Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update on my Friend's Altroz XE Rhythm Petrol MT.

The Car has finally landed at dealer. We did the PDI today and all seem well. Also got the invoicing and insurance done to enable process the loan from bank. The RTO work will be done post payment realization i.e either tomorrow or on Thursday. We plan to take delivery on Friday. Now the Pics of PDI done by me followed by the negotiations for Tyre upgrade and Alloys.

IMG-20210309-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210309-WA0001.jpg
20210309_150122.jpg
20210309_150136.jpg
20210309_152551.jpg
20210309_152624.jpg
IMG-20210309-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210309-WA0000.jpg

Ok now, in the PDI, I cranked the car and checked out the AC and its was damn effective. Being a warm afternoon 3pm it was the perfect time to check the AC effectiveness. Upon completing the documents for the loan processing, my friend asked SA for the total pricing of Tyre Upgrade alongwith the Alloys. They quoted 9247/- for 1 pc of 16 inch alloy which translates to 36K+ for the alloys followed by approx 10K for 16inch Tyres of Good Year (Post exchange of existing Bridgestone Eucopia 14in) from external vendor. So in total approx 47K for alloys & tyre. Two more accessories i.e trunk mat & corner protector for 3000/- so in total a expense of 50K. I told him to provide some discount to which he he gave a mere 3% and upon insistence raised it to 5%. I told him half of your accessories won't even have the price tag. He told they have part number for them, I told him but MRP may not be mentioned in most of them.

I wasn't convinced. The dealer accessories guy said 39K for Accessories + roughly 20K for new tyres (after exchange of existing ones). I was convinced my friend was about to get ripped off. I was made to talk to dealer's "Head" of Accessories who said a 16in Tyre would cost 8K / pc depending on brand. I told him point blank, I will give up the car's new rims & tyres + about 20K additional then what's the fun?? What's my saving on it? In 20K I can get 4 new Tyres of 5K each. He told me to inquire from their vendor.

I took the accessory guy and my friend to their vendor's shop and got estimate of 10K additional after exchange. I took him to BK Tyre (Lajpat Nagar) and finally we got the deal of 38K including HRS 16in Alloys + Good Year 16in Tyres. I had a great and reliable experience 7 years back with BK Tyres hence I suggested my friend to go there.

Now while returning, me & my friend were discussing about the alloys and the dealer's accessory guy was there too. My friend was a bit concerned about alloys cracking up. To this, the dealer guy said "we will give you a new alloy without charge if the company's alloy cracked." Immediately I said, the moment the alloys of OEM will crack, a survey report will be sent to TML and after proper inspection and referring of the report, It will said "The car had hit at an X-Angle, at Y-Speed and due to impact the alloys has cracked hence the owner is liable to bear the damage not the OEM"

Listening to this and to try and prove me wrong, the dealer's guy called up his showroom and asked about the warranty on the OEM alloys, he made an ass of himself as the dealer rejected on the call itself that there won't be any warranty on the crack of alloys. He confirmed for the 2nd time but same reply. So, finally, my friend gave up the idea of buying alloys from dealer along with the other accessories. In comparison to dealer, my friend saved approx 10K in open market w.r.t alloys & tyre(s).

I am happy atleast I was able to help him save some money. I am happy his wife will drive a 5 star rated car. I am happy to have helped a guy who gave me the 1st assembled desktop PC of my life 21 years ago.

Regards
Akash

Friends,

Update on my Friend's Altroz XE Rhythm Petrol MT.

The Car has finally landed at dealer. We did the PDI today and all seem well. Also got the invoicing and insurance done to enable process the loan from bank. The RTO work will be done post payment realization i.e either tomorrow or on Thursday. We plan to take delivery on Friday. Now the Pics of PDI done by me followed by the negotiations for Tyre upgrade and Alloys.

Ok now, in the PDI, I cranked the car and checked out the AC and its was damn effective. Being a warm afternoon 3pm it was the perfect time to check the AC effectiveness. Upon completing the documents for the loan processing, my friend asked SA for the total pricing of Tyre Upgrade alongwith the Alloys. They quoted 9247/- for 1 pc of 16 inch alloy which translates to 36K+ for the alloys followed by approx 10K for 16inch Tyres of Good Year (Post exchange of existing Bridgestone Eucopia 14in) from external vendor. So in total approx 47K for alloys & tyre. Two more accessories i.e trunk mat & corner protector for 3000/- so in total a expense of 50K. I told him to provide some discount to which he he gave a mere 3% and upon insistence raised it to 5%. I told him half of your accessories won't even have the price tag. He told they have part number for them, I told him but MRP may not be mentioned in most of them.

I wasn't convinced. The dealer accessories guy said 39K for Accessories + roughly 20K for new tyres (after exchange of existing ones). I was convinced my friend was about to get ripped off. I was made to talk to dealer's "Head" of Accessories who said a 16in Tyre would cost 8K / pc depending on brand. I told him point blank, I will give up the car's new rims & tyres + about 20K additional then what's the fun?? What's my saving on it? In 20K I can get 4 new Tyres of 5K each. He told me to inquire from their vendor.

I took the accessory guy and my friend to their vendor's shop and got estimate of 10K additional after exchange. I took him to BK Tyre (Lajpat Nagar) and finally we got the deal of 38K including HRS 16in Alloys + Good Year 16in Tyres. I had a great and reliable experience 7 years back with BK Tyres hence I suggested my friend to go there.

Now while returning, me & my friend were discussing about the alloys and the dealer's accessory guy was there too. My friend was a bit concerned about alloys cracking up. To this, the dealer guy said "we will give you a new alloy without charge if the company's alloy cracked." Immediately I said, the moment the alloys of OEM will crack, a survey report will be sent to TML and after proper inspection and referring of the report, It will said "The car had hit at an X-Angle, at Y-Speed and due to impact the alloys has cracked hence the owner is liable to bear the damage not the OEM"

Listening to this and to try and prove me wrong, the dealer's guy called up his showroom and asked about the warranty on the OEM alloys, he made an ass of himself as the dealer rejected on the call itself that there won't be any warranty on the crack of alloys. He confirmed for the 2nd time but same reply. So, finally, my friend gave up the idea of buying alloys from dealer along with the other accessories. In comparison to dealer, my friend saved approx 10K in open market w.r.t alloys & tyre(s).

I am happy atleast I was able to help him save some money. I am happy his wife will drive a 5 star rated car. I am happy to have helped a guy who gave me the 1st assembled desktop PC of my life 21 years ago.

Regards
Akash
Akash, a friend in need is a friend in deed! Not only have you saved your friend some money you have also opened the eyes of other readers (like me) ! I shall be on my guard when taking delivery of my next car and start discussing accessories with the sales chap.
Regards,
Shashanka

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, a friend in need is a friend in deed! Not only have you saved your friend some money you have also opened the eyes of other readers (like me) ! I shall be on my guard when taking delivery of my next car and start discussing accessories with the sales chap.
Thanks Sir. Actually, these accessories guys at any brand showroom try to take the customer for a ride unless someone is extremely alert and knows their tricks in and out. I am getting the Harrier this Friday and have well negotiated for the only accessory I am going for in it i.e the Seat Covers. What the dealer quoted for it and what I will pay is just 55% of the price. So, I cannot let my people unnecessarily overspend.

Regards
Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Motors lauds Indian players who missed a medal in the Tokyo Olympics but have inspired the nation and set the standard for others to follow

Presents them an Altroz – The Gold Standard Premium Hatch
Tata Motors, India’s leading automotive brand today announced that the Company will be felicitating Indian athletes who narrowly missed the bronze medal in the recently held Tokyo Olympics. These players represented India in the Olympics and have set the Gold standard and inspired several other aspiring, young sportspersons in India to follow in their path. To thank and recognize these homegrown players for their sheer hard work and dedication, Tata Motors will be delivering its most premium hatch, the Altroz, in the High Street Gold colour, to these players soon.

According to Mr. Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors, “For India, this Olympics was about a lot more than medals and podium finishes. We are fortunate to celebrate the effort and spirit of our athletes representing our country, competing under the highest pressure against the absolute best talent the world has to offer and coming extremely close to a podium finish. They might have missed a medal but they have won the hearts of millions of Indians, with their dedication and are a true inspiration for budding athletes in India. As the leading homegrown automotive brand, we truly understand the spirit of ‘Dare to Dream and Achieve’, as it is a culture that drives us in Tata Motors as well. The Tata Altroz has set new benchmarks in its segment by achieving the Gold standard in Safety, Design and Performance. It is our privilege to honour the spirit of these path breakers and present them a small token that signifies the Gold Standard, the Altroz.”
Regards
Akash

Tata Motors lauds Indian players who missed a medal in the Tokyo Olympics but have inspired the nation and set the standard for others to follow

Presents them an Altroz – The Gold Standard Premium Hatch

Regards
Akash
Like Navnit said before me,in sports efforts are all that matters. And Tata motors have, very creditably, decided to reward these efforts

Like Navnit said before me,in sports efforts are all that matters. And Tata motors have, very creditably, decided to reward these efforts
We Indians are a results based society. We dont appreciate the process. Everything, from education system to business, we only celebrate the winners, dont appreciate the ones who just missed out.

We all are celebrating our hockey girls. BUT they never had a chance did they. It was all thanks to determination and monumental efforts on their part that got them there.

Every state govt announced rewards for medal winners before the Olympics started. But is that enough to be a sportsman and inspire the next generation of sportsperson? The answer is big NO. Sports is not a hobby anymore, like we Indians treat it.

Sports starts very young. Sportsperson trains everyday. Their body designed for the very purpose. Their nutrition designed to get the best out of their body for the discipline they excel at. That costs a lot of money, and infrastructure too. These medal winners are only showing us the potential we have as a sporting nation, with little to no investment in athletics or any sports for that matter.

PS: People think investment in sports is a luxury. No, Its NOT. Sports training is nothing short of a military level training. The kids develop certain level of discipline over time. The health quotient also gets a boost. Also, from economic point of view, if say we had football league in this country, like the English Premier league, the revenue it brings to the community is huge.

k
Friends,

We are attending the Official Handover Ceremony of the Tata Altroz to the Indian Athletes who participated in Tokyo Olympics 2020. Stay Tuned.

Regards
Akash
Kindly let me know how many altroz are being deliverd. are they only 4th placed athletes or some others who have done better and broken national record however failed to reach even the finals despite the effort.
This has happened in Rowing and i guess in 4x400 relay.

Top Bottom