TAI Mega Meet At Hosur with Chennai, Vellore, Banglore & Hyderadad Members

Re: Quick Bangalore Meet (Update: Another Meet on 27th April 2013)

Bangalore Meet

It was a fortnight back Gurrala74 informed me about Bangalore meet, taking place on 27th April 2013. It’s almost one year now since I joined the forum, and I thought it will be a good experience to meet all the members from the same city. So, I had also joined with other members those were taking initiatives to organize the meet, and making it as a wonderful event.

Initially there were lots of suggestions from various members as regards to the different venues. But after acquiring the information by members regarding the access to the venue, road condition, facilities available, we had to cancel all of them. Our member appus made a suggestion about Jain Farms located at Bagalur, about 50 kms away from Bangalore. So, out of the inputs he had given, I contacted Jain Farms over the phone and got all the necessary information regarding the facilities there, distance, route and road condition and of course the costs too. And finally the venue was fixed to this location, by discussions and suggestions made by all members. Our next task was to hook as many as members from Chennai to this event. It became fruitful when few of them from Chennai agreed for their participation. The initiatives taken by Sethumurugan and AppuS to organize a team itself from Chennai to join this meet were really motivating me, and I think everyone of us as well. Simultaneously, few members had agreed to drive down to Hosur in their cars and join us there and go the venue together. Unfortunately, couple of members from Chennai, though agreed to make it, had to cancel at the last moment due to some unforeseen issues. However, rest of the members made it in their cars.

As agreed by all members, on 27th April 2013, at 8.30 am we were to assemble and meet at a spot, just 500 meters away from Electronic City fly over toll booth, towards Hosur. Surprisingly, all the members were very punctual and came exactly on time. Seeing every one of them for the first time, I could observe the enthusiasm in them, by coming there, leaving their week end commitments away. This recalled me the nostalgic days of late 70’s, when I bought my first car, how excited I was, and my keen interest on long drive and vehicle decoration etc. As you all know, it’s always a great pleasure to meet like minded people with same taste and enthusiasm on a same topic. Though I was the oldest among all, I felt as a youth, by seeing all these youngsters packed up with full energy. We spent about 45 minutes there by introducing to each other.

Around 9.15 am, we left this place for Hosur, the next assembling point with Chennai members. Although the distance for Chennai members to drive to Hosur was 350 kms, they too made it a point to make on time. Even most of the members were meeting each other for the first time, all like a family, had breakfast together at Anatha Bhavan, Hosur, where the assembling point was.

Around 11 am we started to the venue for the meet, Jain Farms, Bagalur, about 15 kms away from Hosur. The convey of nearly 15 cars to the venue gave a spectacular view to the people on the way and the other road users. Around 11.20 am we reached the venue, and had a formal introduction again with the Chennai members.

Before entering Jain Farms, we parked all the cars in a line and had a photo session, and even with the members with their respective cars. Woh!! That was really splendid.

Soon we entered the farms after parking the cars in the parking area. We personally gathered the first hand information regarding the facilities over there. And some of the members ventured into playing cricket for some time, and some others into games etc. Meanwhile, lot of photo sessions had taken place at different spots. We had a delicious veg. buffet lunch together at 1.30 pm, and had a chatting together, discussing various automotive topics, member’s travel experience, which found to be very interesting to every one of us.

Few of the members were making use of the swimming pool by dipping themselves into water in the soaring temperature. Later, each one of us was inspecting the gadgets and the modifications done on other member’s cars. Every one of us felt the day was very short for such wonderful meet, and the memorable time we had together. Before we wound up we had taken some more group photos with all the members together, leaving behind the sweet memories of a wonderful meet.

I like to have the opinion from all the members about one more meet after few months preferably with families. I personally feel the involvement of families in the meet will be more homely.

I am taking this opportunity to thank each one of you for making this meet a very colorful and memorable event.

Thank you once again friends

Re: Quick Bangalore Meet (Update: Another Meet on 27th April 2013)

Sir,

That was a fantastic write-up about the meet. Yes we all enjoyed well and had loads of fun.

Thanks for not uploading the 'Special Pictures' [;)]

re: TAI Mega meet at Hosur with Chennai-Vellore-Banglore-Hyderadad Members

Wow. What a grand meet. All the cars are looking fantastic. You guys definitely had a great time. As usual, I missed this one too. I'm sure there will be many more. BTW I would like to see those special pics too..[;)]

Wow. What a grand meet. All the cars are looking fantastic. You guys definitely had a great time. As usual, I missed this one too. I'm sure there will be many more. BTW I would like to see those special pics too..[;)]
Actually those moments which was cherished lively by the members attended the meet. If any one else would like please buzz us and it will be delivered as PM. You hehehe.

Hope Ram sir send those pics to me at-least first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Guys, this meet was a big one till date we made in TAI and i firstly appreciate all the members who made it and the people who gave the ideas for this meet, let me write a short essay of what we had on 27th April 2013.

On the first week of April, i saw the discussions going on the other thread with full swing(where we planned for the meet) where Gurralla74 initially lit up for a meeting, so for a week i was unable to get the updates as i had field days at work and i never confirmed that i would make for this meet, however i saw rushing replies after the 2nd week of April and made myself loaded up for the meet.

On 26th, as usual i go to work at the evening and i didn't show any interest there thinking all about how the meet would happen and how's it going to be managed.

So finally after work i logged out on time and with my cab coming home at 4:30 am the enthusiasm levels went up that i'm going to see my TAI members and started to image how it would go for the whole day. So my day ended with me keeping the alarm at 6:30 am.

At 6:45 am i was woke up with Varun calling and i picked the call without knowing time and he said he would be taking the silk-board route, so then i thought of it, but felt peripheral road was more apt to reach Electronic city fly over(where we met for an intro).

Being late for 15 minutes, i finished my morning chores and wiped my car easily with the Jopasu duster to make it look clean at-least for sometime. I started from my home at 7:30 am and to reached peripheral road at 8:00 am (took half an hour to reach as i had to take a detour from the regular road)

As the meeting time was at 8:30am i thought i would be running late so down went the accelerator pedal, in the peripheral road doing 120 kmph but alas, due to maintenance work i was stuck behind a big logistics truck which made 8:15 at the Bannerughatta road, okay somehow managed to squeeze from that biggie i saw a big trailer carrying a school bus(AL Stag) i drove slowly staring at those wheels and ramps, sorry i did not capture the photo as my camera was in the back seat.

Finally met Figoian,Sooz_Punto, Pras, Serrao and Santosh who were already at the point, then came AR Ram with Gurralla followed by Varun and Karthik then Varun and Visran joined us. So we had a small intros in the Busy road and waited for Girish and SS80 to arrive, by that time the traffic was huge and loud where we went to the serivce road further to have a cup of coffee. We parked there and waited for Girish to arrive while having great intros with each other.

Then came the navy blue 800 with Girish and Anand in it, so after a quick intro we started to hosur as it was getting late.

My alto (cleaned and waxed at-least for the meet[glasses])
18.jpg

Karthick's 800:
19.jpg

Varun's 800:
20.jpg

Figoian's Figo:
21.jpg

Sooz's Punto:
22.jpg

Rekharam's Accent:
24.jpg

The first group from Bangalore photo:
25.jpg

Pics will continue later..

Last edited:

Friends

This time it seems to be lot of pics

I would like to ask 2 question here
1. How each of you felt about the meet and members
2. Moderators view on this meet

Biggest Event in TAI meet history.

Guys, as soon as Mr. Guralla plan for Bangalore trip, the light was ignited by him for this meet. He just ignited me also on the same day, but because of my work nature I was not able to confirm it to him.

But from the day one I was participating in the thread and used give ideas and suggestion for the meet. But did not confirmed my participation.

There were so many friends shows interest in meet from Bangalore. Since it was little bit faraway TAIians from other cities did not shown much interest. From my side, I tried SMSing for some Chennai members and some responded positively. Dhaya, bikerboy who wished to join me if possible. Biker boy had to work till midnight and will let me know later.

Finally I confirmed my participation on 26th evening 4 pm to all members those who have shared their mobile no with me.

As a surprise, when I reached home I got a SMS from Dhaya [cooldhaya] our senior member asking info about the meet, members participating from chennai, time to start etc. I called him immediately and spoke to him and found that Mr. Gokul [HolySatan] is also joing us. [Generally Dhaya is friends freak, he will be with his friends most of his free time]. Then we fixed the time and venue for the meet.

Another surprise was Mr. Appu who said may not be able to participate due to some personal work, has also confirmed his participation.

I went to HP fuel station at anna nagar and filled 29.9 liters of LPG for Rs.1400 and 18 liters of petrol. Top-uped my sparky tyres with nitrogen. Generally I will have 32 psi. But I found the correct pressure mentioned in manual by Chevy was 30psi. So filled 30psi.

By mid night I got a SMS from bikerboy that he left to home around 1.30am and will try to join me, if not he requested me to proceed further.

So I wokeup around 4am and found no calls/sms from bikerboy. I smsed him and got a reply that he may not be able to join. I finished my morning chores and asked my son also get ready.

My sparky is ready to meet TAI members rides
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_003.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_002.jpg

By 5 am we left home and drove to the meeting point. Dhaya was already there and we wished each other. I met Gokul for first time. Then we started our journey towards Hosur.

Before that I told dhaya that I will not cross 80 KM/h speed [as instructed by CASS guy] since I would like to check the FE.

After starting I could n't control myself when I see the smooth beuitiful hightwa. I just throttled to meet Dhaya's Jetta speed. We were driving constantly in 100-110 KM/h speed. On the way we got a message from appu that we proceed and he will join later directly at the venue.

Around 7.30am we stopped for a short break at Vellore. Then we started from vellore. When we were nearing ambur, I got a call from rekharam and enquired about our whereabouts and asked us to do safe driving.

Then when we reach krishnagiri I got call from A.R Ram and confirmed where we are. They were also about to start from EC buy that time.

i love the krishnagiri-hosur stretch a lot with lot of ups and downs. Superb. Hope once this diversions issues are over this stretch is going to be lovely one.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_012.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_013.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_014.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_015.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_020.jpg

We reached Hosur and found Anantha Bhavan, the meeting point of bangalore-chennai guys. Already they had started breakfast [It was 10.30am] We could n't make it as we planned. Thanks to NHAI and its Diverestion all the way from vellore.

We had some nice chat while having breakfast. From there pras wanted to go home and he left with with sad mood that he could n't make for the actual meet. And after breakfast we proceeded towards the Jain forms, the actual meeting venue. Mr. Gurralla drove my sparky [Gurrala sir, My son likes your driving than mine] he was praising the car as well pointing out the difference between diesel and petrol car. One thing he mentioned was it was not like going on LPG and he felt it good.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_024.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_025.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_026.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_027.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_028.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_029.jpg

Then we reached the entrance of Jain farms. Rakharam wanted to take leave from there [Actually earlier he had told that he will come only upto EC, but some how the gang and the meet made him to come till the venue] so we decided to take some snaps with all cars. It was fantastic moment with 13 cars lined up on the road side and am sure the entire site stealed lot os stares of the locals.

Panorama shot of all cars in one picture.
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_031.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_036.jpg

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_030.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_033.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_041.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_042.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_043.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_044.jpg

After that Mr. Rekharam [I did not bid bye to him, sorry sir] left and we all went inside [Vishwas, pls share the video of cars proceeding to the venue]. I drove vishwas alto and Anand drove my sparky.

Contd in next post..

Last edited:

Excellent Pics guys and This meet was the one hell of rocker TAI meet. Kudos to all who took extra effort to make this meet a successful one.

Just one request. Can any one post a pic that shows who is who? Means name of each member against him. SO that we could recognize them.

Contd from my previous post

As soon as we went inside we inquired about the activities and found they have cricket, magic show, pool, Bullock cart ride etc. So we discussed and decided to play cricket, have lunch, dip into the pool.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_052.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_053.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_055.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_057.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_059.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_060.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_061.jpg
We we went for playing cricket in the small dried up pond inside. There were 8 interested in playing cricket. We decided for 7 overs match. So the following were the players in each team. Thanks to Visran [Umpire, who was very far from us, not third umpire] and gokul who noted the scores for us

team.JPG

Team A scored 16/3. Then played Team B and they won the match [Only bats man played was Karthik]. The place where we have played cricket.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_062.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_063.jpg

Other pictures while we were playing cricket was posted by other members. I don't have one.

Then we went for lunch, which was not ready and requested to wait for some time. We thought of utilizing that time for a informal self introduction [which we missed in our last meet] but when vishwas and appu finished the lunch was ready and we do not want to wait since every one was hungry like anything. We went feasted ourselves with a non-veg buffet. It was really good, worthy and delicious lunch.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_069.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_070.jpg

After that we went to pool and some members was not interested to jump into the pool. so we 6 or 7 went to the pool. Actually it was really nice for such kind of hot whether, we had really good time there. Vishwas too joined us and Visran was having double minded since he was not prepared for pool. But after seeing us and he was so sweet to join us in the pool. Finally we all had an hour and half hours time in the pool playing balls, learning swimming [Anyone ?[lol]]

After that, we did some inspection of everybody's vehicle. Actually Varun's 800 and Ram's Octovia was show stealer yesterday. Varun's DIY and Ram's Music system were too good. I did not look into others rides. [Next meet we should do the inspection first, in order one by one. ] Actually I do not know to look which car.

And I went with around 12 stickers and every one picked one [Sujit and Subbu sticked it immediately in their rides]

Then we did a self introduction, which was an interesting one [This should have been done as first task of thee meet, we learn from experience] Everyone stand in circle and introducing everyone of us before the forum members was an excellent event of the meet. We came to know a lot about every members.

After that we went for tea break and found everything was over.

So we proceeded towards Hosur with a decision that we will have it on the way. On the way we had coffee/tea/cool drinks.

TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_071.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_072.jpg
TAI_meet @ Bangalore on 27-04-2013_073.jpg

From there we bid bye to everyone and left to our homes. It was really nice and I really love every member and shown the affection to every members.

Then we started from there. My son wanted to have Ambur biriyani and when I checked with Dhaya, he wanted to have food at Mcdonnals. so we decided to proceed further. On the way i wanted to pull some money from ATM and the ATM i have choose was crowded. i had to wait for nearly 30 mints there. Then I left that place around 7pm. when I crossed hosur the LPG was over and it got into petrol mode. Luckily withing a KM we found the reliance station and filled LPG. Surprised to know that it was Rs. 2 less than Chennai price.

Around 9.30 we reached Ambur [Already Appu told us to the shop name, STAR Biriyani to have the food] We found one and had a dinner there. But when we left from there we found there are lot of STAR Biriyani for every two shops. I do not know whether we had it in right hotel.

But after ambur i could n't drive and i was dead tired because of time spent in pool and biriyani too. I stopped at Vellore, had a hot coffee with .., and started from there around 10.30. Reached Chennai at 12.30. When I reached home i found the message sent by Dhaya that he also just reached home.

I just sent SMS to all members about my safety arrival at home and crashed.

As my routine, i could n't get up by 4.45am. I woke up around 6am and left to office around 7am. And the afternoon session went with sleepy sethu.

In one word about the meeting is, AWESOME buddies. Had a fantastic time.

Only thing was we missed some important members like Appus, Carfreak and new/young members like Bikerboy [Who wanted to come on his bike till Hosur and that too after working till mid night 2pm]. Appus took lot of effort but could n't make it. Rekharam and Prasanna was kind enough to accompany the members to some stage. Am glad that I met both of them even though they have not participated in the meet. Hope to meet appus and carfreak soon. Bikerboy, we will have a small mini meet soon in chennai.

We should have meets regularly like this. Hope next time Bangalore guys drive down to Chennai [;)]

Last edited:

@ Sethu Sir

Sir looks like you forgot my name! [cry]
The players in Team A are : Gurrala, Sethumurugan, Sujith and Thegreatv(Varun) and not Santosh! [lol]

Just I thought I will post the members list who have attended the meet.

I will post the pics of individual members with names in my next post.

members list.JPG

Thank You all for posting detailed info . AR Ram, RK, Vishwas, Varun and Sethu .

Is the farms good? Is the food good ? Is this a place worth visiting? How is the road from hosur to Jain farms? Is it really 700 Acres ? [;)]

What time you guys left from Jain Farms ? Was the parking inside the farms or outside ?

Good to see you all[:D]. I virtually had a quick meet with you all after viewing those pics. The extent of enjoyment can be clearly guessed from the pics. With so many active members down south, I hope the next meet is going to happen soon[:)]

@Sethu: Why is your number plate protruding from the body?

Thank You all for posting detailed info . AR Ram, RK, Vishwas, Varun and Sethu .
You are welcome appus. But we all really missed you. Hope next meet you plan accordingly.

Is the farms good? Is the food good ? Is this a place worth visiting? How is the road from hosur to Jain farms? Is it really 700 Acres ? [;)]
It was good. Food was very nice. If you ask me about visiting this place, I would think again. Road from Hosur Jain farms are bad for first 5-10 KMs after that just single road with 2 way where lorries and buses were speeding like anything.

Actually we did not explore at all. We went, played, had food, dipped ourselves in pool, came back[lol] so we do not know is it 700 acres.

What time you guys left from Jain Farms ? Was the parking inside the farms or outside ?
We reached there around 11.30 and left from there around 6. Not fully. Upto the entrance of the farm [Not the main entrance at the road]

Good to see you all[:D]. I virtually had a quick meet with you all after viewing those pics. The extent of enjoyment can be clearly guessed from the pics. With so many active members down south, I hope the next meet is going to happen soon[:)]
Hope it will be a real South and North meet. Guys come down to south once. Then next meet we south guys come there to north. Akash, plan it buddy. It is not necessary that you should come in your rides. When we meet in south you guys see our rides, when we come down there then we will see yours.

@Sethu: Why is your number plate protruding from the body?
Kids in the apartment plays in the car park and that is the result. i have planned for small DIY for that. Let me do it when time comes.

BTW, we are happy that we able to meet you thru this thread. Thanks for liking it.

Top Bottom