> Alloys look cool in Black finish
>Good Quality insulation in hood, boot & wheel arcs
>No excessive chrome use.

Dislikes
> Lukewarm Ride Quality
> Average Tyres
>Notchy gears
>Handbrake needs some familiarity
>Initially within 2 days of purchase, the battery died.(Though resolved in 2 hrs by dealer)
>Maneuvering needs effort
>Ingress & Egress might be tough for aged people
>Engine stalls at low RPMs
>Clutch travel range is way too long

Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Final Shots of my TATA Harrier XT+
IMG_7472.JPG
20210611_112216.jpg
20210610_081017.jpg
20210610_081038.jpg
List of Accessories Added

> Seat Covers from Dealer
> Hood Mascot from Dealer
> Boot Lip Chrome Garnish from Dealer
> Black Nudge guards
> Dummy Chrome Exhaust tips
> Window Visors from market
>Wheel Lock from Flipkart

So, my buddies, until the next purchase of Altroz Diesel will keep you all updated with this one. Since its an initial review of few days of ownership, I will provide more updates on drive, engine and handling in due course. Here's to My TAIGER's & My Beloved T.A.I[cheers]

IMG_7463.JPG

Reporter Saab Signing Off!

Regards
Reporter Saab

350Z

Core Team
Note: Thread now live from T.I.P Zone. That’s an exceptional ownership review, Akash. Totally well-worth the wait. I’m hooked to this thread. Keep us posted. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Note: Thread now live from T.I.P Zone. That’s an exceptional ownership review, Akash. Totally well-worth the wait. I’m hooked to this thread. Keep us posted.
Glad you liked it bro. After more than 4 years I took to writing a detailed car review. With the on-going restrictions in NCR had to click pics in best available locations. I tried to be as detailed as possible and would surely be updating this one as regularly as possible. Do give a thought to our discussion of changing my username to "ALL TATA CARS"[lol]

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very detailed and well put together review. Congratulations for your new suv. I would love to see some underbody pictures too. I know it will be hard for you but that will make your review even better. Even without it the review is 5 star rated.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Very detailed and well put together review. Congratulations for your new suv. I would love to have some underbody pictures too. I know it will be hard for you but that will make your review even better.
Thanks bro. Certainly I will add updates and in that shall include the under body pics too bro. It won't be hard for me bas thoda time mil jaye[:)]

Regards
Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
As usual, a well written review covered with everything about the new car. Your belief in Tata Cars is encouraging and hope you will own a 4th Tata car very soon.[cheers]
Your car looks really amazing, Great choice. Congratulations once again [clap]

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congratulations and best wishes, Akash.

This does not happen in Jeep Compass MT with the same engine. I don't know, why the Harrier's engine is tuned that way. [confused]
Exactly Sir. Even I am surprised. Maybe we as owners need to get accustomed to it. But frankly this is kind of risky too when one is on road. Infact because of this sudden stalling I had a close call with a VW Polo couple of days back. The guy almost had rear ended my car. Though I am glad you found my humble review worthy. Your blessings are much needed.[thumbsup]

As usual, a well written review covered with everything about the new car. Your belief in Tata Cars is encouraging and hope you will own a 4th Tata car very soon.
Your car looks really amazing, Great choice. Congratulations once again
Thank you Sir. Your blessings mean a lot. Honestly, there was a lot more I intended to cover in this review but due to the district's covid protocols in place could only manage this much. I see this review as just about 60-65% of what I had in mind actually but definitely will provide more updates as I drive and cover Kms. As far as my trust in TML is there, Sir, I believe there has to be someone who strongly feels for the brand which has worked hard over the years to turn the things around for the better. I do have respect for the car brands here in India but I do admit to having a soft corner for TML. However, this respect and love for the Tata brand will not stop me from pointing out the shortcomings in their cars. I will remain unbiased and true to my passion. Coming to the 4th one, I am thinking about Altroz Diesel or the upcoming HBx. Lets see which one makes it to my garage now.

Regards
Akash

Fantastic review of the car Reporter Saab.

Congrats once again on your black beauty. Looks really beastie, elegant, suave and mindblowing. Black looks real bad ass color and the car just like storme is really very photogenic car. Difficult to take a bad looking snap of the car.
Couple of questions:
1. The door opening latch where you slide your 2 fingers or one, to pull and open the door, it was reported in the tbhp that its fouls with the grab handle, However to me the design looks like there is no reason to put finger around the knob to foul with grab handle. Can you throw some light on that. If there is no fouling that happens while opening the door, then that tbhp reported is an overly nitpicking on the feature of the car. Do you think you will ever foul with grab handle ever?

2. Ride quality, i felt that it was like in the leagues of Hexa which i feel is benchmark of ride and handling of cars. can you explain as to why you felt ride as luke warm?

3. Did you ensure that sunroof had no leakage? just to be sure pour a bucket full of water and see ;) There is a thread again on tbhp on this specific complaint. The tata engineer have tested it and there is no issue found. However the reviewer has posted video of water pouring inside the cabin. Probably he must have not close the sunroof properly and water went all over. But one thing to note is issues in Tata gather more eyeballs than any car in the market and get amplified exponentially.

AND BTW, did we read new Altroz Diesel???? What are you doing reporter saab? Car for every week day? Guess to let see what car you will need to complete you weekly drive ,
Monday, its harrier to beat the monday blues (if you have any)
Tuesday , its Tigor
Wednesday, Nexon
Thursday, Altroz
Friday, hmmm Safari? may be
Saturday-Sunday Safari/Harrier

So you need to buy an Altroz and a Safari to complete your weekly routine. :)

Thread Starter #26

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fantastic review of the car Reporter Saab.
[:D]

Congrats once again on your black beauty. Looks really beastie, elegant, suave and mindblowing. Black looks real bad ass color and the car just like storme is really very photogenic car. Difficult to take a bad looking snap of the car.
This is indeed a nice looking SUV. From all angles, the pictures thankfully appeared good.

Couple of questions:
1. The door opening latch where you slide your 2 fingers or one, to pull and open the door, it was reported in the tbhp that its fouls with the grab handle, However to me the design looks like there is no reason to put finger around the knob to foul with grab handle. Can you throw some light on that. If there is no fouling that happens while opening the door, then that tbhp reported is an overly nitpicking on the feature of the car. Do you think you will ever foul with grab handle ever?
So far neither on passenger side nor on the driver's side have I come across such a issue. Yes the latch is big if compared with Tigor or Nexon but still it doesn't create a issue for opening the doors.

2. Ride quality, i felt that it was like in the leagues of Hexa which i feel is benchmark of ride and handling of cars. can you explain as to why you felt ride as luke warm?
Firstly, Hexa and Harrier are 2 very difference species when their rides are compared. Hexa takes up potholes and uneven road surfaces way better but same isn't the case here with Harrier. I feel a major reason here is to do with the kind of Tyres in my car and the suspension setup. I am planning to go for the Tyre Upgrade i.e either swap the 17" with Discovery's 18" or change the rubber to Bridgestone. These Apollo(s) absolutely average.

3. Did you ensure that sunroof had no leakage? just to be sure pour a bucket full of water and see ;) There is a thread again on tbhp on this specific complaint. The tata engineer have tested it and there is no issue found. However the reviewer has posted video of water pouring inside the cabin. Probably he must have not close the sunroof properly and water went all over.
Twice there have been rains in Noida at night since I purchased this car. I did not use the body cover either and being absolutely honest, not even a single drop of water came in. The leakage may have been a one-off case with a loose insulation on sunroof or improper closure as you said. So far, in my case there is no issue of sunroof leakage. However, will test it through this monsoon here in North.

But one thing to note is issues in Tata gather more eyeballs than any car in the market and get amplified exponentially.
Actually there are many "Well Wishers" of TML. A brand that has taken giant steps to improve it's products and image has taken many by surprise. Add to that the NCAP of TML cars. So, when after so much of praise, the so called "Well Wishers" get slightest of opportunity to crib they blow it out of proportion.

Giving an example: I got the car over weekend. 2 days later found the battery dead. Even after informing the PDI guys before delivery of the issue they missed it. So, I called the TL of my SA who in 2 hours arranged for a new battery and replaced my car's dead battery. Issue sorted. Now if someone actually has the time to keep on stretching this small issue again and again then god bless them.

AND BTW, did we read new Altroz Diesel???? What are you doing reporter saab? Car for every week day?
It all depends on the HBx launch. Either HBx or a Altroz Diesel. Have ample time to decide. In case 1% I am in a fix, will buy a pre-owned Honda CITY ivtec 2011 model.

Guess to let see what car you will need to complete you weekly drive ,
Monday, its harrier to beat the monday blues (if you have any)
Tuesday , its Tigor
Wednesday, Nexon
Thursday, Altroz
Friday, hmmm Safari? may be
Saturday-Sunday Safari/Harrier
In short I should look at a profession of being a Taxi stand Operator?[:D]

So you need to buy an Altroz and a Safari to complete your weekly routine. :)
Bhai gharwale laat maarke nikaal denge. Upar se shaadi bhi nahi hui hai.[lol]

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #27

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Went to 3M to get a light film for the windows. It was needed since the cabin was getting quite heated and with those seat covers, back & bum were having burning feel. Hence decided to go for it. There is ample transparency and more so if the sunroof shade is opened it further enhances even more. On the whole, the purpose is served. Total expense 4K. The look has become even more elegant!

20210614_115000.jpg
20210614_114949.jpg

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #28

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Have ordered for pair of rear Fog Lamps that are present in XZ trim of Harrier. The cost is 2200+ Labor & wiring + GST. So, approx around 3500/- Will be getting them fixed by weekend. A friend of mine Samarth Bhatia 8 years back had suggested me to go for car mods with genuine and useful accessories. He had guided me to go for mods which don't look out of place. I loved the way he use to modify his Green Chevy Beat. After a good 8 years, when I ordered the rear fog lights, I remembered his valuable advice[:D]

@bhvm: Need your helpful insights in what to look out for w.r.t the rear fog light wiring while fixing. I plan to get them connected to either brake light or the mounted stop lamp. Is it ok?

Regards
Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Need your helpful insights in what to look out for w.r.t the rear fog light wiring while fixing. I plan to get them connected to either brake light or the mounted stop lamp. Is it ok?
If they are charging you for wiring, then they should provide you Wire Loom & Dash switch.
Rear fog lamps are powerful lamps which will be keeping your car visible in Foggy climate. Keeping them tied to Brake is dumb. That serves no purpose and will irritate the follower in high traffic.

Thread Starter #30

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Got the Rear Fog Lamps Installed today @ Dealership. It took approx 4 hours of intensive labor and precision to get the job done. Total Expense was 4868/- + 500 for rear sill plates. The job done was good. Post fitting I checked all the lights and then also opened the hood to check for any loose or exposed wiring and then again checked the ODO and DEF level too just to be sure of any surprises since the boot was open for the job. All good. Fixing the rear fogs require hell lot of effort and lot of rubber and plastic removal including the tail light assembly. The have attached a mini relay too. Apart from this, have tinted the tail light's upper half (indicator portion), rear reflectors and ORVM indicators and added transparent bumper corner protectors. Here are the WIP Pics for today's job.

20210620_130838.jpg
20210620_134101.jpg
20210620_123949.jpg
20210620_151837.jpg
20210620_160543.jpg
20210620_160722.jpg

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom