Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats on the Tigor Akash! If only it had an AMT option right now, it would be playing best supporting actor role to the Ertiga.

Rest, its a brilliant package. And I absolutely fell in love and your car also looks super amazing!
Thanks, I do agree that the lack of AMT is pinching.

Super thread! Kudos ! A valuable guide to prospective tigor buyers and newbies like me. Looking forward to the updates.
Will surely update as I drive it more buddy.[:)]

Congrats once again on the Tigor Akash!

A well-written review and a justice to the beauty it is about.

Happy miles ahead with your silver baby
I am happy that my efforts have proved worthy. Hope it helps all the readers and members in future. Thanks a ton!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Driving without A/C is OK, but if you roll down your window, it's a sure shot way to ruin your car interiors. Never ever do that!
I agree with you on this point. My point wrt weather was for conditions like after it has rained and dust won't blow and very less traffic like in early morning time. I myself use AC most of the times to protect the interiors and my lungs except rarely when weather is too good like above mentioned conditions. Even in these conditions I open windows very minimal.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats Akash for new style-back purchase. BTW When are you going to sell me your City?
Maybe after the 2019 World Cup* (Conditions Apply)[lol]

Driving without A/C is OK, but if you roll down your window, it's a sure shot way to ruin your car interiors. Never ever do that!
Delhi/NCR is heavily polluted can't think of rolling down windows and driving at any point of day or in any weather. A bit of compromise on the FE is acceptable to me i.e if my car is giving me a average FE of 12-13 km/L with AC in city and 14-15 without AC in city then its OK. My 10.5 year old Esteem even in the last years of ownership gave me this much FE so keeping that as a benchmark, I am OK with above FE figures. Talking of FE, believe me, in past 6 years, haven't really felt worried of my CITY Ivtec's average as well. Till its driving without niggles, I am happy!

Regards

Akash

Phew! Just finished reading the Test Drive (Errr) Cum Ownership review of your Tigor.

Well written Akash, Again congrats for your new acquisition and wishing you a very happy miles with it.

As far as your Didn't likes concerned in your ownership posts, yes some small bits maybe disappointing, but its a known fact these days cars definitely miss out on 100% perfect for which we end up paying disastrous amounts to get that 100% in our cars, so what I meant is these issues are pretty small and won't affect you long time unlike Chevrolet cars (My Enjoy for example had hornpad which needed a specific spot to honk the horn, Build Issues leading to discs getting chewed up by brake pads, some owners having had blown up engines due to improper tuning whereas when it was rectified the power to ratio became a mere 55 bhp from MJD)

Thread Starter #52

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash what is the service interval for paid service - 6 months or 1 year. I was told 1 year by sales person which I doubt.
Will check and inform you buddy.

Phew! Just finished reading the Test Drive (Errr) Cum Ownership review of your Tigor.

Well written Akash, Again congrats for your new acquisition and wishing you a very happy miles with it.
Thanks a lot Vishwas! It is just a summary/experience of my initial ownership of approx 2 weeks bro.

As far as your Didn't likes concerned in your ownership posts, yes some small bits maybe disappointing, but its a known fact these days cars definitely miss out on 100% perfect for which we end up paying disastrous amounts to get that 100% in our cars, so what I meant is these issues are pretty small and won't affect you long time unlike Chevrolet cars (My Enjoy for example had hornpad which needed a specific spot to honk the horn, Build Issues leading to discs getting chewed up by brake pads, some owners having had blown up engines due to improper tuning whereas when it was rectified the power to ratio became a mere 55 bhp from MJD)
I agree buddy the issues mentioned by me aren't really bothering ones but all these niggles if rectified at the ground level itself i.e manufacturing/plant level then it makes the car a lot more presentable. Technically, I am just keeping this car for local runs and have no unreal expectations with it. All I want is it should not take me to the ASC every now and then.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #54

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congratulations Akash, great review.

I have observed that once you cross 2-3k kms on this petrol engine the power gradually improves.
Thanks a lot bro. So far I have observed that the engine performs normally in between 1500-2000 rpm and gets the linear power delivery from 2K rpm onward.

Akash what is the service interval for paid service - 6 months or 1 year. I was told 1 year by sales person which I doubt.
Buddy, I am attaching the maintenance schedule for you and other buyers / owners of Tigor. The duration of paid service is 6 months as per schedule.

20170830_142229.jpg

20170830_142251.jpg

20170830_142326.jpg

20170830_142403.jpg

20170830_142420.jpg

20170830_142445.jpg

Regards

Akash

Well done Akash and many congrats on your Tigor. This is the most comprehensive ownership review i have ever read. Just fantastic. Wishing you many happy miles ahead with this styleback

Thread Starter #57

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well done Akash and many congrats on your Tigor. This is the most comprehensive ownership review i have ever read. Just fantastic. Wishing you many happy miles ahead with this styleback
Thanks buddy. I am happy that the review proved worthy. I shall be updating it further as often as possible.

Congratulation sir. Your exhaustive review will surely be a reference mark for Tigor buyers.
I am glad buddy. Infact, your Endeavour Review was the inspiration for me to stretch further my skills. By god's grace, it all proved good.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #58

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

My car gracefully crossed today the 500 kms mark by visiting the mecca of Car races in Greater Noida, Buddh International Circuit. I am pleased to note that the FE in CITY mode has been good so far with AC. I have observed its driving manners on NH8 and Mahamaya Expressway and I am really glad to say, it has proved to be a great experience. I am happy that my decision of owning this car has proved right. Hope it keeps on performing nicely in future too. I am loving it!

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

20170908_122359.jpg

20170908_131053.jpg

20170908_131103.jpg

20170908_122311.jpg

My reason to visit B.I.C today; Had a date with the Beast from Green Hell![glasses]

20170908_113645.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #59

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Today the dealer's SA visited my place for the delivery feedback. He handed over a complementary perfume to my dad and very humbly got the form filled by me. It is a very good practice that TML is following to make sure their customers feel satisfied and also bring to their notice the shortcomings if any.

20170909_131709.jpg

20170909_131836.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #60

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Based on my feedback provided yesterday to the SA who came for the delivery feedback to my place, the dealer called my dad about 2-3 times to fix an appointment for today so that the technicians can visit my place for rectifying the fault in fuel flap. Today morning their service manager called dad to inform that the technicians are on the way and in 10 minutes 3 guys came with the oiling machine, some screws and a screw driver at my place. They checked the lever and the hinges of the flap and appropriately oiled them, adjusted it and checked it 7-8 times and twice I also checked. Now it seems to be working fine. Good to see TML proactively taking note of the customer's concerns and getting the same rectified asap.

20170910_101633.jpg

20170910_101641.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom