TAI Kolkata First Overnight Meet: Of Red Crabs, High Tides & Lovely Sand

Subrata da we were trying to contact some hotels in that area but some where we checked are already booked and number of rooms free are not sufficient for our requirements.
Had been to Mandarmani a couple of weeks ago, with my office colleagues. It was on an weekend and we did not have any prior hotel booking. Most of the hotels were full, so had to explore a few hotels in search of rooms. I stayed at a place called "Hotel Nandini". Large hotel with adequate secured parking facilities. Though I was not satisfied with their services, you may give it a try. Their contact number is given here.
Regards,
Rahul

Thread Starter #19
Very nicely written Chandranath da and as usual wonderful pictures by Samba da! [clap]
Like every meet from the beginning I'm in for the meet and looking forward to have some wonderful time with the whole TAI family. Just can't wait for the meet to happen! [lol]

Just correcting my vehicle name!

Subrata da - Fortuner

Rahul - Indigo

Myth (with family) - Verna

Bodhi - Polo/Alto

Chandranath - Xylo

Dip (with family) - Pajero

Swapnil - Tagging with BODHI

Swift Kolkata (with family) - Swift

Rohit (with family) - Scorpio

Arunanshu (with family) - Ford Fiesta
So the updated list stands as

Subrata - Fortuner
Rahul - Indigo
Myth (with Family) - Verna
Bodhi - Polo / Alto
Chandranath - Xylo
Dip (with family) - Pajero
Swapnil - In Bodhi's car
Swift Kolkata (with family) - Swift
Rohit (with family) - Scorpio
Arunanshu (with family) - Ford fiesta
Pushan (with family) - Wagon R
Calpu - Tagged with someone

We already have 12 confirmed members and 10 cars..

Samba07 and Subhenduc tentative

Who else.

Thread Starter #20
Update on the drive -
Date - 10th Sep drive out / 11th Sep Drive in
Location - Changed to Mandarmani on the beach just 2 km before originally planned Tajpur. Tajpur has limited accommodation and could not secure stay options.

Estimated room requirement -

Members with family / friend requiring 1 room each
Subrata - Fortuner
Myth - Hyundai Verna
Dip - Pajero
Swift Kolkata (Sanku) - Swift
Rohit - Scorpio
Sarkar 9057 (Arunanshu) - Ford Fiesta
Pushan - Wagon R

Members traveling alone and in double shared room -
Rahul - Indigo
Bodhi - Polo / Alto
Chandranath - Xylo
Swapnil - In Bodhi's car
Calpu (Koushik Roy) - Tagged with someone

So 7 rooms for families and two and half rooms for individual members. Lets block 10 rooms straight away as we expect some others to join also.

Bodhi and Sanku, please take note

Last edited:
Wow!
I am delighted to see the list of confirmed people.

You guys are really motivatING the rest of TAI-gers to get into meets. We bangy buys are having a meet this weekend, expecting good numbers.

Do post ample pics of the meet.

All the best!

Anand.N

Thread Starter #24
Wow!
I am delighted to see the list of confirmed people.

You guys are really motivatING the rest of TAI-gers to get into meets. We bangy buys are having a meet this weekend, expecting good numbers.

Do post ample pics of the meet.

All the best!

Anand.N
Yes SS80, I am following that thread. All the best to you guys for a great meet.

In fact I was tempted to reply to someone's post (think it was Appu) on having it somewhere midway between chennai and Bengaluru so chennai team could join. My answer would have been to try to have the meet somewhere further up the country and the Kolkata team could have also pitched in.[;)]

Anyways have a great one and post pictures

Last edited:
Update on the drive -
Location - Changed to Mandarmani on the beach just 2 km before originally planned Tajpur. Tajpur has limited accommodation and could not secure stay options.

That is what I suggested! Mandarmani has more hotels, even few large ones, offering more rooms. I guess even the facilities there are more. Went there last month with friends and had beautiful hot crab curry (made real hot by chilli) sitting right on the beach, leaving the comfort of our AC rooms. I normally do not eat crabs at home but the food went so good that some of my friends almost started attempting to sleep on the beach. Had to restrain them by pulling them and dragging them to their rooms. [;)]

Thread Starter #26
That is what I suggested! Mandarmani has more hotels, even few large ones, offering more rooms. I guess even the facilities there are more. Went there last month with friends and had beautiful hot crab curry (made real hot by chilli) sitting right on the beach, leaving the comfort of our AC rooms. I normally do not eat crabs at home but the food went so good that some of my friends almost started attempting to sleep on the beach. Had to restrain them by pulling them and dragging them to their rooms. [;)]
Rahul we will do that here also. Don't worry. Can have it next day lunch before we leave and they can prepare in advance.

Samba07 is also confirmed coming alone. So as per above list its exactly 10 rooms as of now,

We are expecting Pushan who is travelling with 3 adults including himself to share the 11th room with whoever is joining us from here on. Alternatively he can remain with his family in the same room and 11th room goes to Ayon who is sailing back fast to meet us.

We also have Shubhenduc who will confirm us latest by Thursday. All in all not a happy situation to be in with limitations on rooms [:)][glasses]

Friends,
Just had a little conversation with Chandranath, who is presently in Shillong, possibly with some official work (did not ask him why). He informed me that our first overnight meet would be taking place in "Hotel Golden Beach Resort" in Mandarmani. Preliminary arrangement for room booking has already been completed.

I remembered that I had the pleasure of staying at that hotel twice in the year 2011. First time went there with my family. Second time stayed there with my office colleagues. Remembered that they offered cottage type rooms. Though I have been at Mandarmani few more times, did not stay there anymore. Wish to share few old pictures with the members, taken inside or in the vicinity of the hotel. Please remember that all these pictures were taken five years earlier.

The front part of the hotel.
057.JPG

The rooms in this hotel.
027.JPG

Another portion of the same hotel. Please excuse me if my car blocks a part of the view.
028.JPG

My wife facing the sea. Sorry it was not a moonlit evening, otherwise the picture would have been good.
035.JPG

A view of the beach at Mandarmani.
058.JPG

The dining room or the restaurant is visible, being located at the last end. They also offered room service. They offered a variety of fish items and their food was very tasty, if I remember correctly.
052.JPG

It was my car parked there for a photo shoot. Normally the management do not allow the boarders to park their vehicles there, unless requested.
098.JPG

Looking forward to the meet.
Regards,
Rahul

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Friends,
Just had a little conversation with Chandranath, who is presently in Shillong, possibly with some official work (did not ask him why). He informed me that our first overnight meet would be taking place in "Hotel Golden Beach Resort" in Mandarmani. Preliminary arrangement for room booking has already been completed.

I remembered that I had the pleasure of staying at that hotel twice in the year 2011. First time went there with my family. Second time stayed there with my office colleagues. Remembered that they offered cottage type rooms. Though I have been at Mandarmani few more times, did not stay there anymore. Wish to share few old pictures with the members, taken inside or in the vicinity of the hotel. Please remember that all these pictures were taken five years earlier.

The front part of the hotel.
View attachment 207632

The rooms in this hotel.
View attachment 207628

Another portion of the same hotel. Please excuse me if my car blocks a part of the view.
View attachment 207629

My wife facing the sea. Sorry it was not a moonlit evening, otherwise the picture would have been good.
View attachment 207630

A view of the beach at Mandarmani.
View attachment 207633

The dining room or the restaurant is visible, being located at the last end. They also offered room service. They offered a variety of fish items and their food was very tasty, if I remember correctly.
View attachment 207631

It was my car parked there for a photo shoot. Normally the management do not allow the boarders to park their vehicles there, unless requested.
View attachment 207634

Looking forward to the meet.
Regards,
Rahul
Thanks rahul for showing us our place.. It appears lovely.

Thanks Rahulda for sharing the pics. It looks really good. Hope we all have a good time there. Is there any place Rahulda where you had not been to in Bengal? ( just kidding) ?

Rahul, Thanks for the nice photos. Hope they have improved or at least maintained the standard.
Appears to be quite a nice place for the FIRST overnight meet of the TAI ,Kolkata.
These pictures will also motivate the fence sitters.

Top Bottom