TAI Kolkata First Overnight Meet: Of Red Crabs, High Tides & Lovely Sand

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends,
Thanks to the TAI forum we in Kolkata (East) have evolved as a group of friends which goes beyond just the automobiles and highways though our basic bonding still remains the fuel DNA running strong in our blood. We as individuals have regularly visited and contributed to this forum some actively some a little less actively but have always remained committed to the cause.

Our meetings from small informal gatherings have risen to some iconic formal gatherings over the years..

The first formal meet 2 years back and we were just getting to know each other
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/9694-tai-kolkata-meet-4th-may-2014-a.html

We celebrated together in Diwali times
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/23886-diwali-festive-meet-kolkata.html

We never let go the opportunity to usher in New Years together
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-gers-meet-new-year-2015-kolkata-chapter.html

We soaked ourselves in the monsoon
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/22563-tai-kolkata-monsoon-drive.html

We were busy in the daytime so we decided to meet at night and leave not before the clock struck midnight and that too after photo shoots
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/21490-tai-kolkata-midnight-meet.html

We had members staying out of Kolkata coming to town but somehow there respective timings not matching so we decided to have meets on back to back sundays to make it convinient for all and both were a hit
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...24913-tai-kolkata-back-back-meets-2016-a.html

And of course we have embraced summers as usual
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/26105-tai-kolkata-summer-meet-2016-a.html

In the course of time we have had a lot of like minded friends added who have gone on to contribute in the forum also and looking for more such friends in the future course of events. And most importantly for our meets they have always been family meets where a lot of them participated on a regular basis. But the demand should I say from all members have been to go out on a overnight program. But somehow due to heavy engagements and lack of mutually settled time we could not come out and drive together for such destinations.

However in the last meet it was decided that we now take the plunge. Si here it is. THE FIRST OVERNIGHT MEET of TAI Kolkata

Venue - TAJPUR (Tentative)
Distance from Kolkata - 180 km each way (approx)
Date - 3rd Sep dep from Kolkata / 4th Sep arrival back to Kolkata
Details - As usual we welcome and encourage families to join and like minded friends
Cost - To be negotiated with hotel depending on the number of heads but should not shoot up to more than Rs 2,500/- per adult plus fuel / toll costs.

So friends lets come together and make it a grand success. Specially calling friends who have not had the chance of attending any of our previous meets. Lets drive it..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: TAI Kolkata first OVERNIGHT meet - Of red crabs, high tides and lovely sand

Some pictures of the tentative venue shared from SAMBA a valued member of this forum

After a long drive want to take a ride on this ?
IMG_7214.jpg

A date with the red crabs
IMG_7179.jpg
IMG_7154.jpg

Walk into the Golden Sunset
IMG_7108.jpg

Early mornings are equally blissful
IMG_7089.jpg
IMG_7069 (2).jpg

You can try Spoiling your car
IMG_3470.jpg

Thread Starter #4
Re: TAI Kolkata first OVERNIGHT meet - Of red crabs, high tides and lovely sand

Great pictures from Samba, as usual. Looking forward to the overnight meet. But the hotels should better be booked in advance, as number of hotels in Tajpur is limited.
Yes Rahul, Lets book hotel including all meals type in advance. That will work out way to cheaper and better

Chandranath,
An excellent narrative and striking photos from Samba. As Rahul suggested why not book at least say 10 rooms in advance to get best deal. Later on few more rooms may be added or singles can sleep on the beach..as they won't know where are they in the late evening.
"or singles can sleep on the beach..as they won't know where are they in the late evening"Subrata Da Just Awesome [lol]

Nice narration Chandranath da and superb pic Samba.I am in for this meet[clap]

Thread Starter #7
Chandranath,
Later on few more rooms may be added or singles can sleep on the beach..as they won't know where are they in the late evening.
Dont worry Subrata da, The Tajpur beach has sleeping options in the beach itself [:D]
IMG-20160726-WA0039.jpg

Great pictures from Samba, as usual. Looking forward to the overnight meet. But the hotels should better be booked in advance, as number of hotels in Tajpur is limited.
How is this for a shelter. Spoke to the owner. Nothing fancy but good and suits our pocket and mood. Good food also.
IMG-20160726-WA0043.jpg
IMG-20160726-WA0045.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic initiative Chandranath da.
A Sea beach, a great resort with excellent food and a bunch of car lovers! A week end cant be any better than this! Please give me some time so i can confirm my participation. I definitely want to come and not miss this awesome week end drive.

Thread Starter #9
Due to availability of most members on the next weekend, we are postponing the dates of the Overnight Drive by one week

So fresh dates are

Date of journey - 10th Sep 2016 (Sat)
Date of return - 11th Sep 2016 (Sun)

Very nicely written Chandranath da. This one is going to be a fantastic trip, experience and outing for us TAI-gers.
The wonderful pictures definitely sets the mood for the place and give an idea of the fun we are going to have. Thank Samba.

Please count me and my family in for this trip.

Thanks for the initiative.

Thread Starter #12
The confirmed list so far

Subrata da - Fortuner

Rahul - Indigo

Myth (with family) - Verna

Bodhi - Vento

Chandranath - Xylo

Dip (with family) - Pajero

Swapnil - Tagged with some car

Swift Kolkata (with family) - Swift

Rohit (with family) - Scotpio

Arunanshu (with family) - Ford Fiesta

Waiting for others to confirm. Some of the members above including me can later confirm family members also. We will also take the opportunity to welcome the newest member in the group that is Myth's newborn child.

Its gonna be fun walking through these trees from the cottages to the beach
IMG-20160726-WA0040.jpg

or climbing up the watch tower to get this view
IMG-20160726-WA0033.jpg

and taking on the tides
IMG-20160726-WA0035.jpg

To all TAI members in Kolkata or anywhere who can attend.

PLEASE CONFIRM..

Last edited:
Very nicely written Chandranath da and as usual wonderful pictures by Samba da! [clap]
Like every meet from the beginning I'm in for the meet and looking forward to have some wonderful time with the whole TAI family. Just can't wait for the meet to happen! [lol]

Just correcting my vehicle name!

Subrata da - Fortuner

Rahul - Indigo

Myth (with family) - Verna

Bodhi - Polo/Alto

Chandranath - Xylo

Dip (with family) - Pajero

Swapnil - Tagging with BODHI

Swift Kolkata (with family) - Swift

Rohit (with family) - Scorpio

Arunanshu (with family) - Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #15
Chandra,
What was the final outcome of the DKS meet or we need to meet again in weekends till the final weekend for the trip...[;)]
Subrata da we were trying to contact some hotels in that area but some where we checked are already booked and number of rooms free are not sufficient for our requirements.

So exploring further. Will get somewhere or the other but please do let us know if you have any place known out there.

Also the meetings every weekend till the final weekend is not a bad idea

Top Bottom