Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira (Completed 51000 Kms)

Don’t expect to have comfort in last row like innova and the xilo.
The aria has a lot better seat then the other competitors.
Yes you can slide the middle seat to provide good amount of legroom to the last seat.
To answer your question. Two adults can sit comfortably in the back row. Again not as comfortable like innova and the xilo.
Feel free to contact me for any clarifications.
I own manza, i feel it offers best ride quality, after Aria TD, ARIA is the only vehicle which can beat manza, not the storme as its stiffer. Its my opinion.

Don’t expect to have comfort in last row like innova and the xilo.
The aria has a lot better seat then the other competitors.
Yes you can slide the middle seat to provide good amount of legroom to the last seat.
To answer your question. Two adults can sit comfortably in the back row. Again not as comfortable like innova and the xilo.
Feel free to contact me for any clarifications.
Sorry to say this, but I traveled in an Innova last week for 100km seated in 3rd which was really cramped leg room for me and I just jumped out immediately when car stopped after 100km[cry] and don't know about Xylo 3rd row

I also taught the same, thanks a lot.
While checking the last row leg room we should not always pull the 2nd row completely back and test, instead we should pull it to create comfortable 2nd row legroom and see how much is left for 3rd row which makes more sense[:)]

While checking the last row leg room we should not always pull the 2nd row completely back and test, instead we should pull it to create comfortable 2nd row legroom and see how much is left for 3rd row which makes more sense[:)]
If you thought of jumping out of innova then no doubt you will jump out of aria by just looking at the back row. When we talk about the last row comforts. The first place goes to xylo and the second goes to the innova.

If you thought of jumping out of innova then no doubt you will jump out of aria by just looking at the back row. When we talk about the last row comforts. The first place goes to xylo and the second goes to the innova.
i assume so, but will check out innova and aria seating both this weekend. Thank you guys for the reply.

I have an other query, In my manza the steering vibrates while braking after 100kmph, is it same with aria ??
That problem was there in aria 2012 models. Mine is 2013 model and no such problems even on 180KMH.
You can check on my thread for the photo. And am sure that I will have the same ride experience on 200KMH too!

I dont think Manzas steering vibrating when braking at 100 kmph is a common occurrence. This is called brake shudder. It is due to damaged discs. Change it. Problem solved.

I dont have a problem stopping from higher speeds in my Sumo Grande. No steering vibrations when accelerating, cruising or braking. Get your discs changed and get rid of the problem.

When it comes to 3rd row, Innova and Xylo is the best. Innova offers decent space with decent ride (but it bottoms out easily) and Xylo offers excellent space but with below average ride.

Aria, XUV, Storme, Ertiga, etc. are not fit for humans. If at all they are, only people below 5'5" can sit there.

Thread Starter #312
Hi guys,
There is no issue in braking even at 130 - 140 kmph.
Last row is comfortable only to passengers with average height below 5 feet and BMI less than 25.

Minor Update:
Vehicle has run around 56000 kms and no issues faced in last 30000 kms or so.
Vehicle is running fine but from last few days engine noise/ vibration has increased a bit. Although a bit, but for me that's a concern, maybe its time to go for early service or a new CAR,
wait and watch this thread for more.

Although, I have make up my mind due to ever increasing fuel prices and my KMS running (now at 3500 per month). Lets see what options are there in market

I have shortlisted the followings in order of preference: Kindly provide your inputs too.

1.) SX4 DDiS: Good MASS, country wide dealer network, no problems in spares, high ground clearance, trusted 1.3 engine, good resale value. Negative is less power and less brand value
2.) Skoda Rapid: Good features, pliant ride quality, now top model (MI14) is having projector headlamps and other goodies which were missing in last models, a very good payment scheme. Negative is ASS and parts availability.
3.) VW Vento: Almost same as Rapid but a bit better ASS and spares availability and less resale value.
4.) Linea Mjet: same as SX4 but ASS and parts availability is poor.
5.) Hyundai Verna: a very good car, but low ground clearance and rear seating is not comfortable.

Kindly suggest and provide your views in the following thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-under-10l-urgent-buy-10-days.html#post352111

Hi guys,
There is no issue in braking even at 130 - 140 kmph.
Last row is comfortable only to passengers with average height below 5 feet and BMI less than 25.

Minor Update:
Vehicle has run around 56000 kms and no issues faced in last 30000 kms or so.
Vehicle is running fine but from last few days engine noise/ vibration has increased a bit. Although a bit, but for me that's a concern, maybe its time to go for early service or a new CAR,
wait and watch this thread for more.

Although, I have make up my mind due to ever increasing fuel prices and my KMS running (now at 3500 per month). Lets see what options are there in market

I have shortlisted the followings in order of preference: Kindly provide your inputs too.

1.) SX4 DDiS: Good MASS, country wide dealer network, no problems in spares, high ground clearance, trusted 1.3 engine, good resale value. Negative is less power and less brand value
2.) Skoda Rapid: Good features, pliant ride quality, now top model (MI14) is having projector headlamps and other goodies which were missing in last models, a very good payment scheme. Negative is ASS and parts availability.
3.) VW Vento: Almost same as Rapid but a bit better ASS and spares availability and less resale value.
4.) Linea Mjet: same as SX4 but ASS and parts availability is poor.
5.) Hyundai Verna: a very good car, but low ground clearance and rear seating is not comfortable.

Kindly suggest and provide your views in the following thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-under-10l-urgent-buy-10-days.html#post352111
1. No for SX4, please dont buy SX4 it is a market dud and power is not enough, my manza feels more powerful.

2.Rapid can be avoided as the ASS in Bangalore must be shameless as my cousin is facing many issues. they ram the car everywhere in the service centre. car can be stuck in ASS for many days as skoda has less skilled professionals.

3. Can be suggested as i have seen decent service.

4. Linea - NO

5. Verna can be suggested as the customer satisfaction is guaranteed.

Are u selling your aria ??? or just an alternative ??

Thread Starter #314
1. No for SX4, please dont buy SX4 it is a market dud and power is not enough, my manza feels more powerful.

2.Rapid can be avoided as the ASS in Bangalore must be shameless as my cousin is facing many issues. they ram the car everywhere in the service centre. car can be stuck in ASS for many days as skoda has less skilled professionals.

3. Can be suggested as i have seen decent service.

4. Linea - NO

5. Verna can be suggested as the customer satisfaction is guaranteed.

Are u selling your aria ??? or just an alternative ??
I have sold my aria, its just the matter of time that the buyer loan approvals and other things taking place.

But verna has very low GC doesn't support my nature of work otherwise a very good and capable car.

I have zeroed on SX4, rapid and vento

I have sold my aria, its just the matter of time that the buyer loan approvals and other things taking place.

But verna has very low GC doesn't support my nature of work otherwise a very good and capable car.

I have zeroed on SX4, rapid and vento
Have driven SX4, its no match to rapid or vento, both rapid and vento have a very good power and handling with solidity. I suggest rapid or vento.

Here in Bangalore the skoda service is worst nightmare one can imagine.

Please check and decide, go for rapid or vento you will smile every time u drive the car.

One more thing, recently had a test drive of verna, it has linear turbo, which felt same as my manza.

Top Bottom