TAI Inter Region Meet in Chikmagalur

Which Would Be the Most Suitable Location?

• Total voters
Re: South Meets West - Inter Region Meet

The reason for Coorg is that, it is almost mid-way beet Goa and Chennai, and guys from Bangalore can join and guide us. The initial halting point can be Bangalore,and then proceed to Coorg. I haven't been to Coorg before, but, i have heard people saying it as a place similar to Munnar.(nice green environment,few sight seeing places,eat and sleep)

If Coorg comes out in the final opinions of all the interested members, then I can try and figure out a good Homestay as well which I think would be a good option with no hassels and the place would also be completely at our stake. Choice of food would be ours etc etc.

Lets see what the others in the forum think of this and decide on a place.

Thread Starter #19

If Coorg comes out in the final opinions of all the interested members, then I can try and figure out a good Homestay as well which I think would be a good option with no hassels and the place would also be completely at our stake. Choice of food would be ours etc etc.

Lets see what the others in the forum think of this and decide on a place.
How about a meet at COORG?
Hey freinds, will coorg be center and convinient for guys from West also [ also for AP, KL and TN guys] Let me try to prepare distance chart again between Coorg and Other cities.

Anyway, Surender Thanks for Suggesting a new place [Hope every one like it.] I surely vote for it.

Freinds when I searched for coorg it says Madikeri. Is that right? Pls let me know.

if that is the right place it will be easy for us to access it but difficult for WEST people. From pune it is around 887 KMs which might take 14 hours. but the same place from chennai it would be 592 KMs which might take 9 hours.

Last edited:

My heart says Goa. But considering people from Chennai, it might not be practical. But. I bet all your tiredness will vanish once you are in Goa. There are many budget hotels like apartment. Good parking arrangement. One I stayed was Alor Grande. We can make it. But it will be a vacation cum meet,if planned for Goa. 3-4 days atleast.
What about Mangalore. Few hours less for Chennai guys.
I might be available in December, as I will be sailing from this month end.

Oh !! Sethu,

You have started the engine and it slowly heating up[clap] good.

I think it is difficult to fix a central place for all the regions equally, so let us put effort by suggesting the approximately comfortable places by distance for everybody and we go with the majority. So we need to have a poll soon for place and date & duration !![:)]

Thread Starter #22

If it is scheduled after 5-6months I can able to join. Otherwise [confused]

Why Mr. Appu such a confused face. We will make it. 5-6 months is toooo long. We will have another meet 5-6 months after[;)]

Oh !! Sethu,

You have started the engine and it slowly heating up[clap] good.

I think it is difficult to fix a central place for all the regions equally, so let us put effort by suggesting the approximately comfortable places by distance for everybody and we go with the majority. So we need to have a poll soon for place and date & duration !![:)]
Ha Ha, Yes as you said I just started the engine. I know where it will go and stop. Ya I know it will be really difficult to fix a place to the exact proximity to all. But to some extent I feel it should be same distance for all. And at the same time I dont mind traveling that 900kms [ I dont know how much petrol will be gulped my sparky, even though it has LPG] but I feel other chennai members may not be able to make it or may not prefer for such a long distance.

So Fixing the destination for this is meet is going to be real difficult. But for that we need lot of inputs. Freinds even if you may not be able to participate we request you to help us with fixing the destination. Thread is open to all for suggestions.

My heart says Goa. But considering people from Chennai, it might not be practical. But. I bet all your tiredness will vanish once you are in Goa. There are many budget hotels like apartment. Good parking arrangement. One I stayed was Alor Grande. We can make it. But it will be a vacation cum meet,if planned for Goa. 3-4 days atleast.
What about Mangalore. Few hours less for Chennai guys.
I might be available in December, as I will be sailing from this month end.
I know it will be nice to be at Goa for couple of days after a looonnnnnngggggg drive. But as I said earlier, I do not know how many chennai freinds will be able to do that and like that.

What about Mangalore? what is there in mangalore? will it be convinient for WEST guys?

BTW, except Akash and Raja, we have not received any comments from any WEST Freinds..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25

mr sethu as per your request here is black sparky may 2008 model[:)]
WOOOOOOOOOOW.. What else I can say, you black sparky is well maintained it seems and loooooooooooooooks tooo good. I think the your sparky steals my heart.

And the way you have picturised it is also great. I think you can be a best competitor for your freinds who took the fabulous picutres of yours which you have posted in PICS of YOU thread.

Iam eager to park my spaky next to your sparky. Hope we will do that soon in our meet.

Pls let us know if you have any DIY or any additional accessories in that.

WOW !! Raja. It looks really stunning and brand new !!

Are there pics are recent one's if so, you are really maintaining the car so well in the city like Mumbai[clap]

Are there pics are recent one's if so, you are really maintaining the car so well in the city like Mumbai[clap]
Sethu sir and Gurralla sir ,
The pictures were taken yesterday as mr sethu requested them .
To be honest it's a real pain to maintain a black car .once in a month I give it a pressure wash that's it .
The car is stock other then music system Sony explode which dealer gave free with 4 speakers , sun film and floor mats .
I just added seat covers that's it . No mods planned I prefer car to be as stock as possible . And glad that you liked the car thanx so much . It has been a no nonsense car for us since 4 and half years fill it shut it and forget it kind off .

Thread Starter #28

Yes Mr. Gurrala, he had clicked the pics just yesterday after I have requested him. Yes as you said he is maintaining the car very nicely. pls Comment on the picturization of his car. Its too good na. Very well taken.

Hey freinds, will coorg be center and convinient for guys from West also [ also for AP, KL and TN guys] Let me try to prepare distance chart again between Coorg and Other cities.

Anyway, Surender Thanks for Suggesting a new place [Hope every one like it.] I surely vote for it.

Freinds when I searched for coorg it says Madikeri. Is that right? Pls let me know.

if that is the right place it will be easy for us to access it but difficult for WEST people. From pune it is around 887 KMs which might take 14 hours. but the same place from chennai it would be 592 KMs which might take 9 hours.
yes sir coorg/madekeri/mercara all are same place name.which you could see in my travelogue.

As i finished my trip last week. I personally dont feel coorg the best.As the places in coorg are crowded though its half season now it wont be suitable for a meet. I think wayanad would suite us the best.Which i had visited a month before.It was a pleasant place with little crowd.
We can have trekking,offroading and camping etc which we want.

nice pics and your car looks lovely in black.I usually love all the cars in black[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes Mr. Gurrala, he had clicked the pics just yesterday after I have requested him. Yes as you said he is maintaining the car very nicely. pls Comment on the picturization of his car. Its too good na. Very well taken.
+ 100 for your comments and as well, Raja's maintenance of his car[clap]. Raja we look for more pics of your sparky.

Oh, sorry, I think we are going off topic[surprise]

Top Bottom