TAI Kolkata Midnight Meet!

Why they catch the cars? If all documents Ok how they file case against the motorist ? I have never been on this route. Please inform me.[surprise]
Sorry for the Big OT Post.
Sidd7hartha Da, It is not obvious that once you drive in that road and get case from police. No...you may never.
This is a heavily congested expressway most of the time - if you drive regularly in that route you see plenty of heavy truck parked either side of the flank with carrying construction material....those are originated from Durgapur - Asansol /Bihar/UP & even Rajasthan and destined for the Rajarhat New Town construction site.
So what they are doing there.. They are secretly unloading a certain amount of load and sell it local thugs with pre arranged contruct - And HERE WELCOME TO FUTURE OF WEST Bengal - SYNDICATE RAJ - And this is a Huge organize line of operation & that involve money.
After that those truck headed towards designated DHARMA KATA s (Truck weight stations) situated @ Jashore Road and certified the weight and everything is fine.
So Once there is Honey (Money) it attracts bees/ants and all kind of insects. Hence those traffic cops/green police are there to collect there share - after all they also family men.
During this routine some times normal public got middle of it, as Traffic Police have a quota to fill it. (Earlier it was 20-25 case per day, now it increase to 60-65 case per day for WB Police)

-------

Now about KTP (Kolkata Trafic Police) - This is a new game.
No matter if you Ride / Drive (2 Wheeler / 4 Wheeler) if you fail to stop behind the white line or miss a signal or stop to attend a phone call (for 2 Wheeler) road side if Sargent there - they will book you a case.
Earlier it was 119 or 122 MV Act which got provision for spot fine, but now they start booking everyone under 184 Act - Driving Dangerously - No provision for spot fine and the only way to settle this (deposit the fees) at Court & this is a very time consuming process for Normal Public.

So be careful.

Last edited:
Why they catch the cars? If all documents Ok how they file case against the motorist ? I have never been on this route. Please inform me.[surprise]
An out of state car generally should have an NOC from the home RTO and road tax paid for the new one. The other option is to prove that you are a tourist and just visiting or passing through.

@ Anshul - Kolkata Police doesn't create that many issues either unless you have broken a rule. They are not bothered actually. They don't bother about sun films either. 70% of the cars here have sun films.

However I would also vote for SL malls since I stay in New Town. [evil]

@Altocumulus

I have been driving my DL no car here for last 8 months now and have not faced any problem till now in Areas from ultadanga to daskhineshwar temple. Once I had visited beyond ultatanga and the moment I stepped in Kolkata police cought me and started asking stupid questions like NOC and all. I told them that I am a tourist and I have come here just 4 days back (which was actually true) but they never headed my words. I also tried to convince that as per motor rules I am allowed to use my DL no car in West Bengal for 1 month without paying any road tax or NOC but they had made up their mind for making a ticket and that too for 5k. The guy straight away told me that pay 2000 and leave else if my sergeant comes (three star policeman) then he will not leave you less than 5k. NOC and Road tax are compulsory since day 1. At the end I called some senior officers from CISF who work with me at the Airport and they spoke and threatened the police personal stating that its an official car and etc and I was sent away without fine.

CISF people only told me not to cross ultatanga as KP is worst and will challan u to cover their ticket quota for the month.

Since then I have never crossed ultatanga and drive safely in my region. I have driven to Digha beach as well without any hassles multiple times.

Leaving this topic behind... why don't we plan something in salt lake this time as everyone is game for this event..

Regards

@Altocumulus

I have been driving my DL no car here for last 8 months now and have not faced any problem till now in Areas from ultadanga to daskhineshwar temple. Once I had visited beyond ultatanga and the moment I stepped in Kolkata police cought me and started asking stupid questions like NOC and all. I told them that I am a tourist and I have come here just 4 days back (which was actually true) but they never headed my words. I also tried to convince that as per motor rules I am allowed to use my DL no car in West Bengal for 1 month without paying any road tax or NOC but they had made up their mind for making a ticket and that too for 5k. The guy straight away told me that pay 2000 and leave else if my sergeant comes (three star policeman) then he will not leave you less than 5k. NOC and Road tax are compulsory since day 1. At the end I called some senior officers from CISF who work with me at the Airport and they spoke and threatened the police personal stating that its an official car and etc and I was sent away without fine.

CISF people only told me not to cross ultatanga as KP is worst and will challan u to cover their ticket quota for the month.

Since then I have never crossed ultatanga and drive safely in my region. I have driven to Digha beach as well without any hassles multiple times.

Leaving this topic behind... why don't we plan something in salt lake this time as everyone is game for this event..

Regards
Ok noted..
So for your convenience we will have the meeting anywhere between Salt Lake to Digha (outside Kol police region) [:)][;)]

Hi Samba, nice to find you here. Have read many of your threads in another forum, and liked them quite a lot.

Being an auto enthusiast my wild dream is to cover all 29 states (at least once) across India by car some day. [:D]

But for some reason I am yet to embark on that journey [frustration]. As you have already covered many beautiful sights, Looking forward to get valuable tips from you when required. Hope you wont mind that.

Myth, there is also another thread of the first ever meet where Angshuman was also present
Posting there now as well, Chandranath da.

Posted in the last 3 TAI kolkata meet threads. [:)] Whoever is following those older threads will be notified of this new meet thread.

Top Bottom