* Stiffness in the Reverse Gear slotting sorted by lubrication. Now it has become much more smooth
* Stiffness in front Door handles sorted as well by lubrication.
* Boot door wasn't closing at once because I was being way too gentle. Was informed to close it with firm hand as the the boot door is on heavier side in Nexon.
* Couple of instances where in the Siri voices her concern made me feel blushed
1) As soon as the D.T.E reaches below 100, "Caution Fuel Level Low" is the comment from Siri. Though it makes me feel slightly irritated but her ultra-seductive voice makes me take due care and re-fuel the car.
2) "The boot door is open" when the boot door isn't properly closed. This comment makes me feel as if my future better-half is voicing her concern.
3) "Please fasten your seatbelts". At this comment, Siri often gets aggressive in her tone as if she'll come out and slap Arvind. I to be on the safer side always wear seat belt so that atleast Siri can't insult me even virtually.
* Good Year 195 Section Tyre(s) are not very good as far as the ride quality is concerned. Specially on the highway, I wasn't much pleased with the grip and ride. I shall get the Tyre(s) upgraded to XZ+ spec and to Bridgestone. Even though the suspension is good but the Tyre(s) of Good Year aren't so.
* Washing mechanism at the dealer has improved a lot but the wiping part is still not up to the mark. It also has to do with the attention paid by Arvind as I had deputed him to make sure everything is properly cleaned to which he obviously missed. Couple of light stains of water still left on glasses and a slight oil stain near gear lever.
* Overall as far as the servicing part is concerned, the boys at floor did a good job and very much to my satisfaction.
* Overall experience: 9/10. One mark cut for leaving the stains.
* Total time taken to complete Free Service approx 3.5 hours (due to weekend rush)
* Being a repeat customer of TML, I can safely say that this particular dealer, Sagar, believes in going an extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
Now, as far as the review of my Nexon is concerned, the same shall be completed and uploaded post the marriage of my elder cousin i.e around 2nd week of February-2019.
Buddies, I am sharing above an update on my car which isn't a happy one! A couple of days back, while I was at medical shop in the market the car was properly parked on the corner of the road with ORVM folded. Yet, when I came back, I found someone struck the rear right door and ran away. By-standers told, a Dzire guy rubbed off as to accommodate a on-coming car. Thankfully, the scratches were removed by rubbing compound but there is a line on the lower part of door and a slight dent below the rubber beading (as marked). Now, my query is, should I go for a FNG or claim the insurance and get the entire door assembly changed?
I do think the FNG is a best bet but the fact is in Noida, there are a few FNG left now. The ones I had visited don't operate now. BTW, it would be helpful if a Tata car owner can share their experience about the paint job done by the dealers. Expense isn't the issue but the finishing and matching is.
Sir, I am extremely sorry for not being able to text/whatsapp as I have been ill since past couple of days due to Dilli ki Sardi. Apko phone karke baat karunga Sir once I am fit. Aap ko bhi a very Happy New Year Sir.
Correct all this when you have more dings and dent's, in the coming months and years.
Same with me also. I feel bad when I have to drive a car or two wheeler with even minor scratches.
My Tigor had a minor scratch on her left rear side (the area just above the wheel and towards quarter body). It was not a serious damage, but the scratches given a sour look atthe new car. I took the car to the service center and asked them if the scratches can be removed by some kind rubbing or polishing for which they insisted that repainting has to be done for a clean look. The estimate was 2600 (including GST), but finally settled with Rs.2400. They did a good job and I was very happy to see the car again in full shining.
(I was worried giving the car to FNG because sometime the paint color they use may not match with the main color of the car - mainly because Car manufacturers are using new shades of colors which may not be available in the local market, hence I decided to do it with only in Service center)
Agree on this. And not just careless fellows, sometimes you can't do anything about certain situations. Like, in my case, got couple of small dents due to a small stone which bounced from another cars tyre while driving. . Anyway, I also think it'll be good to get it corrected collectively, rather than paying up each time you get a scratch/dent, unless not very big.
Exactly Mr.Bbarve, I really know the pain , even when the underbody scraps while we try to take it out of a Mall or through a bump inspite of being so gentle with ride. Especially with Maruti , what i have felt is , small stone bits , makes dots onto external door panel , while passing through just tarred road or road with slight stones lying here and there.
Sad to hear about the incident.
But this is the biggest mistake people do while driving / parking. With ORVM folded the passing vehicle will come as much close to your car body as it can. If if was unfolded the passing vehicle will try to save the ORVM by not touching it , in process will be far away from car body.
I always follow this rule and got saved multiple times from dents/scratches.
Regarding your query, the damage is not that deep it can be tinkered and painted (if required) in FNG. Cost should be around 2K-3K. No point claiming insurance or changing the door.