Tata Aria Pride Ownership Review @ 2 Years and 54K Kms

Re: Tata Aria Pride Ownership Review @ 1 Year and 25k Kms

Saw your Aria standing outside your house. Man it looks Huuuugee!:eek: And white is the best colour for Aria as far as i know.

Can you post some more pics from outside to show sun film from different angles? Still I am confused to select which one to go for!

Thread Starter #348

@ Mukesh Yeah buddy those 2 toll booths and the last toll booth before entering Chennai were worst with traffic pile up!

@ Ilango Yeah dad is an SUV lover , he loves big cars! All the cars we bought has not let us down with breakdowns. Sierra for 1.5L KMS , Safari for 1L KMS and now Aria , so far so good*touchwod! Modern day CRDI engines are extremely fuel efficient.

@ Jerwin Thanks buddy , Aria looks good in black also but sadly not many people choose black in our country.

@gdave Give me some time buddy , will post soon.

Thanks Mukesh , it's because of our business we are clocking so much KMS in a short span.

BTW yesterday afternoon dad suddenly came and said i am going to Bangalore by car now are you coming? Who would decline an opportunity to drive the Aria in an highway that too Chennai-Bangalore and back the same day![:D]

Started from home at 2:30PM and hit the highway around 3PM and reached Bangalore around 7:30PM. Dad wanted to stay and start the next day morning but i insisted we will leave back to Chennai after our work![evil] So hit the highway around 10PM from Bangalore and reached home around 2:30PM.

The FE i got was 15kmpl with 3 people on board and top speed of 120kmph and 100% AC ON , average speed was around 90kmph. So i think FE is good enough. Never felt any tiredness even after driving 750KMS , after a good sleep i am ready and back to normal now. I am sure if it was my Verna i would not be in this condition now. Aria is a perfect highway cruiser and mile muncher , neither me nor my dad and his friend felt any fatigue or tiredness.
Looks like you got lucky. I always fancy trips like that, where our purpose is just to drive, drive and drive. And cruising is the best fun one could get out of any vehicle.

Dhaya,

Today i saw your Aria at Medavakkam koot road. Your Aria looks gaint in White color..

Dhaya its been a while we are waiting for the updates on your Aria and Jetta.

Give us a long review..[:)]

During Pondy meet, I asked the status of Aria to Dhaya.

He said, Aria completed 45K without any major problem.

Thread Starter #356

Wow now it's a long time since i updated this thread too , had to scroll back to see which was the last update i posted! Now before i start ,

@ Appu and Maranprashanth The reason you guys see my aria most at those places is because our construction sites are located there. And no my dad is NOT a politician! We just love white SUV'S and sadly anybody with an white SUV is considered a politician these days!

Now to start with our Aria has completed just a little over 2 years with us , around 54k KMS in the ODO now and still going strong no major issues! Just got a few more dents and scratches here and there , FE is still excellent will put many other SUV'S to shame! We just completed the 45k KMS service few months back and all our free service is over now , the bill was 15k( Aria uses full synthetic oil for 8Lts that itself comes around 8k and the remaining goes for differential oil , various filters , gear oil change etc). The beast is nearing the 60k KMS service now. Changed four tyres from Goodyear to Pirelli at 40k KMS , each tyre costed 18k!! Pirelli's are much better than Goodyear in terms of grip but road noise is still there!

In the meantime in addition to the other warranty claims i have made before i have made these also.

1. Coolant tank leak , entire set was replaced under warranty.
2. Front right side lower arm bearing was replaced , they said it was faulty. Dont know if it was a recall or really it was faulty.
3. Driver side power windows entire set was replaced , The power window buttons starting breaking one by one. They said they will change the entire set under warranty.

Apart from this the AC gas was refueled and all the vents were cleaned and disinfected for free. TATA is never fussy about the warranty and so they gladly oblige and change all the parts which can be covered under warranty.

And so now am i satisfied with the Aria , will i suggest it for somebody?

Well the answer depends on what kind of person you are. If you are a no non-sense kinda guy and reliability is your top priority then don't even consider the Aria. Yes it won't give you major expensive repair bills or mechanical parts failure but the small niggling issues will keep haunting you ( Just look at all the entire list of things i have changed under warranty till now).
On the other hand if all you want is a big comfortable SUV which has decent road manners and good FE plus loaded with features then Aria is a perfect choice! With the discounts now given by the dealers the Aria is a goof VFM purchase now.

I have said it before and i am saying it again , TATA makes excellent cars their A.S.S only pull them down!

In the end i am very happy with the car apart from minor niggling issues , no major failures and no breakdowns. The Aria still turns heads while on the streets. [cheers]

PS: Mods please change the thread title accordingly.

hey cooldhaya,long time no see.

glad to see, you taking the time out and updating on all the events with you aria.

Great Dhaya,

Happy to see that your Aria competed 2yrs without any major issue.

Even I'm considering Aria as a option in my next purchase, but not in near future.

Hope to see your Aria in any future meet.

@Dhaya : Good to see some updates after a long time.

Hope you get some time and keep us updated, yes with the pics too.

Now that you have a SLR.[:)]

Congrats on clocking 54k kms on Aria.

Top Bottom