Your report gives more weight to Aria now.
What about negatives?
Yes Raj the car is damn heavy and no wonder the Captiva performed so well in mt TD reaching 100kmph in no time! I wonder how the Cruze will be now with the same engine and a lighter body!!!
yes, the captiva & fortuner has a better power-to-weight ratio.
good review but dont compare with CRV! raj..being mahindra lover. mention some negatives of aria also.
sure, since you asked for it!
The first negative i can guess from Raj is cheap plastics used all over the car at some places!
Nah, i am not too finicky about plastics unless & until its downright cheap!
The negatives of Aria:
1) The engine is not a great performer, i would expect something better than safari if i am paying more.
2) The centre display screen was very bad, in the sense, it felt very 1990ish.
3) I found the footwell to be cramped & the pedal placement to be awkward. I wear a size 11 show & forget a dead pedal, it dint even have space besides the clutch pedal to rest my left foot. only option is to ride the clutch or drag your feet behind everytime.
4) Access to the third row was very difficult. My friend who is 5'8" tall had a tough time getting in & out of that seat. also legroom was tight. me being 6'2", i dint even try!
5) Fitting of the wheel arches on the TD vehicle was bad, it had ugly panel gaps, not expected in a 16 lakh vehicle.
6) i saw the base 'pleasure' variant with beige fabric seats. it had wood inserts which looked very very fake & cheap, totally like an aftermarket fitment. black & black or black & plum is a better choice but is not available in base variant.