Tachometer Mounting Pod Making and Installation in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #16
That is awesome work Sreejesh, Cant believe this is an output of DIY!
Amazing, i wonder if I can replicate that with that kind of finish. Thanks a lot
Very near DIY. Congrats dude.
BTW why did you take off the Hood portion?
Thanks you SS80 and Boss for the feed back. [:)]
SS80, you can try it man. Its not that much difficult. I can help you, if you need.
Boss, the hood work is not finished yet. Once done will update it.

Re: Tachometer mounting pod making and installation in a maruti 800

Now the lighting part. The tacho had normal incandescent 12v bulb.

You can see the black rubber made thing is the bulb holder. You can just pull it out.
View attachment 49792

This one goes to replace the yellow incandescent dim light to bright white light. This LED is bit bigger than the normal ones
and cost Rs.5. This was with me from past 2 years when I have replaced my meter lights.
Used the 470 ohm resister to limit the voltage to 3v.
For calculating resister value and creating series/parallel arrays this link will help you.
View attachment 49793

Replaced the light. Sorry, didn't take the previous stage for comparison.
View attachment 49794
hi sreejeshtpl im new to this DIY stuff and by the way i too own a maruti 800 2000 make carb model will you tell where those wires of the tacho should be fitted is there any slot near the steering coloumn where you have fitted the black and red wire . if not please tell me where and how the wires should be attached and where should be the resistor mounted i.e to the red wire in series or please tell me.
i have basic knowledge of series and parallel connection[roll] i would like to have a sporty tacho just like yours thankyou[:)]

Thread Starter #21
Re: Tachometer mounting pod making and installation in a maruti 800

hi sreejeshtpl im new to this DIY stuff and by the way i too own a maruti 800 2000 make carb model will you tell where those wires of the tacho should be fitted is there any slot near the steering coloumn where you have fitted the black and red wire . if not please tell me where and how the wires should be attached and where should be the resistor mounted i.e to the red wire in series or please tell me.
i have basic knowledge of series and parallel connection[roll] i would like to have a sporty tacho just like yours thankyou[:)]
You can connect those wires to your meter console lights. What i did was inserted the cables to the plastic connector where the power goes for the meter lights. This helps to avoid cutting the wires. Solder resistor to the -ve leg of LED. Please go through the link, there you will get the basics of LED connections.
Image for reference (don't have the connector image)
light-connection.jpg

This is the bulb used in the tacho.
tacho-bulb.jpg

Top Bottom