TAI's 3rd Banglore - Chennai Meet on 28th September at Yelagiri

Most convenient time for you.

• 28th – 29th September. Two days. One night.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 28th September: One day (Saturday).

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • 29th September: One day (Sunday).

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

a great meet :):) I liked the alloy on Brio. whose car is that?
Great meet guys.
+100 for those alloys of Brio. Also one more important thing is we should appreciate the enthusiasm of our member "Royal" who all the way drove from Hindupur to the meet[:)]

Glad you guys had a good time.

I hate to say this...
But it is alarming, (to say the least), to see the way you guys were driving on a Ghat road. [frustration](see the pics below). Please STRICTLY follow your lane while climbing up or down.

Yes, even I noticed this and I was about comment on this.

We are putting ourselves and other vehicles coming from opposite into a dangerous situation.

Hmm, Seems the event was so good with mix of cars. I like that RED Octy verymuch !!

Some how it was unfortunate that I came very close and missed the meet. Great work Sreejesh keep it up buddy !!

Hope to have a meet very soon[:)]

Gurrala Sir,
Thankyou. Make sure you come for our next meet. I will come with that Red Octy.

As someone mentioned, i really appreciate Rayal sir's interest and passion about cars.:agree: He told he had to start at 3AM in the morning. Hats Off to you Rayal Sir.
His M800 is my pick in the entire fleet [cheers]

Glad to see I made it to some of the snaps [:D]

And so unfortunate not to reach the final pit stop. Trust me, U-turn back to Bangalore from Krishnagiri, getting disconnected from the convey was way worse than not attending at all. [anger]

I so wanted to drive Octavia as well. Anyways, glad to meet you guys (Bangalore Team). Hope am in again to meet other TAI-ians (esp. Chennai and Vellore team). See you guys.

Enjoy~!
Its so unfortunate to come till krishnagiri and returning back[cry]. We will meet next time for sure.

I too wanted to say 'Hats off to you' to Rayal who started as early as 3AM to meet other guys. You are the man :)

@HR,
I agree on your point.

I think the 3-4-5 photos what you have mentioned looked to me like "going to over take the photographer's vehicle or just after overtaking and getting into lanes" and not wanting to "break the rules" . No comments for the first one [anger]

Thanks for the likes - the red brio was mine! Myself, Gokul and Vinodh were stuck assisting an accident victims and were late to the meet. Special thanks to Blr guys for waiting and to all for such a wonderful meet!

Special mention to ENGINEER's attempt in organizing the meet.

Guys please can you put names of members along with their pictures please ?
Here you go Raja.

sreejesh-35.jpg

Clockwise. Sreejesh, Sujeet's friends & Sujeet (Sooz_Punto), Varun, Rayal & his friend, Harsha, Ajay (Bikerboy), Dhaya (Cooldhaya), the tallest, Gokul, Vinoth (Octyvin), Subbu (myself), Vinoth (AppU), Girish, Arun (Marun) & his friend.

It will be good if someone who attended the meet can post a brief narration along with the names/avathar of the members who were there.
Here is a brief...

Both Bangalore & Chennai teams have planned to individually assemble at the 1st pitstop by 5:30 AM and start the convoy by 6. I reached the point by 5:45 followed by Varun, Sujeet, Speedyguy, Harsha. Had tea and was waiting for Girish & Rayal. In between, both Varun & I were calling other Bangalore members who confirmed earlier about their participation, but wasn't lucky enough to talk to them.

Finally, Girish reached the spot and Rayal was ahead of us... Hence, we moved from there and was in search for Rayal and spotted him at last. Next pitstop, Kamat for BF. People ordered for normal stuff and was keen to know about Plan B & C. After I revealed it, people ordered for more and heavy stuff fearing of Plan C [lol]

BTW, as the Biriyani plan was dropped due to lack of response, we had to go with Plan B or C. Plan B was to have whatever is available there and Plan C was keep everyone hungry and bring them back home... [clap]

After BF, we started for Yelagiri and again stopped in between looking for Rayal. That made us fortunate to meet our Highway Ranger, yes on the Highway. He stopped asking "TAI?". Had a brief chat there with him. It was a short but pleasant meet.

Then, continued and had to stop at the exit to Yelagiri and look for Rayal, again. We spent about 15-20 mins there exploring Varun's new Enjoy and learnt that Rayal is ahead of us and have reached the Yelagiri checkpost already. Well, we are still in the Highway exit. Finally, we caught him there and tied with us thereafter.

BTW, where is Chennai Team? That must be your question. Yes, they started a bit late than planned. While AppU was waiting for them in Vellore after finishing a heavy BF from home, he explored that one of his Tube Like Tyre is Punctured and gone to fix it. While on the way, our Chennai team happend to spot an accident at Wallajah. It was a new Vento banged up on a truck. There was about 3 people, a guy and his parents it seems. The elderly person (Dad) was bleeding from nose and our Ajay & Gokul was kind-hearted to break our journey and take them to the nearby hospital. I must pause here to appreciate this attitude which is largely lacking in our society. Kudos Ajay, you made TAI proud.

(Offline... Ajay - Did I cover all you taught me?)

This made Chennai team to break the journey for a while and delayed it further, but for a reasonable cause. BTW, the Vento was just 3 days old and seems like almost gone. Gokul can post those pics.

Finally, they made it to Yelagiri by about 1 PM and we are done with a round of Boat riding in the lake. Thanks to Harsha & Girish for giving me a ride in the boat. Yes, they paddled it as I didn't had my licence to paddle the boat...

It was lunch time and we found a small hotel where we gathered. The lunch was decent, a Veg Meal and Non-Veg Dishes were separate on order. Fish Curry was good and Chicken fry was kind of OK. After meal, we were exploring spot to park the convoy and click pics. Found one and Sreejesh on the job. Arun and few others (Appu, Girish & Gokul) wanted some adventure and tried to offroad to a different spot thinking all of us will follow them... Hahahahaaa... We just enjoyed seeing them doing so from far and called them back. After which, many wanted to leave and we thought to have some more pics at a different spot. Dhaya & I suggested a place, just before the start of downhill and asked all to stop there. We bid off to Rayal and started for the next spot. Now, drivers on both Fords were swapped. Arun on my Figo and I was on his Fiesta. To our surprise, rather shock, all the the 1st ones fled to downhill and didn't stop in the place we suggested. Clearly understood that all were clearly confused about the spot. So, we too followed them and in between called the first few cars to stop them just at least in the downhill, which has a beautiful scenic view road covering the entire hill for the pics. And when we reached there, again surprised that many fled. Some of us stopped there and called them back to the spot and finally pictured.

So, it's time to shake hands now... Varun was running out of fuel and had to reach the next nearest station and it was much available there. So no worries. Some of us wanted to have Tea, so moved ahead and had a last pitstop for Tea. That's when I realized I am the only one left from the Bangalore gang and rest all fled. Anyways, had Tea with Chennai gang and spotted Sooz_punto from nowhere. Where was he hiding till now? Called him to hold on for my company and I waved to our Chennai Guys. Sujeet & I were together till I stopped for a break after Krishnagiri. He missed the spot and went ahead as it was dark.

That's all about our TAI Chennai - Bangalore 3rd Meet.

Thanks to Varun, AppU, Sujeet, Arun for letting me drive their cars. Varun - We missed to test the Bluetooth OBD in my car... Will do it when we meet again.

Last edited:
Hello guys it was a great meet , i enjoyed a lot! Sincerely apologies to all the Bangalore members for being late to the meet. As you already know our member Ajay a.k.a Bikerboy helped an accident victim and dropped him off at the hospital. Hope to meet you guys soon again.

Sreejesh great pics as usual man , loved all the pictures.[clap]

@ Peter and Ram sir , I don't know about the first two pictures but the last few pictures show us in the opposite lane because Sreejesh was standing in his car on the left lane and taking pictures , we had to overtake his car and go ahead. That is why the pictures look like we are driving in the opposite lane. We were driving safe and sane sir , no worries.[:)]

Thread Starter #340
Glad you guys had a good time.

I hate to say this...
But it is alarming, (to say the least), to see the way you guys were driving on a Ghat road. (see the pics below). Please STRICTLY follow your lane while climbing up or down.

That is (H)Rangers Duty[clap],

As like appus and Dhaya Mentioned, the cars in 3,4,5 pics are taken while passing Girish's 800, that too they passed carefully in a straight road.

In 1st and 2nd pic, I think they posing for the camera :)

Yes, even I noticed this and I was about comment on this.

We are putting ourselves and other vehicles coming from opposite into a dangerous situation.

How we down Hill?

Our Gokul(P220) leaded us,Next to him is myself[:D].

we all drove our rides below 30Kmph. He waved his hand to stop the car, whenever he see a vehicles in curves/turning. I really thank him for his wonderful job.

I never find any rash driving or speeding in the the convey. thanks to all for maintaining such a decent convey[:)]

Hi Engineer,

You made me press break hard once when we were going down. It was a very close call. [evil] Had I banged you, Figoian might have killed me!

How we down Hill?

Our Gokul(P220) leaded us,Next to him is myself[:D].

we all drove our rides below 30Kmph.

Thread Starter #342
Hi Engineer,

You made me press break hard once when we were going down. It was a very close call. [evil] Had I banged you, Figoian might have killed me!

Yes, I saw that.

After our P220 passed the curve only I saw that bus, that too on Our Lane. he was trying to take a big turn. So I forced to apply the breaks hard[:)].

So you found, how efficient is Figo's break[;)]

Last edited:
Ohh yeah. I would say that Figo breaks are more effective than Fiesta.

Did anybody notice few cyclers going up when we went up the hill?

Thread Starter #344
Ohh yeah. I would say that Figo breaks are more effective than Fiesta.

Did anybody notice few cyclers going up when we went up the hill?

I noticed. But I think no-one captured the pics.

BTW, I'll post the pics from myside shortly[;)]

Gurrala & AR RAM sir: Actually I thought of calling you once I reached Yelagiri. But, As we reached delay, I was busy in speaking with our guys and looking others ride, so I had no time to call you. Hope you both are not angry on me[;)]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom