Ta ta Manza... Hello City...

Thread Starter #91
Now, Honda has told me that the battery is not very healthy and have advised me to change it. 40K and it is still on the original battery. Previous experience with my Zen tells me to heed to the advice and change it. But I am pushing it off for a couple of months as there are no visual signs of a weak battery. Something tells me that I am making a wrong decision. One day soon I may have to push-start the car and drive straight for a battery change.[embarass]
So, it happened. After around 2000 kms.

I was going to office one day and when I tried to start the car at a traffic signal, it wouldn't start. switched off all the electricals and started the car... barely. Drove to office without 'Off'ing the engine anywhere. After parking the car tried to start and the car wouldn't crank. My boss called up a battery dealer who had recently changed his car's battery and the guy turned up with a new Amaron 50b20l battery (30 + 30 months warranty). He took back the original OEM battery, (had lasted more than 4 years and 42000 kms), and gave a discount of 1051 rs. So I had to shell out 3500 rs. [:D]

On a lazy drive near Hosur...

Thread Starter #92
Almost nearing 50000kms on the odo, received a call for service. I have one long drive pending this month. I am planning to give it for the 50k service after the drive.

I have changed the AC pollen filter on my own. Apart from that the car is doing fine.

Appu drove the car in Chennai and and said the car was driving exactly the same as he had driven 25k kms before. But he was able to note the stiffened suspension due to the coil spring adjusters.

Last weekend, we had to do a one day trip to Chennai. Left for Chennai Saturday morning and returned back Sunday morning.

The overall FE for the trip was 20.2kmpl.
Hosur to Krishnagiri toll was an awesome 31 kmpl (probably due to the downhill drive most way).
Reached Chennai @ 23.4 kmpl
while leaving Chennai 19.3 kmpl
Krishnagiri toll @ 25.1 kmpl
home @ Hosur at 20.2 kmpl (due to some spirited driving in traffic - just to keep in touch)

Kept the car steady between 70 and 90 kmph. Touched the brake peddle only on a couple of occasions to reduce speed (apart from the tolls). Pleasant and stress free drive.

I am really happy with this car. My next car most probably will again be a City or God willing, a Civic.

Thread Starter #93
62000 odd kms on the odo and the first "niggle/issue" if I can call it that. The left side brake light bulb not working/fused. Thank to Gandhi for pointing it out.

Need to find time to visit the service station and get it replaced. The problem is that I pass them before they open in the morning and after they close in the evening.[frustration]

Thread Starter #94
Posting after a long time. Nothing much to write as the car is running as it should.
I need to give the car for the 80,000km service as it has rolled over 82,000kms as of now. We are going on a trip to the hills so have to get the car serviced before that.

While my front tyres are 3 years and 40,000kms old, my rear tyres have done 82,000k in 7 years. (original MRF). Planning to buy 2 new tyres for the front and fix the existing front tyres on the rear.

The car is in a great shape with some minor dents and scratches. Does not spoil the looks of the car, so I am planning to do it up later.

I was told that the normal time for the clutch change will be around 75000kms. Yes, the clutch has become a little hard, but not a problem though. My friend had his clutch changed at 60000kms.

Everything is working fine with the car... absolutely no niggles at all.

The issues I faced during the ownership of this car are as follows:

• I didn't like the sound of the original horn and changed it to Hella. But, that horn didn't work after some months and I had to replace it.
  • The original headlights were weak and I replaced them with some high powered bulbs. Then after some months I noticed some loose contact in the wiring harness that the accessories shop guys rigged up and had to get it repaired properly. No issues after that.
  • One of the brake lights bulb had fused and got it replaced free of charge during a service.
  • Interiors need cleaning. Not sure if I should get it done during service or from 3M.
  • Wheel covers are loose as the original wheel nuts have lost the rubber washers that is a part of the nut. I was told that each nut cost around 200 rs.
I have 2 major upgrade plans for the car. One is to change to alloy wheels while changing the tyres. And the other is to change the shocks both front and rear. I was told that the new shocks for the latest model will solve the GC issue. And it might cost around 22,000 rs to do that. The catch is that they will only change the 4 shocks and not the 2 coil springs at the rear.

Overall I am extremely happy with the car. Though my wife says it is time to change as the car is 7 years and 82000kms old, I am planning to keep it for another 3 years. I love the shape/looks of the car and am proud to own a good looking car which is trouble free.

I have 2 major upgrade plans for the car. One is to change to alloy wheels while changing the tyres. And the other is to change the shocks both front and rear. I was told that the new shocks for the latest model will solve the GC issue. And it might cost around 22,000 rs to do that. The catch is that they will only change the 4 shocks and not the 2 coil springs at the rear.
Some Chrome type alloys(even Deep dish alloys) looks fabulous on our HC [angel]

Overall I am extremely happy with the car. Though my wife says it is time to change as the car is 7 years and 82000kms old, I am planning to keep it for another 3 years. I love the shape/looks of the car and am proud to own a good looking car which is trouble free.
yes, It is a better decision to keep the car for next 3 yrs, as there is no issues with it.[clap]

Top Bottom