Tata Altroz Technical Issues | Need Urgent Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I need your help and advice. Following is the whole story for your reference:
1) I bought a new Tata altroz car in Jan 2020. There were many issues with the car since i bought it example ac not cooling etc.
2) One fine day, the dealer from whom i have bought the car called me to inform about the up-gradation of my radiator clump pipe.

3)I went there for the same and while doing so, the car overheated and warning sign showed up.

4) Thereafter, I with the mechanic team went to test drive of around 5 KMs.

5) Then they removed the warning sign by some computerized setting. I went back and parked my car in godown.

6) After 3 days, on an evening, I went for a local drive of around 10 KMs and parked my car around 7 pm in the godown.

6) After around half an hour, got an information from the neighbours that my car is burning.

7) In fraction of minutes, I reached there and the car was badly burnt.

8) Someone called fire brigade and it was there in 5 10 minutes as well.

9) I have mentioned about the car issues and the clump pipe issue in my DDR as well and now its been 2 months since the event.

10) Insurance personnel saying that company will pay as there vehicle was on fault and company is saying that insurance company will pay to you.

11) Many investigations have been done till now and there is no particular update has been given to me.
Kindly help me what to do here particularly.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

A pre purchase query I have, has any of the Altroz / Nexon owner experienced battery drainage of the KEY FOB in push button variants? What's the over-ride procedure in such situation and how often have the owners encountered this issue? Since I have booked the top spec diesel variant, it comes with push button version and I am a bit concerned on the battery drain issue.

Also, on this query, I had a word with the GM sales of the dealer today and he explained that there is some dummy key that needs to be touched with the push button alongwith pressing the clutch to re-start the car in case of an emergency due to the battery drain issue. Please tell me your views on this concern. I am planning two things i.e either buy a spare set of battery for KEY FOB or choose a lower variant with conventional key start. Kindly suggest the suitable solution.

Regards
Akash

Hi Guys,
I need your help and advice. Following is the whole story for your reference:
1) I bought a new Tata altroz car in Jan 2020. There were many issues with the car since i bought it example ac not cooling etc.
2) One fine day, the dealer from whom i have bought the car called me to inform about the up-gradation of my radiator clump pipe.
Since all the complaints were on record, ideally it is Tata who should replace the car or reimburse.

6) After 3 days, on an evening, I went for a local drive of around 10 KMs and parked my car around 7 pm in the godown.

6) After around half an hour, got an information from the neighbours that my car is burning.

7) In fraction of minutes, I reached there and the car was badly burnt.

8) Someone called fire brigade and it was there in 5 10 minutes as well.

9) I have mentioned about the car issues and the clump pipe issue in my DDR as well and now its been 2 months since the event.
How come a car parked in godown cought fire spontaneously ?

It is very much likely that the TASS men done some Jugad to goof up the warning sign else why should a parked car catch a bad fire spontaneously?

If godown was not suitable place for parking, insurance Co will definitely pass on the damage on you or TATAs.

After I saw white colored Altros, I was sold on it but one of the important FACTOR about frequent TASS visits without any convincing solutions from them , especially for electrical niggles ( as read in ownership reviews of Nexon) made me stay away from Altroz until owners come up with firm recommendations about the car.

Friend, do update about the proceedings of your car issue.

Last edited:

Top Bottom