Ta ta Manza... Hello City...

Thread Starter #1
A change of heart... from diesel back to petrol...

From Tata Manza Aura ABS Qjet to Honda City SMT.

Model : City SMT
Year : 2010
Kms done: around 24400
Previous owners: 1
Color: Habanero Red
Insurance: valid up to Nov, 2014
Tyres: Good - but noisy MRF

The transfer was smooth was smooth. Drive in... Drive out. Saw the car on a Saturday and drove it home on Monday. In addition to trading in my car, I paid around 2 lakhs. Of course this amount is debatable. But I don't care as my wife and I had followed our heart. We are happy with the car.

No review is complete without pictures... believe me, there will be loads and loads of pictures. (...later on as I am pretty busy with office work now)

I have not driven the City enough to write a detailed review yet. But, having driven Manza for over 45000kms and having a City now, I could not resist comparing City with Manza. So I will post some of my personal observations here.

Looks...

No second thoughts... City

Space...

This is debatable. I feel that Manza has better cabin space, especially in the front. Though City ZX had better cabin space than Manza... atleast in the front, City IVTEC's front space is not as good as Manza. To make it worse the placement of the fuel tank below the front seats intrudes into the cabin space.

The boot space of City is much better... more useable space.

Features/Utility...

Manza all the way.

• Illuminated glove compartment... City's isn't

• The glove compartment of Manza is huge compared to City's. and it is well organized with small pockets for cards, docs, pens, etc.
  • Tray under the passenger seat, where we store umbrellas and water bottles... City has none.
  • Rear door pockets. City has none.
  • Illuminated vanity mirror. City's isn't .
  • 4 spot lights... 2 for the front and 2 for the rear. City has none
  • Brighter cabin and boot lights. City's lights are dim.
  • Better Audio system with advanced settings, long displays, better placement of speakers (rear parcel tray). City's system is just basic with no advanced settings, and the display is limited to just 8 chars, making it difficult to browse through the folders.
  • Speed sensitive central locking. This was a great feature as the doors lock automatically as we drive and and unlocks when we remove the ignition key. City does not have this. And this is one feature I miss very badly.
  • The boot opening (lip) in Manza is bigger, making it easier for loading and unloading. While for City it might be difficult to load in big luggage.
  • There are more features in Manza that City does not have. Like, for eg. the all around tinted glass. City's glasses aren't
  • But, City has audio warning that will that will come on if the car is being driven with the hand brakes on. No plans of testing this feature. Manza doesn't have this.

Ride quality/Comfort...

City all the way...

Butter smooth drive, better suspensions, great engine response and a silent engine. It is very easy to drive the City in city traffic. Yet to take it out on the highway.

These are just my initial observations. More to follow later.

Last edited:
Congrats peter .

Have a wonderful time driving the city in city and outside the city . [:)]

Hi,
Its clear that CITY is lacking many features than other cars. But it has a different premium feel of owning Honda CITY.
Wishes to clock more Miles without Issues.

@HR, :kewlpics:ASAP :please:

I have already congratulated you on the manza thread.

Are you planning any ICE upgrades?

In City, I feel the front shoulder support is better than Manza.

Thread Starter #9
Congratulation on your purchase,Enjoy the most.Enjoy revving for miles.Glued to your post
Thank you patkar_a. I hope to update my experience with the city on a regular basis.

Congrats on your new drive. Have a great time in driving. Drive Safe.
Thank you msjawahar. It is really nice to drive the city.

Congrats peter .
Have a wonderful time driving the city in city and outside the city .
Thanks Raja. City in city is great.[:D]

Hi,
Its clear that CITY is lacking many features than other cars. But it has a different premium feel of owning Honda CITY.
Wishes to clock more Miles without Issues.
Thanks Ambylovers. Even while driving I can feel the difference. But I do miss the speed sensitive central locking.

@HR, :kewlpics:ASAP :please:

I have already congratulated you on the manza thread.

Are you planning any ICE upgrades?

In City, I feel the front shoulder support is better than Manza.
Thanks Tornado. The thought of ICE upgrade is in the back of my mind. But not right now.

And the seats in city are quite comfortable. My wife, who has traveled in both the front and the rear seat, says that the car does not rock her around as Manza did on bad stretches.

I plan to fix 3M CR70 for the windscreen this Saturday. There is a rumor that they will legalize the use of 50vlt sun films by Feb next year. If that turns out to be true, it will be great.

Thread Starter #14
Congrats again for the H City. Waiting for the pics
Thanks again anshuman8.

Hi,
As you are so much integrated to the Automatic lock system. Kindly check whether it is possible to fit from outside market.
I will check and see if one can be fixed without any alteration to the original setup.

Congrats ! one question why sudden change from a Diesel to petrol ?
Thanks Varun560061. My usage has come down as I go to office only once a week. So, why not a petrol for a smooth drive...[:)]

Congrats HR !! for your City, the most reliable and popular car from Honda. Look forward to see the pics very soon.
Thanks RK.

[embarass] haven't taken any pictures yet. I feel bad starting a review without any pictures. Hope to take some this weekend.

Got my RC card today. Need to change the insurance to my name.

Top Bottom