Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Comprehensive Road Test Review

@ Mayankjha I think you are not used to driving SUV'S! The Aria is a breeze to drive in the highways , city driving almost all SUV'S are difficult to drive due to its size. And Cmon you cannot expect the performance of a Cruze or a Laura from an Aria , SUV'S have their own negatives too! Don think i am supporting Aria just because i own one! Aria is arguably the best car ever from TATA , its worth every penny!
Apologies, i didnt mean its a bad car per se, yes its best from Tata, the internal quality of switches etc is best i have ever seem from Tata, and from what its offering at that price point its unique and no one else is offering the same. I was just sharing my opinion and why i dropped Aria from the list. It applies to only me (and yes maybe i am used to Petrols more)

i think fortuner cost around 23-24 lakh??

then why should we compare it with aria.

and yeti is comparitively much smaller than aria !!

one wont buy yeti instead of aria.

imo aria should be compared to aria lookalikes in similar segments .

i feel aria could be rated better with Ford endeavour.
Now the real competition is coming in form of MAHINDRA XUV.But there are three things that beat the life out of me.
1/ Why is that every good tata product is hunted down by a crappy MAHINDRA [evil] ,example being
SCORPIO>SAFARI
BOLERO>VICTA
XYLO>GRANDE
SO I AM PRETTY CONVINCED THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD A PRODUCT ARIA IS, XUV WILL OUTSELL IT BY 4 TIMES.

2/Why even after arrival of 4X2 ARIA which starts at just 11.6 lack rupees TATA are unable to sell 1000 units per month,if this is the state now perhaps then after the arrival of XUV, ARIA may have to "REST IN PEACE".
3/ Why ther is not a detailed review of ARIA 4X2 IN THIS WONDERFUL FORUM [frustration]
I HOPE MODS ARE LISTENING

THE XOVER

Now the real competition is coming in form of MAHINDRA XUV.But there are three things that beat the life out of me.
1/ Why is that every good tata product is hunted down by a crappy MAHINDRA [evil] ,example being
SCORPIO>SAFARI
BOLERO>VICTA
XYLO>GRANDE
SO I AM PRETTY CONVINCED THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD A PRODUCT ARIA IS, XUV WILL OUTSELL IT BY 4 TIMES.

THE XOVER
Hey Xover, if you mean Mahindra products are crappy, then they are outselling more than it's competitors.
Mahindra's product are built to last.
If it would have been crappy you wouldn't have seen so many M&M products on road.
Each are better in their own way.
I don't want to further comment on TATA vs M&M.

Last edited:

1/ Why is that every good tata product is hunted down by a crappy MAHINDRA ,example being
SCORPIO>SAFARI
BOLERO>VICTA
XYLO>GRANDE
Tata ace-mahindra maximo
tata venture-something is coming up

@The xover , you hit the nail at right spot.
One of the worst attitude of Mahindra is mumbaiyagiri or dadagiri.
I have no respect towards Mahindra as an Indian automotive manufacturer due to above mentioned reasons.
They can be nominated as copycat of Indian automotive industry.
Source :I have a close friend who works in design section of Mahindra .

Same as in music industry plagiarist becomes millionaires overnight stealing somebody's lyrics ,music and tunes; so unfortunate.

I dont think it is justified to call Mahindra as crappy or likes. IMO every other manufacturer is in the market to make profits and whats the issue if M&M has launched rivals against every product of Tata. M&M has always concentrated on the SUV/pickup and commercial lines and the company is continuing the same. If M&M were copycats, wont they have tried to capture the Indica segment too?

Friends please don't be OT and discus Aria only [:)]
Let Tata and M&M compete against each other after all we all are going to get benefit of it.

@ ZINAM & 350Z:

MODS When can we expect a detailed official TAI test review of 4X2 Tata Aria:please:

REGARDS
THE XOVER

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended

What exactly do you want in a detailed 4X2 review?

It is just a 2WD Aria, and everything is the same.

What exactly do you want in a detailed 4X2 review?

It is just a 2WD Aria, and everything is the same.
Nope everything is not the same, for eg: 4x2 is 200 odd kg lighter, it does not meet the European safety norms, interiors have different colour scheme,so it would be nice to get perspective of our knowledgable MODS out here, if not anything MODS please arrange a shoot out between INNOVA G and ARIA PURE because now Aria is priced bang on [cheers] in INNOVA territory.
ZINAM 350Z PLEASE RESPOND:please:

350Z

Core Team

2/Why even after arrival of 4X2 ARIA which starts at just 11.6 lack rupees TATA are unable to sell 1000 units per month
The pricing of Tata Aria lies on an edge, due to which it competes in multiple segments from a typical buyer’s perspective, regardless of whatever Tata Motors is marketing it to be. The first segment is Toyota Innova territory and second falls under full fledged SUVs. Now, because Aria looks more or less like a MUV – The buyers of MUV segment choose Innova, thanks to premium and reliable badge of Toyota and significant price difference between two. On the other hand, buyers of SUV segment are maybe not ready to accept that after paying an hefty sum, why should one not be getting a car with looks of a proper SUV? That’s because this is such a segment where buyers are not only concerned over VFM but other aspects such as design and brand image also. So finally, rest of the buyers who are able to overlook these facts form the overall sales of Aria albeit a little.

ZINAM 350Z PLEASE RESPOND
Please note that the delay in reviews is because we are in process of hiring a new road tester. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys TATA needs to do something to revive the sales of ARIA ,and now after the arrival of XUV the competition is only going to get intense.So here are some of my suggestions to TATA MOTORS :
1) Aria needs a more powerful engine ,like 180 hp engine; what say Gurus.

2) a 6 speed manual gearbox would be nice.

3)tata are coming with improved rear looks of vista and manza ,what about adding some pep to ARIA's bland rear design

4) standard roof rails

5)beautiful shades like ferrari red and infinity blue

6)full beige interior on top model

7) better handling at higher speeds on ghat section

hell I am running out of ideas GURUS at tai please give your valuable advice to tata, who knows in future you may be an aria customer [angel]

170 HP twin turbo XUV 5OO is already on cards for M&M fans, hope it would be giving a healthy competition to TATA.
It would not only be powerful, but fuel efficient too.

170 HP twin turbo XUV 5OO is already on cards for M&M fans, hope it would be giving a healthy competition to TATA.
It would not only be powerful, but fuel efficient too.
actually current m hawk scorpio engine is well capable of churning out 140 ps but mahindra did not had the gearbox to provide that kind of power ,but now because of ssanyong takeover they get access to 6 speed daimler gearbox and also 2.7 lt 170 ps engine.
As far as taking the fight to ARIA ,man it only sells 200 odd units per month, mahindra better take the fight to FORTUNER to gain some substantial volume in this segment. :lol!:

Last edited by a moderator:

You are right XUV 5OO is being targeted against Fortuner customers, its what the manger had to say during the recent chat during my service.

Top Bottom