Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Thread Starter #226

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats Akash and your parents on the beautiful Nexon, Panditji's orange and yellow are a nice contrast to the grey.
[:)]

Your parents will be proud of you for choosing Nexon XZ for them.
Sir, this time around having a positive ownership with Tigor, Paa & Mom were quite convinced of my decision and then dad was happy with the fact that it got 4 star safety rating.

You and Arvind will explore lots of features on the Nexon as you go along, I'll not play spoilsport.
Indeed. Presently I am getting used to the reverse gear dis-engaging. The reverse gear is bit hard presently.

Regards

Akash

Indeed. Presently I am getting used to the reverse gear dis-engaging. The reverse gear is bit hard presently.

Regards

Akash
I presume once you change from the normal reverse gear arrangement, to this new collar lifting and engaging you will have issues, moreover let the gears and engine get nicely embedded and add up some km, things should be ok.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #228

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Nexon Update

1) Nitrogen filled in all Tyre(s)

2) Pollution Control Certificate made.

3) Filled Windshield Wash Liquid. Used Sunsilk Blackshine Shampoo + Bisleri Ka Paani. Maybe the guys forgot to fill it up[:D]. Just a 5 mins job.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nexon Update

1) Nitrogen filled in all Tyre(s)

2) Pollution Control Certificate made.

3) Filled Windshield Wash Liquid. Used Sunsilk Blackshine Shampoo + Bisleri Ka Paani. Maybe the guys forgot to fill it up[:D]. Just a 5 mins job.

Regards

Akash
Why you have to take new PUC for a new car? I think new cars don't need PUC taken for first one year?

Thread Starter #230

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Why you have to take new PUC for a new car? I think new cars don't need PUC taken for first one year?
I know Sir but as I got the RC so thought to finish up a job. Our authorities too are very punctual Sir and I don't like to get into any uncalled situations. All documents in place gives me lot of peace of mind.

Regards

Akash

I've a query regarding ECU update. Is ECU flash and update are one and the same? As per my knowledge, ECU flashing is just running obd tests, checking for errors and clearing those errors, mapping etc. I had got it done once and the result was car becoming smoother. Does ECU update means updating the version same as the Harman system? Would be great if someone explains this in detail. [:)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I've a query regarding ECU update. Is ECU flash and update are one and the same? As per my knowledge, ECU flashing is just running obd tests, checking for errors and clearing those errors, mapping etc. I had got it done once and the result was car becoming smoother. Does ECU update means updating the version same as the Harman system? Would be great if someone explains this in detail. [:)]

ecu scan- using obd scan tool to check errors and clear the same (once solved)

ecu flash- updating the ecu firmware file to latest version to solve problems or fix issues like emissions, performance, FE etc. the.updated file comes from manufacturing company.

ecu remap- using a custom ecu file to gain performance or.FE by altering ecu parameters. the remap file comes from custom tuners like petes or code6

Thread Starter #236

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akashji , why gearlock in this age ?
Just curious to know , coz the technology now is already very much sophisticated in security aspects
First and Foremost, what pleasure do you get in addressing me as "AkashJI"? I know I have delayed my marriage but atleast don't remind me of my age and the fact that I should be married asap.

For the gear lock, bro, when one has a dad who is typically old school, who has zero tolerance to shortcuts and who is not adaptive to present gen security systems,then, being a son to him becomes difficult at times and to reason out it is even more tough. So, to have peace, went on with the gear lock. Chapter closed!

Safari!

(BTW, Dont waste any money on Nitrogen, its a scam)
Well, I am thinking of the upcoming H for Harrier. Dekho kya hota hai![:D]

Regards

Akash

Mr.BHVM , a small correction and addition

Nitrogen in Service centres and Fuel pumps are scam.

But one in tyre shops (Special mention to MRF outlets) are generally best.

Personal advantage i felt with N2 is -
My ride had a puncture in a nearby town , from that to my town , about 35km , the car had run , the pressure drop in tyre was only 7PSI. The car was run to tyre outlet only after I noticed .(Rear tyre , so thereby can't be felt by driving).
If it had been case with normal air , surely , the ride would be in middle of road.

Case 2 - Sidewall hit , The hit was noticed only after 2km post hit , and the air leak was very slow.

Case 3 - Generally , i check up monthly once , and pressure drop is 1-2PSI alone.Tyre remains in optimum temperature with N2.

Why i told fuel pump and dealership scam is - They tend to fill normal air itself , and bill you N2. Ensure always N2 machine is a different unit , it consist of N2 filter membrane and you can ensure it , either the machine will have a rotatory knob(Just like fan regulator)- Which can switch to normal air /N2 as per the customer's choice.

Sorry Akash bro ,now onwards only Bro , (I still remember you complaining , once not to refer you as Mr.Akash or Akashji)[;)]

@Mr.Allhyundaicars,

Explain the function of Gear lock , and then i will try to explain my view. (Don't mistake my tone , seriously , I don't know what gear lock does)[lol]

Top Bottom