, go with your heart but keep your mind open with +ves and -ves of the car that you are going to buy.

Many in my family discouraged me from buying Scorpio but I went ahead. I enjoy every bit of it with occasional niggles/troubles from it. Now, they also enjoy it [:D]

My neighbour, uncle and another relative - all bought a Scorpio after looking/experiencing my "Beast" [clap]

Hiii Sudharsan,thanks that you all come to help ma trouble mind.Yes its true with what you said.Let me buy what my heart says

Hiii Xovy! what a timing,been waiting for your post.Know what as I read through your post it was like glucosing ma tired mind and now its trouble free.Its not just about giving opinion but its more like moral support for ma mind.
Hey its not 24th sept its 24th of October and I am proceeding with it.Xovy you r really groovy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi karthickramu,

Postings in Face Book do not hold much substance.

Many of those postings are impulse nature and shows the state of the mind of the poster at that instant.

Also a possibility that the poster is referring to the launch of 2WD Aria or the launch of XUV5oo at a lower price range.

Top Bottom