Tata Aria Pleasure 2014: Buying & Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
An update after a long long time.

Crossed 70K in 4 Years and 3 months. Still on stock bridgestone tyres with spare wheel being unused.

Apart from the regular maintenance have done the following recently
-Got a new battery-Exide 6 months back (63K KM).
-Last November, water pump stopped working. So pump was replaced along with timing belt. Pump was replaced in warranty whereas I had to bear the timing belt cost.
-Front brake pads were replaced at 60K.
-Rear brake pads were replaced at 45K when they still had some life left as we were driving to Ladakh last year.

I am averaging 13.13 KMPL since the time I bought Aria.
Screenshot_2018-07-16-15-44-53.png

Recently did a road trip to Garhwal region of Uttarakhand covering Rishikesh-Syalsaur-Rampur-Kedarnath-Ukhimath-Joshimath-Badrinath-Auli-Khirsu-Lansdowne over 2 weeks.

At GMVN Syalsaur
1.jpg

Past year was especially memorable with wildlife spotting from Aria. We have spotted Tiger cubs, Leopard, Bear, Wild Elephants, Indian Gaur and many more while being in Aria [:)]

Leopard sighting at Nagzira.
3.JPG

We were very lucky to follow the leopard for close to an hour. With no other car/tourist we had a fantastic sighting.
4.JPG

Sub adult tiger cubs at Tipeshwar
5.JPG

A family of elephants in the forest between Lansdowne and Kotdwara
6.JPG
7.JPG

Overall Aria is taking us places[;)].

A parting photo of Aria on the way to Maredumilli(Andhra Pradesh)
2.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Abhijeet,
It was great to read your reviews. Im also from hyderabad and have got myself a pre-worshipped Aria. Would like get in touch with the Aria owners here to better understand the vehicle and how can i refine my 7 year old engine. Do you guys meet anytime for a short get together or something?

Attachments

i'm proud to own tata grande and soon will add another tata 4wd very soon, but i must say the design of the aria is just gracious, more you touch and feel her, you just immersed in it, enjoy the ride.
For sure...

Congrats. That's a nicely maintained car, I must say. Do post more pics, please. What are the specs of these wheels?

Will create a different post soon for some pics and videos. Didn't want to hijack Abhijeet's thread. Looking for more Aria company in the city. Would be fun to discuss a aspects.

The tyres are the same stock size, its the alloys that makes the tyre to project a little outward. I kinda like the look of it.

Thread Starter #81
Hi Abhijeet,
It was great to read your reviews. Im also from hyderabad and have got myself a pre-worshipped Aria. Would like get in touch with the Aria owners here to better understand the vehicle and how can i refine my 7 year old engine. Do you guys meet anytime for a short get together or something?
Good to know a fellow Aria owner from hyderabad. Your car looks very well maintained for a 7 year own. Can you share the variant detail and if you dont mind how much you got it for? I have been servicing my car at Concorde sanathnagar and try to follow the maintenance as per user manual.
I just know one ARIA owner in hyderabad with whom I am in contact, but there are no ARIA owners groups in Hyderabad that I am part off. If you happen to come across one, please include me.
With so little Aria's on the road, Aria owners are fairly lonely people. [;)]

Sorry for the late response. Yes. It was a fairly maintained vehicle. Got it for 4L. Had to give it a 3m polishing/waxing treatment, changed the clutch plates and few other niggles. I have serviced it at tejaswi motors. They charge 8.5k for general service. Oil change, all filter change, etc. Do you think that is a reasonable amount? I have also been thinking about the ECU remap as mine is the 140 bhp model. But tejaswi motors has no clue about it. Do you think Concorde will know about the ECU remap?
I have couple of more checks pending, mileage is pretty low at under 10km/l. There is black a smoke when i accelerate harder. Few people have suggested on forums that an ecu remap fixes the black smoke problem.

Between, mine is a pleasure 4x4 model.

Sorry for the late response. Yes. It was a fairly maintained vehicle. Got it for 4L. Had to give it a 3m polishing/waxing treatment, changed the clutch plates and few other niggles. I have serviced it at tejaswi motors. They charge 8.5k for general service. Oil change, all filter change, etc. Do you think that is a reasonable amount? I have also been thinking about the ECU remap as mine is the 140 bhp model. But tejaswi motors has no clue about it. Do you think Concorde will know about the ECU remap?
8.5k should be pretty fair for Aria , how many kms was it ?
My Manza 60K km service cost was 6k (discount 1k was given for loyalty customer).

How much did 3M charge for Polish and Waxing ?

The car is 1L km old.

3m charged 10k for scratch removal and waxing. It comes with an additonal waxing and foam wash that can be done within a year.

Thread Starter #85
I have couple of more checks pending, mileage is pretty low at under 10km/l. There is black a smoke when i accelerate harder. Few people have suggested on forums that an ecu remap fixes the black smoke problem.

8.5 k is reasonable amount. I dont think concorde will know anything on ECU remap. You can confirm with Vittal at Concorde Sanathnagar about black smoke. He is fairly knowledgable about Aria/Storme/Hexa.

bhvm

Honoured Member

1. TASC will not give any input on remaps. Approach Petes or Other such tuners for remaps. There are many options these days. Choose wisely.

2. Remap will not solve smoking. If anything, Remapped cars smoke a little more than stock. Smoke could be due to dirty EGR. Get it checked at TASC.

3. Drive the car atleast 10k Kms and solve all underlying problems (esp engine) before going for a remap. You should have a spin-n-span engine for Remap. A remap on older/Weaker engine will accelerate issues.

4. 10 KMPL is pretty reasonable Mileage for such a beastly car. Safari also gives about 10~11 KMPL. So does Fortuner.

Last edited:
4. 10 KMPL is pretty reasonable Mileage for such a beastly car. Safari also gives about 10~11 KMPL. So does Fortuner.
Well my Storme gives 13kmpl on highway run. So calculated via tank full method max that I got was 13.6kmpl. In city the avg drops to 8-9 kmpl.

With regards to remap, one of my soul friends got his Storme remaped and he is enjoying it. the torque increase to about 380-390 NM and BHP increased to about 150-155 range.

He got it done thru some guy based out of Bangalore. So if you want I can try to get the details. However, what he now will do is he will have oil change every 6 months or so.

Thread Starter #88
Updating the thread after really long time -
Aria doing very well. Odo is at 1,18,000 KMs in 8 years.
Few minor issues - Power windows winder had to be replaced on 3 out of the 4 windows. An year ago the intercooler pipe had a crack and had to be changed.
Other than this nothing major to report. Following regular service schedule every 15K and changing the parts as per service manual.
Posting few snaps from our recent trip to Spiti last month.

1-min.jpg IMG_20220526_180542-min.jpg IMG_20220526_180555-min.jpg IMG_20220527_115623-min.jpg

Attachments

Top Bottom