TAI Inter Region Meet in Chikmagalur

Which Would Be the Most Suitable Location?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #31
Re: South Meets West - Inter Region Meet

Freinds, I think we need to blow up this thread little more. There is no much action to this. Freinds post your suggestions on date, destination etc. I expect more people from WEST.

Please create a poll for location. Coorg should be a good place for a meet. Are there any long holidays coming up?

Thread Starter #33

Please create a poll for location. Coorg should be a good place for a meet. Are there any long holidays coming up?

We need some multiple locations which could be common and more or less same distance for AP/KA/KL and West guys [may be if the destination in same state for those people distance could be less, we can not avoid it.]

Regarding leave, generally in october we will have holidays i belive for schools. we working people might need to avail couple of days leave depending upon the total number of days considering Sat and Sun

Sethu,

Really I was searching a lot these days for destination, but it is a difficulty job to find one which is eqally close to everybody[frustration]

Goa is a destination easy for Bangalore,Mumbai,Pune people, Little bit far for Hyderabad( it may be OK as you do not find more members active from here), but long for Chennai,Kochi,Trivandrum people. If this should be the destination then, all these three areas members have to take a break some where and proceed. Chennai people can always take a break at Bangalore and join together with Bangalore friends.

In other possibility some place in and around Bangalore towards probably Mumbai Highway, so that it becomes easy for chennai,Kochi,Trivandrum,Hyderabad and even for Pune guys some extent and only Mumbai people have to go to Pune and take a break and join with them !!

Duration, all in all it looks October is the right time weather conditions wise and in case of Goa, it will be still off season hence everything will be in control. If it has to be with some families around then in our region October will have holidays for Dussera(Oct'24th) starting from some where around 15/16th October. So in any angle this should be the right time. After October it is really gets crowded in Goa till Jan 1st week. I have seen all the months in Goa during a year !! as I traveled to Goa every month used to stay for 3 days from 2001 to 2003 !!

Duration of stay apart from travel should be max.2 days, because to & fro will at least takes 2 days minimum and for unforeseen issues one more day as buffer. So 5 days is OK max as it is very difficult to get out of the office more than that for me and I hope for most of the people.

So with the above, try and add from your side and we need to put up a poll for places and dates soon !!

I see this is moving bit slow, there are not much comments yet from West friends

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

Sethu,

Really I was searching a lot these days for destination, but it is a difficulty job to find one which is eqally close to everybody[frustration]

Oops. Iam really sorry about that RK. Hope Mr. Raja can suggest some other places?

I think i need to bring more crowd to the thread which will sure throw us lot of suggestion. today let me send PMs to all south and west people.

Will that help Mr. RK?

In october we have only 2 holidays oct 2nd and 23rd for Ayudapuja, In November we might get Diwali holidays but i think members will be busy celebrating with their family,

Confused with the dates?? can anyone make it easier. I guess Sethu sir will be busy preparing the template soon. We first need to make a list of attendees and then plan for the date approval. later we can begin with the Votes for date and location, how well is this going to be and i think this event will be the biggest event ever in the TAI history.

Imagine more members coming from all the places gathered along with their close ones.
Still I am in a dilemma of confusion state, South meets west or West meeting South.

Oops. Iam really sorry about that RK. Hope Mr. Raja can suggest some other places?

I think i need to bring more crowd to the thread which will sure throw us lot of suggestion. today let me send PMs to all south and west people.

Will that help Mr. RK?
Sir, this will be perfect and thank you for your patience[clap]

@Manjoo

Yes, you are right first we need to see that how many are inclined towards this meet !!

Guys fix a meeting point first so people can decide that they can join or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #40
In october we have only 2 holidays oct 2nd and 23rd for Ayudapuja, In November we might get Diwali holidays but i think members will be busy celebrating with their family,
Manjoo sir, As I told in my previous mail, we will have to manage for couple of days leaves availing from our work combining with Sat and Sun. Iam sure this meet we can not make it on one day. We will have atleast minium of two days for the meet since as youself said at the bottom of this post that this is going to be biggest event ever in the TAI history. So let us make this as a family function and make sure to avail some leave from our work[;)]

Confused with the dates?? can anyone make it easier. I guess Sethu sir will be busy preparing the template soon. We first need to make a list of attendees and then plan for the date approval. later we can begin with the Votes for date and location, how well is this going to be and i think this event will be the biggest event ever in the TAI history.
Based on my past experience in organising the meets, list of atendees can not be finalised till the last moment. Hope you could have seen this in our previous meet's thread. It is not like blamming but it is the fact since participation on a meet depends upon various points for every one. So let us not concentrate on antendees as of now. This just my opinion. others you can suggest and openly come with your opinions.

Imagine more members coming from all the places gathered along with their close ones.
Still I am in a dilemma of confusion state, South meets west or West meeting South.
Yes, even when we two state people met together there where so many cultural/behavorial/climatical differences [not complaining pls]. I think that is the main advantages of this meet. So let us make it and make this as great great gala meet.

And you need not to get confused wether it is south meets west or west meets south. Its TAIians meet TAIians[;)] How is it [ In rajini style ] we can give any name for this.

Guys fix a meeting point first so people can decide that they can join or not.

Mr vinayan, thanks for joining us in the thread. Yes as you said, it is right to decide the place. but we are facing problem in finding the place common to all. Any help is appriciated.

mods sorry abt multiple posts, itried to avoid this, i could n't

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Goa is too far for guys who comes from Chennai, because it's from one end to the other and another thing is most of the time is lost in travelling only, and in the middle lies of these two places lies Coorg, i am in, but let us freeze the date 10 days before as we need to book the hotels/resorts etc. I would suggest that it would be a two day meet, and one day to travel total of 3 days for people coming from far-away places.

Guys any place you decide is ok for me . I dont know much places in south so iam not suggesting any . IMHO if any destination for either of state members is plus minus 3-4 hours it's ok I think .

I have just voted for Goa, but please take it as my favourite tourist spot[:)] and not as a final destination of the meet. Whatever you decide I will try and adjust my self to be there[clap] So my vote is very flexible for you

Top Bottom