TAIger's Tata Trilogy: The Third Tata: Tata Harrier Dark Edition XT+

A good, comprehensive and detailed owner's initial review. As I said about your earlier review, this one too should prove very useful for prospective owners!
Also, the list of likes and dislikes is a nice touch. The battery dying within a couple of days (resolved in a couple of hours) is not unusual and has occurred on a couple of occasions with folks in my acquaintance, so it is not really an issue.

But the engine stalling at low rpms (particularly if it happens on level ground) certainly calls for attention. It may be just a tuning issue and would be easily resolved.
A notchy gearbox is also an issue I'm familiar with and should iron out with normal use.

All in all a thorough and informed review - keep it coming! Looking forward to the next installment.[:)]

Regards,
Shashanka

Thread Starter #32

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update.

Observations Post Covering ~650+ Kms in a Month.

1) Stalling problem persists. After discussing with the dealer's GM, got to know, this issue is there in Safari too. In order to avoid this, the car has to be shifted to 1st gear. i.e while turning at low speed this is the only possible way to avoid stalling.

2) I am deeply upset with the ride quality offered by the Apollo Tyres on poor road surface. Every pothole and bump and minor speed bumps at 20 km/h too feel quite violent and the entire body shakes. Not a pleasant experience for the passengers.

3) Have to asap find a solution for the improvement of the ride quality.

4) Front Passenger door doesn't close at once. Needs a second attempt quite often.

5) Boot door has uneven panel gaps. The right side has more gap than the left.

6) Acceleration in first gear during short morning drives often has initial jerks then it evens out.

7) Maneuvers in tight space & traffic are a pain. Though I'll have to live with them as it is my decision to buy this one.

That's all I had for updates. Shall give more info as I drive and cover kms.

Regards
Akash

Update.

Observations Post Covering ~650+ Kms in a Month.

1) Stalling problem persists. After discussing with the dealer's GM, got to know, this issue is there in Safari too. In order to avoid this, the car has to be shifted to 1st gear. i.e while turning at low speed this is the only possible way to avoid stalling.

2) I am deeply upset with the ride quality offered by the Apollo Tyres on poor road surface. Every pothole and bump and minor speed bumps at 20 km/h too feel quite violent and the entire body shakes. Not a pleasant experience for the passengers.

3) Have to asap find a solution for the improvement of the ride quality.

4) Front Passenger door doesn't close at once. Needs a second attempt quite often.

5) Boot door has uneven panel gaps. The right side has more gap than the left.

6) Acceleration in first gear during short morning drives often has initial jerks then it evens out.

7) Maneuvers in tight space & traffic are a pain. Though I'll have to live with them as it is my decision to buy this one.

That's all I had for updates. Shall give more info as I drive and cover kms.

Regards
Akash

Akash, have you thought of writing to TMC directly regarding the stalling issue? Granted that low speeds does warrant shifting to 1st, but if you feel that under the circumstances & with the available torque, it should not stall, then you may refer to Tata's and get their feedback on the issue.

Thread Starter #34

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, have you thought of writing to TMC directly regarding the stalling issue? Granted that low speeds does warrant shifting to 1st, but if you feel that under the circumstances & with the available torque, it should not stall, then you may refer to Tata's and get their feedback on the issue.
Sir, I plan to take the car to Dealer next week. Will sort out the ride + stalling issues after discussing with them. Maybe I also need to adapt myself to the driving manners of this one since it does have a long clutch travel too so unlike the Nexon I need to make better co-ordination with the clutch release too of Harrier. Lets see!

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #35

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

credit: Trashy Verbiage

And now the Update on the Harrier

H1.jpg
h2.jpg

In morning today while going to get the Harrier refueled, a neighbor's Altis was parked with his servant taking out the stuff from the car. The rear right door was open and being at 15-20km/h left fender of my Harrier and the rear door of their car exchanged some greetings. The result, his door rendered non-operational and my car's fender had to be changed. Settled it by paying their NCB amount and some file charge. Since, I did not want any hassle or further escalations (they are simply waste of time & energy) we closed the chapter. Though my mom was really upset & angry with the incident. Expense on the Harrier post insurance was just ~5K. Repair time 7 days.

Regards
Akash

350Z

Core Team
In morning today while going to get the Harrier refueled, a neighbor's Altis was parked with his servant taking out the stuff from the car. The rear right door was open and being at 15-20km/h left fender of my Harrier and the rear door of their car exchanged some greetings. The result, his door rendered non-operational and my car's fender had to be changed. Settled it by paying their NCB amount and some file charge. Since, I did not want any hassle or further escalations (they are simply waste of time & energy) we closed the chapter. Though my mom was really upset & angry with the incident. Expense on the Harrier post insurance was just ~5K. Repair time 7 days.
Oops. It hurts to see the dent on Harrier. Glad though that the matter with neighbor was settled peacefully. Is your car repaired or still in workshop?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #38

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Oops. It hurts to see the dent on Harrier. Glad though that the matter with neighbor was settled peacefully. Is your car repaired or still in workshop?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Its always better to be to the point instead of beating around the bush bro. As it is in Covid times, better to maintain the Social Distancing[thumbsup]. Car would come back next weekend. But I must say, with the first hand experience today, Harrier, literally ate the door of Altis like a Choclate Pastry[lol]and the subsequent result wasn't much on Harrier. Tough Built Indeed. There wasn't slightest of disturbance post the hit in the driving of the car. No Rattles No Clanking Sounds, Nothing! Still Silent and Smooth.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #40

Akash1886

Honoured Member
That was sad Indeed. But the Build quality has passed an Acid test!
That is so true. But you know what, I am really feeling bad for letting the Harrier go for such repairs so soon in ownership[cry] Will see her back next weekend. Thankfully the DRLs got saved as I am told they are expensive and insurance gives only 50% claim for them and balance to be borne by the owner.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #42

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Why the charges are 5k ? It should be less than 3k if you have zero depreciation plus consumables cover.
Hi Shikhar, Actually, I opted for a normal (non-zero dep) insurance policy believing that I wont be needing any claim atleast so soon in the ownership period going by the history of my car ownership(s). But, with this incident, have been suggested by the dealer's official to renew next year this policy with zero dep / cashless option too.

Regards
Akash

That's what insurance is for, uncertainty. Anyways do get zero dep, consumables and even tyre secure. I even opt for engine and gearbox cover.
Thank you - my awareness regarding auto insurance is not too good. And since I'm going in for a new car the above information is just what I needed. Thanks again.

Buddies,

credit: Trashy Verbiage

And now the Update on the Harrier

View attachment 287685 View attachment 287686

Regards
Akash
That was really unfortunate, Akash - and that too so soon after the purchase. But these things happen, so not to worry!
I'm also obliged to @allhyundaicars for the insight into the insurance nitty-gritty!

Thread Starter #45

Akash1886

Honoured Member
That was really unfortunate, Akash - and that too so soon after the purchase. But these things happen, so not to worry!
I'm also obliged to @allhyundaicars for the insight into the insurance nitty-gritty!
Sir, Indeed! what @allhyundaicars said is absolutely right. I wont shy away from admitting it was my overconfidence & a sort of negligence to not go for a zero dep policy. Now, I have learned it the hard way. Sir dent car par he nahi..dil pe laga hai. I really feel sorry for Harrier and so much so that I have decided something big....soon shall give update on it! BTW, @allhyundaicars Insurance claim has been approved today.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom