TAI's 3rd Banglore - Chennai Meet on 28th September at Yelagiri

Most convenient time for you.

• 28th – 29th September. Two days. One night.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 28th September: One day (Saturday).

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • 29th September: One day (Sunday).

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #361
Guys,
Feel really sorry and sad that i missed the meet. I know lot of people would have been talking about my fiat's.
We too missed you Buddy.

Appu,
I am getting screwed in this work man. Hopefully i can quit this project.
Do that first Buddy, I know how you struggled to get the leave, but those guys spoiled everything.

All the best :)

Glad to see I made it to some of the snaps

And so unfortunate not to reach the final pit stop. Trust me, U-turn back to Bangalore from Krishnagiri, getting disconnected from the convey was way worse than not attending at all.

I so wanted to drive Octavia as well. Anyways, glad to meet you guys (Bangalore Team). Hope am in again to meet other TAI-ians (esp. Chennai and Vellore team). See you guys.

Enjoy~!
I too expected your Blacky there. Later came to know that you returned to B'lore due to some emergency call. Hope everything is fine now.

Sure will meet you soon :)

Wonderful pic's,look's like i missed an grand event and also good to see an biker in the gang
We too missed you man. Even I expected you till the last moment :(

First of all, I Thank AppU, for co-ordinating and making it a huge success.

Thanks to all the Bangalore and Chennai guys for the memorable TAI meet once again. Really had a wonderful time with everyone of you. The best thing was Sreejesh. Pictures says it all. Also, some bit of offroading You guys know what I mean
Thank you Girish, It was nice to meet you and your 800. I thought to drive your 800, but the time spoiled everything. Will do that next time for sure.

Hmm, Seems the event was so good with mix of cars. I like that RED Octy verymuch !!

Some how it was unfortunate that I came very close and missed the meet. Great work Sreejesh keep it up buddy !!

Hope to have a meet very soon

Gurrala, Even I expected your confirmation till Friday. After I received the call on Friday only, I confirmed that you are not going to attend the meet. Anyhow, will meet shortly as we discussed :)

BTW, I conveyed your message to Shreejesh :)

Special mention to ENGINEER's attempt in organizing the meet.
Hahaha, New name from our Members [:D]

Hope to see you guys in person, soon
Expecting the same Buddy

Appu, Nice photos man. I am really excited to see the Octy's photos. It is looking so beautiful and i have never seen such beautiful photos of my car before.
Thanks to all the photograpers who posted the photos here. Even though i was present there, i am excited to see all the photos again and again.
Its sad to know that i missed a close chance to meet Highway Ranger.
your car is too good man. I personally like cars in Black and Red color.

Red color suits to Octy very well and gives such a sporty look :)

@Shreejesh: Fantastic work mate[clap], Expecting all the pics & Videos from your camera.

@Sujeet(Sooz_Punto): Nice coverage bro, I like all the pics. Especially the one, my Vista comes from the off-roading is just Fantastic[clap]

Last edited:
Phew! Atlast! Was waiting for a moment to get here to see the pictures of the meet. Appu you have kept up to your words by saying that you will post some wonderful pictures! Shall give credit to everyone who have posted their respective pictures! [clap]
Feeling really bad that i couldn't make it since i was looking forward to it from long! I am sure with this spirit we can have many many more wonderful meets like these! Cheers to all the guys who attended the meet and looking forward to active participation from all! [cheers]

Guys, few points from my side:

1- Regarding the driving on GHAT roads, those pics were taken when we tried to give pose for our rides. Otherwise, we drove very sedately on those roads and like army parade. [;)] SAFETY ALWAYS FIRST
2- As Figoian/Appu mentioned, they spotted me from no where. The reason behind that is, when I started after the 2nd photo shoot all the cars have left. By the time I reached a junction I could not find the exact road and when I asked a villager, they guided me in opposite direction. After going for about 2-3 KMs I realised that I took the wrong route [frustration]. Immediately called Varun and confirmed. Varun told, he is moving slowly and I can catch him if I return back fast. As I was rushing you guys have noticed me. Got a call from Figoian and almost travelled together upto Krishnagiri. Subbu (Figoian), next time will have Tea together.
3- Few members I met for the first time in person and few I knew from last meet. I will tell you, all were so free and frank that did not feel at all that we are meeting for the first time. Regarding food habits, came to know Figoian and me are pure non-vegeterian and food loving people.
4- Felt really proud about the Chennai guys who have showed a lot of character with the accident spot. Proud to be a Part of TAI where such wonderful people exists.
5- The meet was great but few guys presence was missing from last meet. Gurrala, Sethu, AR RAM, Vishwas, Visran are few to name.

Hope to see many members at future meets. TAI rocks.[clap]

It was a great meet!
I enjoyed the meet and its really wonderful
I thank all the guys for making the meet memorable
I appreciate chennai guys for their care n concern at the accident spot.
Thank you Sreejesh for your splendid job, You are the "man of the meet"[cheers]
few snaps from my side

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice Pic's rayal sir...
Thanks for coming from such a long distance.
Also thanks for letting me drive your car. So how is your car performing now.

I enjoyed the meet very much. Drove both the 800's, vista etc.
This time I had plenty of time to watch all the cars closely (inside & out).
Got many ideas what would be my next project for my 800.

Girish's 800 drives fantastic for its age, no squeaks/ rattles engine is butter smooth. The steering is better than EPS.

Rayal's 800 drives fine, it needed a bit refreshment so took it upto 140 once yes 140. [;)]
The car was smoother after it. Hope Rayal sir was not angry.

Subbu's car's HU was cool never seen how a Bluetooth works with HU.
The key the most I liked.

Sooz punto !! The seats I guess they were OEM but it gave a royal look with those sporty P logo's on it.
Also the new ICE - JVC Hu with CW comps. The only thing missing is a Sub.

Appu's Vista - Drove it around, tested the HU with infinity speakers. The speakers are good but the HU can't power the speakers to the full, this what I felt. Brakes are awesome. Appu soon get the tires !! You know why I am telling this.

Octy - Liked the seats the most, I was surprised so see the scratches on the bonnet which was due to dogs. [confused]

Brio !! Brio!! Wow what combination of tires and wheels. It looks very bold on the car. We taught that the steering would be stiffer since the tires were 195 size. But as soon as we started the car the power steering was doing its job.

My Enjoy !! It was tested almost to full extent by Me & Harsha. He took it till 160 once for few seconds. The car was stable in all speeds. We could not feel any body roll even at speeds like 100- 120. The car handles good and gives me a good fe (got 14.7) after all the circus.
Climbs the ghats easily, no turbo lag etc.

Sorry Marun & Dhaya could not see your car's. [cry]

But Marun was very confident enough to take that narrow path even though there were big bushes on the way.

BTW Girish & Harsha / Sujeeth what was the BHP of the boat you drove, top speed ? Ha Ha ..

The other stuff were already narrated by Figoian & Appu. So these are the stuff I enjoyed.

Thanks to all who attended the meet ... we shall meet soon again with more number.

Last edited:
@Figoian

Thank you for the write up and pictures.

Good that all you guys enjoyed the meet and had wonderful events.

I really missed the meet and hope we will have another meet soon with families.

The pictures posted by everyone have come out very good.

Nice Pic's rayal sir...
Thanks for coming from such a long distance.
Also thanks for letting me drive your car. So how is your car performing now.

I enjoyed the meet very much. Drove both the 800's, vista etc.
This time I had plenty of time to watch all the cars closely (inside & out).
Got many ideas what would be my next project for my 800.

Girish's 800 drives fantastic for its age, no squeaks/ rattles engine is butter smooth. The steering is better than EPS.

Rayal's 800 drives fine, it needed a bit refreshment so took it upto 140 once yes 140.
The car was smoother after it. Hope Rayal sir was not angry.

Sooz punto !! The seats I guess they were OEM but it gave a royal look with those sporty P logo's on it.
Also the new ICE - JVC Hu with CW comps. The only thing missing is a Sub.

Appu's Vista - Drove it around, tested the HU with infinity speakers. The speakers are good but the HU can't power the speakers to the full, this what I felt. Brakes are awesome. Appu soon get the tires !! You know why I am telling this.

Octy - Liked the seats the most, I was surprised so see the scratches on the bonnet which was due to dogs.

Brio !! Brio!! Wow what combination of tires and wheels. It looks very bold on the car. We taught that the steering would be stiffer since the tires were 195 size. But as soon as we started the car the power steering was doing its job.

My Enjoy !! It was tested almost to full extent by Me & Harsha. He took it till 160 once for few seconds. The car was stable in all speeds. We could not feel any body roll even at speeds like 100- 120. The car handles good and gives me a good fe (got 14.7) after all the circus.
Climbs the ghats easily, no turbo lag etc.

Sorry Marun & Dhaya could not see your car's.

But Marun was very confident enough to take that narrow path even though there were big bushes on the way.

BTW Girish & Harsha / Sujeeth what was the BHP of the boat you drove, top speed ? Ha Ha ..

The other stuff were already narrated by Figoian & Appu. So these are the stuff I enjoyed.

Thanks to all who attended the meet ... we shall meet soon again with more number.
@Rayal Sir,
Thanks for the nice boating pictures.

@Varun,
I have been following your M800 for quite some time, but when i checked it after our meet, only then i realized that is your M800. I am very bad at remembering names. Really appreciate you for all the work done in your 800. Kudos to you man. [clap].

Thread Starter #371
It was a great meet!
I enjoyed the meet and its really wonderful
I thank all the guys for making the meet memorable
I appreciate chennai guys for their care n concern at the accident spot.
Thank you Sreejesh for your splendid job, You are the "man of the meet"
few snaps from my side
All are wonderful pics Rayal Sir :)

You 800 is one of the best nicely modified. Will take for a short spin next time[:)]

Thank you of the your inspection result[:D]

Yes, I know what you mean[;)]. Vista is going to get New tyres and Alloys very soon ;)

The BT in Figo works seamlessly. The moment the paired handset is in the range, it automatically connects with it. But call & music clarity from BT is excellent. Moreover, compared to most of the Aftermarket HUs with BT, the call/voice clarity is pretty good and clear in Figo's OE one. Next time, will have some demo on it.

BTW, you didn't drive my car... Should do it next time and also check the BT OBD as well. Next time? Anytime we both are in closer range to catch up.

Guys,

Wanted to tell something here. My mind kind of irks me so want to let this thing out.

Chennai guys helped the pals who met an accident and the brand new Vento is almost totalled.

When we five started from Chennai, we were not very close to each other and were certainly cruising. Myself and Dhaya went to an extreme and pressed a bit more and were at a considerable distance from other three guys.

Here is the point:
Me and Dhaya indeed noted the accident spot and still flew off the place as we were already late. 15 mins after crossing the accident spot remaining 3 Chennai pals called us and told that they are helping the victims. ( we were doing pretty good speed that it took 15 mins for them to catch up the accident spot).

Had we stopped and helped those people, we might have surely saved couple of hours of delay. Most important point is, spotting an accident where someone needs help and cruising is really not a motto of your community I believe.

I have to admit that we have made a blunder here and just wanted to be open in telling this. Sue me!

Guys,

Wanted to tell something here. My mind kind of irks me so want to let this thing out.
Certainly you should have taken care those accident victim.You could have earned more kudos.
But never the less, since you have realized what you have done and you are repenting for that, you are earning some respect from my side.
But my friend never repeat the mistake.

Nice photos and write-ups there, the drive to Yelagiri is really cool and i am sure all of you loved driving in those ghats!

Rayal's 800 drives fine, it needed a bit refreshment so took it upto 140 once yes 140
My Enjoy !! It was tested almost to full extent by Me & Harsha. He took it till 160 once for few seconds.
Awesome numbers there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom