TAI Inter Region Meet in Chikmagalur

Which Would Be the Most Suitable Location?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #541
ok. To make it interesting here are some teasers about this place.

A video I found
Horsley Hills - YouTube

Stay can organised at
Horsley hills holidays
APTDC

Some write-up on this place
Horsley Hills, Hill station in CHITTOOR, Andhra Ooty
Horsley Hills , Tirupati, India, Travel Guide and Travel information, Meriyatrra.com
Horsley Hills Photos - Horsley Hills Picture Gallery Latest Horsley Hills Travel Images

Shall we change the title as TAI Inter Region Meet @ New venue, HORSLEY HILLS or start a new thread?

Thread Starter #542
Sethu sir, forget about 10th and 14th of next month as Telugu,Kannada,Tamil and Malayalam new years so as Appu said we will plan something on 3rd or 4th weekends of April 13

Regarding the accommodation you can find out from the AP tourism website, yes we can book in advance I think. I have visited during the day and return in the evening to next destination as it was Southern AP and Chennai tour.
Sir, 3rd and 4th week may not be possible for me. other wise we should plan on 2nd and 3rd week of may [12 and 13 or 19 and 20]

Sorry guys if am spoil sport. My situation is like that. If necessary pls carry on with you current plan. No need to change for me. Always with you guys where ever you go.

Sethu Sir,

No no, we will have to find a way that you are there, so according to you which date you are comfortable in April and we need to bring lot of our bangalore and MH friends into this.

Why to make one more thread sir, I think the purpose is same so , we continue it here

Thanks for the video link
After seeing, another doubt came to my mind. Is this season alright to go there? It looks so hot without any greenery in the video ? Are we planning on right time? As I never been there, you guys can throw some light :)

@sethu sir, will fix a time on everyone's convenient date.

@Appus,

It is a hill station and summer is the perfect time to go there. Yes it looks like no greenery in the video, but physically there are tall trees all around the place and was pretty cool too. I have visited during Aug'2007. Still we could find out more details on the temperatures in April and decide. That place was just one of the option, we could think of others which are close to Chennai and Bangalore together.

At this point of time, I only see Appu Me Gurrala and Sethu.
Anyone else i missed? to all- please share your inputs.
Another imp note- This Good friday I might be in Hyd. So we need to ideally look at April or May.

@krish, appus and AppU are different. One in Bangalore and other in Chennai. AppU being a senior member and appus - a newborn in TAI

I think my previous post didnt appear here.

RK, thanks for the reply. Do not want to discuss another 35 pages for selecting a place (pun intended) [;)]

We love greenery and prefer places which are less polluted by traffic and by people. Horsey Hills looks like one.

@AppU, heard yelagiri. It is very near to Bangalore. 160 KM

Even I heard a lot about Yelagiri as our Chennai and Banagalore mates already made a meet over there I think. How is that place and how far is from Bangalore. I think Sethu and Appu can tell more about it, or we need to search that Independence day meet.

@appus, horsely hills not completely covered with greenery like the coorg or ooty, but is a very small hill station with some long trees and very less crowd and very calm. The weather is cool, but do not expect any good senaries around, But

If I remember that Independence day meet at Yelagiri, there was not so much greenery as coorg or chickmaglur I think

Last edited:
@RK,
No problem if it is cool than scorching hot.
Carfreak is visiting/visited Yelagiri , we can ask him about the place [thinking]

Last edited:
@Gurrala: Independence day meet happened at Amirti forest, which is located 30km from Vellore .

Yelagiri is also a mountain with some deep air pin bends. this place was nominated for Independence day meet, but we went to Amirthi forest.

@Appu, we need finally a cool place in this hot summer, so suggest something like that.

@Sethu, I think does it make sense continuing the discussion in this thread as a visitor gets confused more reading all the pages, think about it and do we start a new thread again

Thread Starter #553
OK.

I think both yelagiri and Horsey Hills is going to be same in summer. Am sure it might not be toooooo cool and at the same time it may not be too hot in day time. Am sure it is going to be cool in nights.

Let us plan it like this

If it is Yelagir, let us stay at Hotel O'nila which is only hotel with Swimming pool in Yelagir [this info as on Dec 2010]. I had been there three times. Twice with my family for one day trip. Once with my friends of my previous company for two days. I have shared some pics in next post.

update : Even hotel Hill Breeze have swimming pool I believe.

Plan might be like
  • leave early morning and meet for lunch with some short rest.
  • After that do some chit-chat, drives, inspection etc etc. [We friends played cricket].
  • From evening let us party till mid night. [Whatever]
  • Next day early morning do some trekking to the near by hill [I think it will take 3 hours to reach the top]
  • come back for breakfast [might be late brunch]
  • Enjoy the pool for some time.
  • Rest for some time [even we could sleep for couple of hours]
  • Leave to home.

if it is going to be Horsey Hills we can plan like this [Never been there so some can suggest alternate also]

• leave early morning and meet for lunch with some short rest.
  • After that do some chit-chat, drives, inspection etc etc.
  • From evening let us party till mid night. [Whatever]
  • Next day early morning start with breakfast
  • Then do some activities and play for some time [ I think one resort has some activities]
  • have lunch
  • Rest for some time [even we could sleep for couple of hours]
  • Leave to home.

I think for Bangalore TAIians the climate might be difficult [We saw how Varun suffered last time]

Some Pics from my yelagiri trip. followed in next post.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #554
@Appu, we need finally a cool place in this hot summer, so suggest something like that.

@Sethu, I think does it make sense continuing the discussion in this thread as a visitor gets confused more reading all the pages, think about it and do we start a new thread again
RK Sir, Shall we start a new thread and move posts from 520 till current post to new thread?

@Sethu

What kind of problems Varun faced ??

Yes, that would be better to shift the posts to new thread and give a title like "TAI short hill station trip" - Planning". So we could invite all MH,KL,KA,AP,TN friends thru' thread it self and if more people from different regions confirm, then we will again change the thread title to some thing like "Inter region

Top Bottom