TAIger's Tata Trilogy: The Third Tata: Tata Harrier Dark Edition XT+

Thread Starter #61

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Matt wooden finish is uber cool.
It took a lot effort & time to get the right finish. I saw an E Class & a LR with similar finish and then went ahead. Glad it came out nice. Will click and check out the car tomorrow as today I had been busy with the Altroz.

Regards
Akash

deville_56

Honoured Member
We do have windshield stickers as well: The Automotive India Stickers v2: Grab Yours!.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Then @Akash1886 should consider those [:D]. Current one looks very odd on the stealthy nature of the Dark Edition.

(On painted surface, there will be difference in colour and paint thickness due to polishing avoiding the area of sticker and more exposure of rest of the area to sunlight).

Thread Starter #64

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Adding pics of Harrier clicked today. After all the interior and exterior mods done. The best thing I liked was that the color's shine was regained. Yes, it took lot of effort too to get this result.
IMG_7506.JPG
IMG_7505.JPG
IMG_7507.JPG
IMG_7508.JPG
IMG_7509.JPG
IMG_7503.JPG
IMG_7504.JPG
IMG_7502.JPG
IMG_7499.JPG
IMG_7501.JPG
IMG_7495.JPG
IMG_7496.JPG
IMG_7497.JPG

And now for the Kaala Tika
IMG_7510.JPG

Regards
Akash

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Adding pics of Harrier clicked today. After all the interior and exterior mods done. The best thing I liked was that the color's shine was regained. Yes, it took lot of effort too to get this result.
Your car’s interiors are looking truly impressive and complete with that wooden finish. Didn’t you report to GM about the damage done to engine button at the workshop?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #66

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Your car’s interiors are looking truly impressive and complete with that wooden finish. Didn’t you report to GM about the damage done to engine button at the workshop?
Thanks bro[cheers]Glad you liked it. It took a lot of time to get the right finish for them. For the push button I did inform him and he was apologetic too but what else can be expected from contractual labor hired by dealer? The person who came to drop the car at dealer post repairs and the condition the car was in, I somehow just controlled myself. You know how particular I am about the upkeep. GM sir has taken note of it lets see what remedy they have for it. I am not expecting anything though. My uncle tried painting it Black but paint did not stick. So, the best was patch of matt black sticker. Its an eye sore considering its a new car. Lesson learnt though! The only other way is the replacement for which I have to leave it for 4-6 days at dealer. I had enough separation from Harrier, can't bear to let her go anymore.

Awaiting our meeting so that you can check both Altroz & Harrier. But, for the time-being, tomorrow I shall click both of them together and post here. I have asked many people of any possible DIY for start-stop button. Dekhte hei..kya hoga. BTW; @All TATA CARS requests for a Black TAI sticker[drive]

Regards
Akash

350Z

Core Team
For the push button I did inform him and he was apologetic too but what else can be expected from contractual labor hired by dealer?
I believe given your patronage; they could’ve replaced it as a gesture of goodwill. Don’t know why it’ll take upto six days to replace a button though.

BTW; @All TATA CARS requests for a Black TAI sticker
Sure thing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is the problem with brands which have different segments of cars:
Tata having 2 extremes : Harrier as well as Tiago ...The service chaps drive Harrier like Tiago , same in case of Maruti , they drive a Brezza like an alto. Probably an alto customer, won't mind slight scratches on key area, but for the other one, a scratch on push button, is more like taking away the eliteness of the ride It is high time that these brands train their service staff, and equip them to handle premium cars with a sense of sensitiveness.

Also, I would never prefer OEM paints for brands other than luxury brands, as these guys take paint from outside, and use just their paint bay for doing the job. The craftmanship lies in, how much hardener and how much paint is being used, which comes in only with experience, and also understanding the profile and character of the ride. Eg: Innova had a blue shade (Second gen), it had a notable peculiarity, when looking from one angle it will be light, but another angle it will be dark, to recreate such paint perfection, the painter needs to know that first.

As @mayankdixit sir told, even I won't prefer doing all jobs first, I will take time to understand the ride much better and do the modification step by step. To showcase an uniqueness and passion, it shouldn't be done at the cost of damaging the ride.

Thread Starter #69

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I believe given your patronage; they could’ve replaced it as a gesture of goodwill. Don’t know why it’ll take upto six days to replace a button though.
Problem is availability. Rear Fog Lamps took a week post ordering. Fender took 3 days to arrive post claim approval. BTW, will be going to fix the number plate on Altroz in a day or two so will ask him if there is any possibility. Else will look for a DIY.

Sure thing.
[cheers]

This is the problem with brands which have different segments of cars:
Tata having 2 extremes : Harrier as well as Tiago ...The service chaps drive Harrier like Tiago , same in case of Maruti , they drive a Brezza like an alto. Probably an alto customer, won't mind slight scratches on key area, but for the other one, a scratch on push button, is more like taking away the eliteness of the ride It is high time that these brands train their service staff, and equip them to handle premium cars with a sense of sensitiveness.
I sorely miss this indeed with the dealer. I personally stand and supervise when ever any of my car goes to them for service.

Also, I would never prefer OEM paints for brands other than luxury brands, as these guys take paint from outside, and use just their paint bay for doing the job. The craftmanship lies in, how much hardener and how much paint is being used, which comes in only with experience, and also understanding the profile and character of the ride. Eg: Innova had a blue shade (Second gen), it had a notable peculiarity, when looking from one angle it will be light, but another angle it will be dark, to recreate such paint perfection, the painter needs to know that first.
Absolutely. But, they have many cars to deal with so due to labor constrain and the fact that they need to earn, dealers often reduce input cost which means low cost hardeners and paint. Black color paint can show imperfections quite easily in sunlight. Only I know how much effort went into restoring the shine just because of that one fender. Thankfully, now all's well!

As @mayankdixit sir told, even I won't prefer doing all jobs first, I will take time to understand the ride much better and do the modification step by step. To showcase an uniqueness and passion, it shouldn't be done at the cost of damaging the ride.
Actually, Painting of alloys & using wooden finish was an instant decision and not planned. I saw a sedan's interiors finished in this hence decided to opt and Alloys I wanted to be of car's color so went ahead.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #72

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The Altroz in black looks gorgeous. I dont understand why Tata doesnt give black as a standard colour in any of its cars. It will definitely sell in huge numbers.
I too wish so bro. Safari & HBx dark will be awesome. Nexon in Dark Edition looks too good. BTW, Altroz is leaving soon for it's journey of revamp! This time more emphasis on performance mods[glasses]Stay Tuned!

Regards
Akash

deville_56

Honoured Member
The Altroz in black looks gorgeous. I dont understand why Tata doesnt give black as a standard colour in any of its cars. It will definitely sell in huge numbers.
Once upon a time, there was black available in almost all Tata models, Indica, Indigo, Sumo, Safari, Manza, Vista, etc. Tata called that Infinity Black.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #74

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My TAIgers & @350Z, Finally got respite from the eye-sore push-button start of Harrier[:D] Spoke to GM sir @ dealership and with help of their accessories guy was able to get a customized Black sticker made for the switch. Total expense for it was Rs. 200/- for a pair. The accessories guy accompanied me to the shop and got the same made from his contact. You all won't believe but I went all of the way to IDE Autoworks @ Gurugram to ask if there is a solution but because of the small lettering on the button nothing could be done and the new cap was costing 3500/- I figured why not make a power symbol on the button which also comes as a OEM design in many cars. So, got the same made in Gloss Black from Noida itself. Have kept one sticker as a spare.

20210810_162545.jpg

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Was it really so bad that you had to cover it up with this sticker?
Maybe the light is playing tricks with my eyes, but this sticker is looking just like ,well, a sticker. I will have to look at the button without it to finally say which looks better.

Last edited:

Top Bottom