Ta ta Manza... Hello City...

Thread Starter #31
Huge and neat boot... (but the boot lip/opening is quite narrow and placed a bit high. I will know if that is a problem this Saturday when we load up for our Chennai trip)

car_27.jpg

car_26.jpg

The IVTEC... (I like the engine. takes off at any gear...)

car_28.jpg

The door locks - locked position... ( it is odd that we have to pull the small lock lever outward to lock, whereas a mere push unlocks the door. I would have thought that it should be functioning reversely to prevent accidental unlocking of the door.)

car_29.jpg

Unlock position...

car_30.jpg

The tyres... (MRF... noisy ones. Should be real noisy on highway speeds. Knowing MRF, they should be good for a couple of years more.)

car_31.jpg

car_32.jpg

@HR

Don't worry about the tyre noise as I am expecting that Honda might have done good noise dampening where you will not have such big problem in the cabin once everything is closed

Just try to load boot fully while your trip and see how it behaves on the speed breakers.

Thread Starter #33
The spare tyre... it is fixed in a way that we cannot access the nozzle for refill. Need to remove the tyre and turn it around to fill air every time.

car_34.jpg

There is a small storage compartment on the driver's side...

car_35.jpg

Tyre pressure 32psi for the front and 30 for the rear...

car_36.jpg

A 1/2 litre tupperware bottle fits in the cup holder behind the armrest...

car_37.jpg

Small storage cavities on all door arm rests...

car_38.jpg

The extreme left and right AC vents have a knob for closing them. The center ones cannot be closed though... and there is a small storage cavity below the right AC vent... useful for keeping parking tickets, etc.

car_39.jpg

[to be cont.]

A very smart decision and a quick one at that, one has to curb his losses before it aggravates further, in stock market terms you just did a smart stop loss. Conratulations I am sure the new city will serve you forever. Btw how much do you drive per month, wondering because you moved from diesel to petrol.

Thread Starter #35
A very smart decision and a quick one at that, one has to curb his losses before it aggravates further, in stock market terms you just did a smart stop loss. Conratulations I am sure the new city will serve you forever. Btw how much do you drive per month, wondering because you moved from diesel to petrol.
Thanks Iron Rock!

As of now, my usage will be only around 300 to 350 kms max per month. Apart form this I might go for a couple of long drives and some trips to Chennai and some short trip each year. I might end up spending around 20k more on fuel each year. But that is ok with us.

Congratulations on your possession. The condition of the car is like showroom car only.[clap] Enjoy the many many miles ahead with the GEM of petrol head IVTEC... [:)]. I also have 2012 model City which is only 4 months old baby... And thanks a lot for those nice shots of interiors.

Congrats HR. I could not believe that it is a preowned vehicle. Neatly maintained and very good looking. BTW, where are you staying in chennai? We can meet here if possible.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Highway Ranger

It’s great to note that you have become one of our family members & appreciate your decision.

Congrats, you will love and would be proud to own an ANHC.

Of course the satisfaction of mind is more important and especially when it suits to both of your minds – you & your wife…what else you require!

I really appreciate on all of your observations and especially the cabin light & the spare tyre; I too have done some modification. Of course, I don’t have ‘Speed sensitive central locking’ issue, as mine is an aftermarket fitment.

You may also visit my thread, you will find many interesting information about our lovable car.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html

All luck be yours.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Hey HR. Congratulations for your new acquisition. Look at the pics I initially thought you bought a new car, but then reading through the thread made me realize this is pre owned one.

Nice car you have got. How do you feel the transition from high torque engine to high rev engine?

What about GC of city. Till now did you have any problems with GC?

Enjoy the City and wish you lots of happy and peaceful miles.

^^Dharmesh, without any second thought the present City has the GC issue and you should be extra careful at our abnormal speed breakers and patholes.

There is news that the new Honda City which is going to be released in Jan'14 is sorted out the GC issue make the suspension bit hard

Thread Starter #42
Congratulations on your possession. The condition of the car is like showroom car only. Enjoy the many many miles ahead with the GEM of petrol head IVTEC... I also have 2012 model City which is only 4 months old baby... And thanks a lot for those nice shots of interiors.
Thanks HaruH. I saw your ownership thread. Congratulations! Enjoy Maadi...as they say in Bangalore...[:D]

Congrats HR. I could not believe that it is a preowned vehicle. Neatly maintained and very good looking. BTW, where are you staying in chennai? We can meet here if possible.
Thank you Octy_Vin. I am at present in Chennai. I will be here till next Sunday. I stay @ mogappair West. I am pretty familiar with Annanagar, Kilpauk, Ayanavaram, Purasaiwalkam and surrounding areas. It will be nice if we can meet somewhere...

Dear Highway Ranger
It’s great to note that you have become one of our family members & appreciate your decision.
Congrats, you will love and would be proud to own an ANHC.
Of course the satisfaction of mind is more important and especially when it suits to both of your minds – you & your wife…what else you require!
I really appreciate on all of your observations and especially the cabin light & the spare tyre; I too have done some modification. Of course, I don’t have ‘Speed sensitive central locking’ issue, as mine is an aftermarket fitment.
You may also visit my thread, you will find many interesting information about our lovable car.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html
All luck be yours.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thank you Doc. I have gone through your thread... no all the threads. Really interesting.

Your ownership thread is like an encyclopedia on Honda City, which I can refer any time I have any doubt or want to modify anything[clap]

Keep up the good work, Doc! appreciated.

Hey HR. Congratulations for your new acquisition. Look at the pics I initially thought you bought a new car, but then reading through the thread made me realize this is pre owned one.

Nice car you have got. How do you feel the transition from high torque engine to high rev engine?

What about GC of city. Till now did you have any problems with GC?

Enjoy the City and wish you lots of happy and peaceful miles.

Thanks dharmesh.

I feel City is easy to drive both in city and also highway (which I found out yesterday on my Bangalore -> Chennai.) The car surges forward in any given gear. Never had to down shift anytime.

Regarding the GC, I would not consider it as a problem. I had 2 Zens earlier (before Manza) and both of them were very fond of kissing the speed breakers. I never used to bother about that because when I had the bottom inspected, there were no issues with the under chassis.

BTW, the drive to Chennai was cool. I had a relaxed drive and I guess the FE that I got on the highway from the A2B bunk at Hosur/Krishnagiri till Queens land near Chennai was unbelievable. It was too good to be true, so I took some photos for keepsake. The average has come down to 18.6 after some city driving in Chennai.

The Average FE...
car_40.jpg

The trip distance...
car_41.jpg

Thank you Octy_Vin. I am at present in Chennai. I will be here till next Sunday. I stay @ mogappair West. I am pretty familiar with Annanagar, Kilpauk, Ayanavaram, Purasaiwalkam and surrounding areas. It will be nice if we can meet somewhere...
Buddy, am staying in Koyembedu, Lets meet somewhere in Anna Nager, if you are interested lets organize a meet with some more TAIers [:)]
I am really interested in seeing your DSLR as well as your city[;)]

Thread Starter #44
Buddy, am staying in Koyembedu, Lets meet somewhere in Anna Nager, if you are interested lets organize a meet with some more TAIers [:)]
I am really interested in seeing your DSLR as well as your city[;)]

That is less than 5 kms from my place... I am game for any place around Anna nagar.

Barring next saturday, (will be attending a wedding), I should be free after 4 pm on all days.

A very smart decision and a quick one at that, one has to curb his losses before it aggravates further, in stock market terms you just did a smart stop loss.
I beg to differ here. Ideally he should have sold it long back say last year.
He could have got better resale value for his car as the car was quite problem free at that time.
His driving style never justified a diesel car as we can read bellow.,

Thanks dharmesh.

I feel City is easy to drive both in city and also highway (which I found out yesterday on my Bangalore -> Chennai.) The car surges forward in any given gear. Never had to down shift anytime.

Regarding the GC, I would not consider it as a problem. I had 2 Zens earlier (before Manza) and both of them were very fond of kissing the speed breakers. I never used to bother about that because when I had the bottom inspected, there were no issues with the under chassis.

Top Bottom