Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I too was under the impression that you are going to start a fresh thread for the Brand new tiger. But, I agree, your views too, because as you correctly said Tigor is the same Tigor whether new or old generation except there are some feature upgrades in the new gen models. I too want to know what are the major upgrades they have done comparing the old one (I have the 2018 model XZA)?

By the way, Congratulations on your new Tigor and hope your Mom will be happy ever and enjoy with the new and beautiful Tigor.[clap][cheers]

Like Nairji, I'm also curious to know about the updates in the new bs6 Tigor, particularly the low-end torque. Is there any improvement in that compared to bs4 @Akash1886 ? Has the engine response got any better now? This is the only area which I think can be improved a bit, at least in my bs4 Tigor. Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with it. Mine is late 2019 model (bs4) and I'm very happy to have some newly added features in it like the auto-fold ORVMs, the new 7" touchscreen with android auto, shark-finn antenna and new digital instrument cluster. Also with the Bosch spark plugs, there is slight improvement in overall smoothness in driving than my earlier Tigor which had champion spark plugs. Feels more linear now.

Thread Starter #288

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I too was under the impression that you are going to start a fresh thread for the Brand new tiger. But, I agree, your views too, because as you correctly said Tigor is the same Tigor whether new or old generation except there are some feature upgrades in the new gen models. I too want to know what are the major upgrades they have done comparing the old one (I have the 2018 model XZA)?
Sir on the exterior there is revised headlamps & bumper design with a sleeker radiator grill and chrome lining on the front air dams. On the rear, tail lights are now clear lens which give a more polished and elegant look. TML has removed variant badges from the rear in their new models be it nexon, tiago, safari or harrier and same is the case with Tigor. Interiors look roomier than before since the dark shade plastic is replaced with a lighter shade. The new ICE Touchscreen gets harman badge and FM reception has improved. It now comes with the flat bottom steering but the quality of steering mounted buttons isn't as good as the earlier generation. It gets rear armrest and Auto folding Black ORVMs and DRLs.

By the way, Congratulations on your new Tigor and hope your Mom will be happy ever and enjoy with the new and beautiful Tigor.[clap]
Thanks Sir.

Like Nairji, I'm also curious to know about the updates in the new bs6 Tigor, particularly the low-end torque. Is there any improvement in that compared to bs4 @Akash1886 ? Has the engine response got any better now? This is the only area which I think can be improved a bit, at least in my bs4 Tigor.
Though I haven't driven it for long, but in short drive from dealer to destination, I couldn't notice any significant improvement compared to previous gen Tigor. It drives similar to the previous one.

new digital instrument cluster.
This one is a bit cluttered. The dual dial setup was better and more elegant. In this there are too many icons and one might be confused. I believe previous setup was much better and cleaner.

Also with the Bosch spark plugs, there is slight improvement in overall smoothness in driving than my earlier Tigor which had champion spark plugs. Feels more linear now.
This is true. While idling too the difference can surely be felt. The idling engine sound too has improved and the pickup from signal also has marginally improved in my opinion.

Regards
Akash

This one is a bit cluttered. The dual dial setup was better and more elegant. In this there are too many icons and one might be confused. I believe previous setup was much better and cleaner.
Yes, that's true. May be I got used to it by now [:)]

This is true. While idling too the difference can surely be felt. The idling engine sound too has improved and the pickup from signal also has marginally improved in my opinion.
I was thinking of going for NGK spark plugs earlier. Any idea how much difference will be there in terms of pickup and average as compared to Bosch ones? Definitely it'll be better than champion, but not sure against the Bosch ones. Any thoughts?

I was thinking of going for NGK spark plugs earlier. Any idea how much difference will be there in terms of pickup and average as comapred to Bosch ones? Definitely it'll be better than champion, but not sure against the Bosch ones. Any thoughts?
Based on my experience with stock Bosch plug and aftermarket NGK plug in my Duke 390, NGK is far far better. Better response and reduced jerkiness which Duke 390 was very famous for. So I think it will be same with cars too.

Based on my experience with stock Bosch plug and aftermarket NGK plug in my Duke 390, NGK is far far better. Better response and reduced jerkiness which Duke 390 was very famous for. So I think it will be same with cars too.
Cool, thanks Vijesh for sharing your experience. Will try NGK ones sometime later this year.

Congrats on your 2nd innings with Tigor, Akash! Great choice. When we were hunting for Ertiga replacement, we were very close to getting a new Tigor (already having a great experience with our Tiago) but due to last minute budget constraints, we backed out. But again it is a very underrated car in its segment and congrats!

Thread Starter #293

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

1st Free Service Update

Got the 1st free service done of the Tigor today after covering a mammoth ODO of 96 Kms in 4 months.[lol] Also got the boot cladding fixed. This I had to purchase separately from dealer as TML no longer gives it as standard fixture in even the top spec model. Suggest all the owners and prospective buyers to make sure to get this fitment done. Not only it improves the aesthetics but also it protects moisture and water from seeping into the wiring.

20210613_102251.jpg

20210613_104734.jpg

20210613_111348.jpg

Finally hit a century today! 100 Kms done!
20210613_113413.jpg

External Shots of the TAIger's Tigor 2.0
20210613_114201.jpg
20210613_114146.jpg

20210613_114228.jpg

20210613_114237.jpg

20210613_114121.jpg

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #294

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Tigor shall be going for the Interior Revamp on Tuesday. Plan to add front armrest like Nexon, Adjustable Rear Headrests and a proper stitched Steering cover apart from the seat cover and door pads. Would take atleast a week's time for the job. I would like to know, will it be a good option to use LEDs on the boot extension of the Tail lights and a rear fog lamp in LED? Picture added for reference.

20210613_114237.jpg

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #295

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Tigor has gone for the Interior Revamp. Will take about 4-5 days. Following jobs to be done:

1) Genuine Leather stitched steering cover.
2) Leather Gear Knob cover.
3) New 2 tone color scheme for the seats & door pads. (combo of a light blue and a grey)
4) Armrest for the front seats.
5) Reshaping of the rear headrests for the better neck & head support.
6) Adding the 2nd reverse light to the rear in the same casing that houses the reflector. That's one unique but useful mod.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom